Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I was out on our new (dont rip) sea doos this morning to get gas and saw this huge 40 or somethin foot yacht crusin pretty slow and turning and stuff. So i headed over to find 2 guys surfing behind it, I was having a blast launching off the waves and the guys were super cool with it too they just wanted me to watch out for the riders. Anyways I was wondering if it was any of you on the boat or surfing they looked like pros and the boats name was somethin like "My liz too". The rollers were massiveee I didnt have my helmet on so I wasnt going very big but I will got a solid 6 feet outta the water. Ive never seen anyone do it in person and it looks like so much fun, just wondering if any of you know who it was
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-25-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Launching off waves behind any boat pulling surfers or boarders is NOT COOL.

If you wanted to do it right, check with the owner/driver when they were stopped and do it with your helmet.

One or the other, in this case you were a predator.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-25-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I can't stand irresponsible Sea dooer's but so long as they stay far back and cut their jumps away from the boat/rider I'm ok with em. It's the ones inside 150' cutting up my wake and jumping towards the bpat/rider. Most seem to fall into the latter of the two categories.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-25-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
I hate when PWC's do that. If you get close enough for me to throw a soft drink at you, I will.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-25-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
we have a bullhorn on the boat to yell at those "homo-chariots" when they get too close.
Old     (jetskiprosx)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-25-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
He said the riders were cool with it and they just wanted him to be careful of them (which I am sure he did). Not sure why you guys are getting so upset since he seems to be one of the few jet skiers out there who is doing it right.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       07-25-2009, 7:14 PM Reply   
We were on Lake Washington today and seen that yacht with the Surfers. That was the first time I have takin the boat on Lake Washington and probably the last. The water was rough all day and the parking lot at the launch in Renton was a joke, the spaces were so tight I had to unhook the trailer from the truck or I would have never gotten out of the parking spot. I will stay at Lake Tapps.
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-25-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
Lake WA works for boarding early in the morning (or during the week.) We were out this morning and the water was really nice... went out this afternoon and even surfing was a little rough with all the big chop. If you are going to come this direction and you want to board then head to Sammamish.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-25-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
Yeah say what u want guys Im a respectable rider because I board too, I was watching them half the time and jumping the other half.

And yeah I had to take the epic up to north lake and mannn was it ruffff! its always ruff on the weekends.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-26-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Twitch, that is a couple of the Ronix guys probably. They have been out surfing on Washington quite a bit behind that 59' Meridian. They actuall surf with one person on each side and some of them can actually get going fast enough to go from one side to the other without stopping.
Old     (cweed)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-27-2009, 3:16 PM Reply   
They just posted on Twitter about it with a sick picture of the wave... http://twitter.com/Ronix Here's the link just to the picture: http://twitpic.com/buq4w
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-27-2009, 3:20 PM Reply   
Holy crap! ^^^
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
Holy crap that's a big wave behind that yacht!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2009, 3:47 PM Reply   
This is the kind of boat they have been surfing behind.

Upload
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2009, 3:51 PM Reply   
Nice, what a wave.

The guys from Ronix doing it behind a yacht..... years ago they were Hyperlite & Dave Steele was boardin behind a monster fishing boat on the Sound. Wonder how many of the same marketing guys were with Hyperlite & are now with Ronix (considering the ownership). Is Cook still the man dreamin this stuff up??
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
I don't know if this was as much about marketing as just having fun. Maybe though? Ryan that is in the picture is actually my old roommate. They have been having a blast behind that boat.

My other old roommate Bret V has a video of him surfing behind the owner of Red Robin's 70 or 80 foot yacht up in the San Juans as well.

I need to get out behind my dad's 42 Ocean Alexander and give this a shot.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-27-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
$$$$$ wow.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-01-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
YEAHHHHH got some doe there man. It was so sick and yeah ur right they were on both sides. I was hopin they got some pics of me! haha speaking of jumping Im in chelan and launched off the epics surf rollers and decided I didnt wanna land it without my helmet cause I f'n launcheeddd! so I tried to bail out and it was too late and now my foot is all bent outta shape so i cant wakeboard and can barely surf. It sucks... But yeah Itd be cool to get a hold of those guys and see when there goin out again cuz they were making some huge waves, mayb 5 or 6 foot rollers.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-01-2009, 10:47 PM Reply   
haha turning around must take a while, but then again these guys are prolly pro so they prolly don't fall as much as i do lol
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2009, 5:46 PM Reply   
Nah dude they had a jet ski behind them picking up the down surfers