Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Hello everyone,
Have any of you owners of the MC 205V hull ever looked into an integrated bow sack (under seats)? There is not much space, and I'm curious if it works and how much weight the sack added? I know how and where to order the bow sacks, but just wanted to hear some first hand experience. I'm trying to avoid lead, etc . . .
Thanks for any words.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I have it, use it, and like it. However, MAYBE 50% bag capacity under the seats. I fill the bag as much as possible, have 120lbs of lead (60lbs directly in the nose, remaining in passegner storage area and forward driver's kick panel), and +50lbs bow filler sub box in the walkway.

Check the link in my profile and you'll see the bag installed.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Hey Paul, sweet setup . . . and a nice looking boat Man! On your bow sack, do you have two drains (one on each side)? If so, do the drainlines come together, to a single line, before draining out the boat? Where did you order the bow sack from? Thanks for the help.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
Bag has 4 ports. I have 2 for fill/drain (reversible pumps) and remaining 2 as vent. Fill/drain 'T' to one line. Vents 'T' to one line. Look in the 'Ballast System' section of that link in my profile and click on 'Here' to go to the install thread. It's all spelled out there. The bow sac plumbing info is all on page 1.

Bags...got them all (except center) from www.buywake.com

Feel free to hit me up with any questions (PM if you want). I'll try to help as much as I can.

Thanks for the compliment on the boat. It's been a great move (from '02 X10) for us and we really enjoy it.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on October 31, 2006)
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Thanks again Paul . . . your boat projects have inspired me to embark on my own MC upgrades this winter. Wow, I'm surprised the standard Fly High bow sac fits in the 205V bow?! Very cool. I'm looking into the heater install, as well.

Have a good one.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       10-31-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
"Fits" yes, but I've seen some chicks "fit" into jeans they shouldn't!
It'll go, but you won't get anywhere near full capacity.

Heater...once you have one, you won't want to be without.

Good luck!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-31-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
Paul
So what are the dimensions of your custom ski locker sac?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-01-2006, 4:58 AM Reply   
Mark,
I don't remember the size I ordered. I might have the info at home. What I do know is that I measured the locker and went 1"-2" smaller width/height and 4"-6" smaller length for expansion when filled. However, it came in oversized. The locker is basically full of water before the sack is full.

If I remember correctly it was 11" x 76", but I'm not sure. I'd suggest you measure.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on November 01, 2006)
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-01-2006, 6:36 AM Reply   
paul, so you didn't order the regular bow sac, you placed a custom order?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-01-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Erik,
Mark's question was about my (ski) locker sac, not my bow sac. Bow sac is standard order Pro X Series Integrated Bow sac. Locker sac is special order from www.gethighsports.net .

Hope that clears things up.
P
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-01-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
The guys from fly high chimed on another thread and stated they had fixed my only complaint with the bow sack that it didn't have a drain on both legs, it now has 5 fittings from what they said, 2 vent and drain per leg & one fill in the center.

As Paul stated, the bow sack fills to maybe only 50% capacity and I use pop bags for the rest, what it does do however is allow me to drain weight off if there are people in the bow which if it was all pop bags or other hard weight the nose would be overloaded and sitting real low with people up there.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       11-01-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Gordon,
Good point on the hard/water ballast combo benefits.

Yeah...my bow sac had 4 fitting locations. 2 vent/drain on 1 leg, 1 vent/drain on other leg leg, and one in the center.