Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-25-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
So I got a liquid tunes today for xmas and the neoprene sleeve it comes with is too small to fit around my arm, much less my wrist.

What gives? I see Shane wearing one on the box on his arm and it's not like he has little skinny arms.

Anyone else have this problem?

(Message edited by h2oterroristo on December 25, 2006)
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-25-2006, 1:19 PM Reply   
rig it up to the back of your vest. It will be a little more out of the way.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-25-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
yer i see people wearing it around ther vest.
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-25-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
i got one too, why the hell is the armband so small, I must be jacked cuz it seems to fit shane just fine lol. Mine needs to be pluged in really tight one i connect it to the comp. and any movement makes it lose connection, is this normal?
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-25-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
One of my good friends had a liquid tunes and it fit me just fine he said they came in two sizes of arm bands, a s/m and a l/xl, but I'm not sure thats just what he told me.

All I know is I loved it but we went through four of them. Each one just stopped workin so my friend finally got fed up and just got his money back. I hope they fixed this problem by now. So good luck with your liquid tunes.
Old     (h2oterroristo)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-25-2006, 5:18 PM Reply   
Manny, is it loose at the USB end, or the headphone jack? Either way, that doesn't sound good. Mine has tight connections.

Mark, yeah I was thinking something like that, but it's not marked anywhere on the package.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       12-26-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
There is a larger armband and a different earbud that has a wrap for the ear. I ordered these extra when I ordered some for Christmas not knowing the unit came with some.All the new LF comp vests have a pocket to hold the Tunes for 07.Also, does anyone know if there is a plug in that would work for the stereo on a car or boat or are they for just personal use?I'm showing my age here since I'm not into the new high tech music downloads. Whoever you got your tunes from can order you the larger armband.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-26-2006, 7:27 AM Reply   
Karen, I'm sure you can use an Ipod FM modulator with it. It plugs into the headphone jack and sends it to an FM station. Or you can plug it into the Aux connection on your boat. That is how I have my Ipod hooked up.
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       12-26-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Thanks Byrd I will check that out.
Old     (lfwakeboard07)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-27-2006, 4:00 PM Reply   
I cant wait to use the liquid tunes in the vest pocket. I didnt mind having the armband but in a pocket will be sweet.
Old     (lf_designer)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-28-2006, 10:30 AM Reply   
Guys, the neoprene sleeve that ships with the newer Liquid Tunes units is to be used on the shoulder strap of your vest. This will keep the unit in place on hard crashes, we found that arm band units slipped on hard falls.

thanks,

Ray
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-28-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Thanks for that bit of info, although you probably busted up some egos on the fellas who thought they had guns like Arnold!

Karen, don't waste your money on an FM modulator. I bought a supposedly high quality one for my wife for Christmas and it sounds crappy. Static in the background, reduced volume and sound quality sucked.
Old    orgborn            12-28-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
Has anyone experimented with making their own waterproof headphones the ones that came witht the liquid tunes look to be regular headphones with a plastic covering and some sort of glue. I got one of those mp3 players as well and its sucks to have it just sitting there becuase of the way too f-ing cold temperatures of 44 degrees here in oregon.

Are you supposed to trim the original headphones that came with the player any other tips about the players would be appreciated.
Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-29-2006, 7:55 PM Reply   
Hey Ray -

I swim laps (and laps and laps) with mine, so does the wife, her workout partner and even my father in law who I got one for christmas.

None of these folks wear a vest. I had to trade arm holders with my wife's friend, she was too small to hold the current band in place - the velcro was much smaller than my old one.

I love the new headphone options - my originals were, well pretty original.

I'm not sure I buy into wearing these things behind a boat (I don't want it to become my inner ear) but for distance water training they are the beans!

SD2