Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
Just a question to DD folks. Whenever I pull a rider, right when the rider drops and I stop to pick em up, I notice that my auto bilge will turn on and run for about 10 seconds. It does not seem to happen from just sitting in the water though, only just after a period of running. BTW I have a 2003 launch ss Direct drive. I replaced the front factory ballast sac, and had the packing nut repacked so I am at a loss to understand where the water comes in after running with a rider or just planing. I did not notice this occurance on my Bro in law v-drive so I am just wondering if this is something common to D Drive? Like I said the bilge only runs about 10 seconds or so after each pull. Anybody got an idea?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
My 99 Supra launch was like that. I think when you are on plane the water runs to the back of the boat. When you come of plane the water moves to the center of the boat and gathers at the pump wich should be the lowest spot. My bilge pump was in front of the motor.
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-30-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
yeah, mine is in front of motor too. did your auto bilge run after every run on a plane?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-30-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
No not every time but close too. My packing dripped a little more than it probably should have though.