Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-25-2010, 10:47 AM Reply   
it was trully amazing!! we missed the finals but i am very happy for James!! Todd and his crew did an awesome job that can not be measured. We met so many great people and were treated so nice it is a tremondous community. From TJ, Mark Scheer, the entire Texas Clan LOL, Chris Kinsey, Rebecca Ort and all the Europeans, the North Carolina Clan, Jeff and the Inland Group, Stanley and his wife, Jeff Judy and James, Chase, Sean, all the Riders and the Reps, and im sure i left out a bunch more but everybody was extremely friendly and gracious.

To think that when i signed chris up to ride here he had just took 3rd at Wake 9 event, these last 8 weeks he has progressed about 10,000 per cent its been a truly amazing ride, and i have to give big props to the FlyBoy Wakesurf board that has allowed Chris to progress beyond our wildest imaginantion

Christopher's runs captured the heart of the crowd and he seemed to be a favorite but it just didnt translate to the judges ...... but this rough video captures the excitement he created

all in all it was a GREAT TIME and a GREAT EXPERIENCE and Texas here we come LOL!!

Thank You to Everyone!!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
I was able to see the 360, great job. Way to get stoked.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Yeah Chris!
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2010, 11:19 AM Reply   
I got a couple pictures of him here. He killed it, one of the first riders in the surf division to ride really well!
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       07-28-2010, 12:44 PM Reply   
I was at the event as a spectator...

It seemed like a great turn-out. I wasn't able to make if for Saturday finals but it was really great to meet some of the pro riders. It seemed to take forever to get through all the riders, is there a way to speed this up? I love watching wakesurfing but I must admit that I got really bored of the whole thing by mid afternoon Friday.

We just got done with a wakesurfing camp the weekend before the camp. Tommy Czeschin coached the camp for us and he seemed to never miss a trick... his run during qualifications was not what we witnessed all week long prior to the event. Bummer!
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       07-28-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wofrankwo View Post
it was trully amazing!! we missed the finals but i am very happy for James!! Todd and his crew did an awesome job that can not be measured. We met so many great people and were treated so nice it is a tremondous community. From TJ, Mark Scheer, the entire Texas Clan LOL, Chris Kinsey, Rebecca Ort and all the Europeans, the North Carolina Clan, Jeff and the Inland Group, Stanley and his wife, Jeff Judy and James, Chase, Sean, all the Riders and the Reps, and im sure i left out a bunch more but everybody was extremely friendly and gracious.

To think that when i signed chris up to ride here he had just took 3rd at Wake 9 event, these last 8 weeks he has progressed about 10,000 per cent its been a truly amazing ride, and i have to give big props to the FlyBoy Wakesurf board that has allowed Chris to progress beyond our wildest imaginantion

Christopher's runs captured the heart of the crowd and he seemed to be a favorite but it just didnt translate to the judges ...... but this rough video captures the excitement he created

all in all it was a GREAT TIME and a GREAT EXPERIENCE and Texas here we come LOL!!

Thank You to Everyone!!
Frank,

Chris is a champion. He is a podium contender fa sho! Loved watching him ride and grow. Look forward to calling his moves at future events.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-28-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
we are going to austin in sept so chris can surf at the barrelfest ...... hopefully you will be there stanley so we can say hey again and man you were awesome on that microphone sir!!!

we have family in austin so it works out great as we will always have a place to stay ...... but Mr. Kinsey is hopefully going to put us up at his place and surf a couple days before the event or so he says LOL!!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-19-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
So it appears that for the most part the same people who participated this year's event (and last) are the same people who have already been going to them when they were located elsewhere. In other words moving the comps to the interior has had absolutely zero impact in bringing new blood to the sport. Hopefully the powers that be will realize this and that a very HUGE demographic of potential wakesurfers already exist on both coasts.

Not all surfers fit the stereotypical "surfbum" and I'd be willing to bet there's more than a few willing to forgo the crowds for a similar experience and put $50,000 on a new boat.

edit: IMO the only logical places to have the World's is either in Florida which has the world's 2nd largest surfing population (but waves that are usually no stronger than a wake) or Texas which seems to be the sport's current hotspot. (with California being a distant 3rd for an ideal location)

Last edited by caskimmer; 08-19-2010 at 8:35 AM.
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       08-19-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Every thing is bigger and better in TEXAS
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-19-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
especially after i get there ........
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-19-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
You got that right big boy!