Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       05-29-2006, 12:33 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,
I finally picked up my new(new to me atleast) 21i and the stereo in it is a little lame...I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on which speakers, subs, and amps I should look into? Price is not a problem however i dont want to spend a fortune if possible, links would be gnarley too, thanks
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-29-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
get 4 or more of these speakers ( they come in pairs)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-NEW-MB-QUART-DSE-216-6-5-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS_W0QQitemZ9733558503QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

get this amp to run the 4 speakers

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-LANZAR-MXA412-1000w-4c-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-AMP-AMPLIFIER_W0QQitemZ9733937692QQcategoryZ4950QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but i would go with this amp for the speakers if you wana spend just a little more money for good amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-Slash-Series-300-4-4Ch-Power-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ9733708748QQcategoryZ18796QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

and idk what kinda music you listen to but i would go with like 2 10's go with a jl audio sub though, i dont buy anyother subs but jl, but for right now i gota go to bed but ill help ya out more when you give me more information, music style and other stuff.. later
Old     (liquidforce21i)      Join Date: May 2006       05-31-2006, 4:20 PM Reply   
nice, sometimes my 21i can take on water over the bow so are normal car speakers gonna ok ok or should I get some marine audio ones? I listen to a lot of hard rock but my friends are always playing rap
Old     (overwaters)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
well its up to you man if you want rock which i prefer also i would go with a good 10'' sub,i would go with the JL Audio 10W7 this sub will pound your boat, with rock and rap, for the components car audio sounds better so if you could try to take it easy over the waves i would go with car audio but if its uncontrolable i deffenitly go with marine, or just find a safe spot to mount your speakers out of the water and traffic.
Old     (grampsrider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-06-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
if you are worried about the speakers getting wet get the JL audio marine speakers. ive got them in my boat and they sound really good