Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old    akman            04-20-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
Anyone know of a company or a good way to cover speakers when towing and when leaving the boat outside??

When I tow, I get a ton of bugs on the tower and I'm looking to get a cover or have a shop make covers for them. I want to cover the whole speaker not just the side that is facing my truck and getting hit with bugs.

FYI: I have Boss 530's and B60's

Thanks in advance
Old     (houseofpayne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
That's funny, earlier tonight, Stef and I were just talking about this.
Not too fun wiping caked on nats and mosquitoes off of the speakers..then vacuuming them out of the bow!
Let us know what you find out...we are about to go ghetto style with glad trash bags around them when towing...

J
Old    cws_kahuna            04-20-2003, 8:11 PM Reply   
Gramps,
My speakers from Fluid Concepts came with a pretty cool cover. It is made of wetsuit material and fits over the speaker really tight like a sock. Covers the whole thing front to back. Maybe you could contact them to find out where they get them made.
Old    akman            04-20-2003, 8:12 PM Reply   
Jason, I agree it's no fun at all. I was going to go ghetto and put shower caps on them!

If you come up with anything shoot me an email, and I will do the same.
Old    gotpwr            04-20-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
That's exactly why I tow with my tower down. It looks stupid but it beats cleaning bugs off the tower. I just bungee cord a towel around one side of the tower where it touches the deck.
Old     (peeejay)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-20-2003, 9:57 PM Reply   
boss sells these 24.95 a pop add 17 for 530s
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-20-2003, 11:09 PM Reply   
Light covers for 4x4s may work.

http://www.jeeppartsstore.com/jeep_kc_light_covers.html

http://www.daylighter.com/matrix_covers.html

and jcwhitney
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-20-2003, 11:31 PM Reply   
gramps,
i went ghetto and put a small shower cap on each one. they really are ziploc plate covers with elastic, and come in 3 or 4 sizes. i dont tow my boat, i store it at the place, so i only cover it to protect it from dust. they are very cheap, and you can just dispose them once they are dirty.
Old    dropzero            04-21-2003, 12:32 PM Reply   
Aki, try using old beanies.
Old    sickboy            04-22-2003, 10:48 AM Reply   
What about camping stuff bags? I've been trying to find a set in black that will fit my speakers, but so far all of the camping stores I've gone to don't have the right size, or the colors are way off.

mb
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-22-2003, 10:54 AM Reply   
i will post a picture as soon as i can, but i made something for my tower to lay down on while traveling and storing. my friend who has an X10 did it and i just copied him. pretty simple. took a 2x4 and covered it with carpet. then added another block of wood with a half circle cut out of it for the tower to sit in. it took me about 30 minutes last night to make it.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-22-2003, 9:14 PM Reply   
Use a shower cap. Free with any stay at a cheap hotel, or available at wallgreens for super cheap. Elastic holds them on the speaker nice and snug. May look dorky, but sure is better then spending a fortune to get them spattered with bug guts.