Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-25-2013, 9:11 PM Reply   
I know there are a few of these threads out there already but I love them and I think the majority of you guys do to! So here are some the the build pics of my G23.http://imgur.com/a/kwW2x
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-25-2013, 9:23 PM Reply   
What engine did you get? What options? How much did you pay?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-26-2013, 5:00 AM Reply   
Looks good. I am assuming you miss spoke and mean your parents G23.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-26-2013, 5:39 AM Reply   
No shoes allowed in the boat
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       03-26-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
No shoes allowed in the boat
I would've taken my shoes off. Did you get the upgraded propshaft?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-26-2013, 7:39 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-26-2013, 7:49 AM Reply   
RZGStarMXZB52 snapping prop shaft conspiracy as per my buddies on the "inside" at boattest.com
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2013, 8:12 AM Reply   
Oh the irony; capped off by the phrase "my G23."

Is summer here yet?
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-26-2013, 8:22 AM Reply   
Great pictures, I really like the interior colors. There’s been a lot of negative talk about carpeting lately. It’s interesting to get a reminder that even the G23 has quite a bit of carpeting in all of the storage areas.

I'm curious to see how those NSS plates hold up with corrosion over time, especially near salt water environments. Since they are sliding plates, and don't look to have much extra clearance, I would imagine there could be issues with actuators over time if things start to bind up. In the NSS demo videos you can already see some rub marks on the plates where they are sliding with a relatively tight tolerance. That's a lot of corrosion and tolerance sensitive surface area when compared to other underwater control surfaces that hinge rather than slide.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       03-26-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
I'm curious to see how those NSS plates hold up with corrosion over time, especially near salt water environments. Since they are sliding plates, and don't look to have much extra clearance, I would imagine there could be issues with actuators over time if things start to bind up. In the NSS demo videos you can already see some rub marks on the plates where they are sliding with a relatively tight tolerance. That's a lot of corrosion and tolerance sensitive surface area when compared to other underwater control surfaces that hinge rather than slide.
It seems like it would be a good idea to engage and disengage the NSS at least once per outing. Does anyone know if they do this automatically? I'd think it would be a good idea to have a setting to move them out and then back in after each time you start the boat in order to maybe keep them from locking up.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-26-2013, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holidayking View Post
What engine did you get? What options? How much did you pay?
We got the 450 engine. We also got every option except the sliding air dam (the more expensive one) and underwater lights. My parents payed (you happy other people) $119k.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-26-2013, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Great pictures, I really like the interior colors. There’s been a lot of negative talk about carpeting lately. It’s interesting to get a reminder that even the G23 has quite a bit of carpeting in all of the storage areas.

What carpet? I didn't see any in the pics and mine doesn't have any.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-26-2013, 5:37 PM Reply   
The good old nautique monkey fuzz lining...

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/carpett...onkeyfuzz.aspx
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-26-2013, 5:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
The good old nautique monkey fuzz lining...

http://www.nautiqueparts.com/carpett...onkeyfuzz.aspx
I'm old and slow 'cause I still don't know where people are seeing this in the G23! Okay, maybe I do....flip up seats on the side perhaps?

Last edited by wakekat15; 03-26-2013 at 5:57 PM. Reason: update
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-26-2013, 5:57 PM Reply   
8th picture dowm
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-26-2013, 7:47 PM Reply   
Did you get the tripple Axel trailer? Camera?
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-26-2013, 8:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Did you get the tripple Axel trailer? Camera?
We are still getting quotes for the different kinds of trailers. And I forgot about that yah we didn't get the camera because the quality was pretty bad.
Old     (Holidayking)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-26-2013, 8:11 PM Reply   
cool. Does your 119 include a trailer?
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       03-27-2013, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakekat15 View Post
What carpet? I didn't see any in the pics and mine doesn't have any.
In every picture that show a storage area or an exposed panel you can see the fake teak on the floors and gray carpeting lining all of the walls.

Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-27-2013, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
cool. Does your 119 include a trailer?
No it does not.