Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    uponone03            08-10-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
Alright fellow shredder's I need some help with a new board. Im 5'8 170lbs and I currently ride on a 2009 142 slingshot recoil. I like the board but I feel like maybe I got to big of a board. I definitely want another slingshot board. I want speed and pop in the next board those are my main two things. Some feedback on a new board would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-10-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
response (continuous rocker) will be faster, but will tend not to be as abrupt on the pop as the recoil.
the reflex is a middle ground between the two boards. moderate in speed and moderate in abrupt pop

i personally don't think 142 is too big, but 137 )or whatever the next size down is in each model type) would work too if you want smaller
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-13-2010, 1:04 AM Reply   
I think you are in the right size board. You could go down in size if you like, but most people riding the Flex boards that I have talked t o size up vs down due to the flex construction and feel..

I have a 2010 Reflex 141 that is pretty much mint that I am departing with due to a 2011 otw.
The Reflex is really the best of both worlds for me. I liked the kick of the Recoil, but it was slow for me. The response was more my speed but really lacked the kick and I was taking everything out into the flats which I prefer a more wake to wake style. Reflex solved that for me.
Old    mojo            09-13-2010, 1:57 AM Reply   
i'm 5'7 and chubby at 170 and i've been on the 142 response and the 137. the 42 felt great but was just a little too big for me to control in the air. i'd drop it down to the 137 and get in shape.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-13-2010, 7:06 AM Reply   
Man i can't see how you think that. I'm roughly the same build, riding a 142 severance, which is basically the same board, and LOVING it! Are you riding with the binding all the way out? Much more control that way.
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-13-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
Ive never ridden slingshot so i dont know how the are but I'm roughly the same size. I like the watson or watson classic 138 its got a 3 stage rocker so its really poppy, its pretty fast, and has great response with the built in fins. that is if you wantrd to try out an LF board
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-13-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
I am a few pounds south of you and was on the 142 Recoil so you should be good for size. I switched to the 141 Reflex and like how much faster the board is and have the same experience as Swatguy. I would check his out if he is offering it for sale.