Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (dnannen)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-13-2008, 8:15 PM Reply   
Seriously I want to know the best rope and where to buy it! I am buying a new rope this week and want the best there is. Also, really sorry for I am sure this is a common thread but please I need to know.
Old     (nautiquerider27)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-13-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
I prefer to mix and match old tattered ropes together because it makes for a solid combo of the best rope out there.
Old     (wakerpunk)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-13-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
well jeff may prefer dry rotted ropes with no stretch because he would like someting like that. Its just the way he is, and we don't hold it against him. I on the other hand love stretch, and to get stretchy ropes i like to buy climbing rope. That type of rope is designed to stretch if the climber falls. For me, it allows me to load the line and get solid pop for massive airs. The only downfalls to climbing rope is that it is heavy, thick, expensive and sucks for wakeboarding.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
"and sucks for wakeboarding"

In all seriousness, check out the Accurate A-Line or an equivalent coated rope. They're pretty nice.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-13-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
Yeah nice handles on the Accurate lines and they last quite well, having only bought that particular brand of rope (and using it for like 3 seasons) I may be a bit one eyed, but on the other hand I have never been disappointed by it and I don't need to go looking for another brand so I guess they're pretty good.

Climbing rope sinks too probably...
Old    murrayair            07-13-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
I love my Accurate rope. I bought one 3 years ago and it still is as good as new. I've also run it over a few times and it didn't break or cut. The only downside is that they're kind of pricey, but it's well worth the price you pay for it.
Old     (bigjokerinthebox66)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-13-2008, 10:15 PM Reply   
Accurate X-line, A-line

Straightline team line
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-13-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
The only time I damaged my one was when I dropped it on the road doing this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEqRjl04Jf0

I forgot you can't just drop the handle. There was only a small tear on the handle grip, it hasn't actually gotten any worse since, must be some tough glue.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-13-2008, 10:41 PM Reply   
i still ride harline stuff. man i miss that company.