Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    tombugg            08-30-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
Just curious who's going to Surf Expo in Orlando? Maybe we can all get together at the industry party. They are usually a wild time. If I can still get in that is...

Tom Bugg
THE AWA
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-30-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
We are going. Tom & Derek Conway with Newt Juice Nick. This is our 1st time and we don't know waht to expect.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-30-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
1st time for us too...we are looking forward to it!
Old     (ladyboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-30-2004, 7:01 PM Reply   
I'll be there roaming the show for Ten-80. Come by the booth and see if I'm there, if not, it means I'm off bugging some shop owners about carrying Ten-80. Hear that shop owners! You better come by and see me!
Ok, sorry for the mass sponsor plug, but they were cool enough to get me in the show.
Unfortunately I'll probably only be able to be there Saturday, since I have to drive there, 10hrs.
Later
Tiffany
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-30-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
I'll be there as well. Hope to meet some of you WW folk.
Old    xtremebordgurl            08-30-2004, 10:22 PM Reply   
I'll be there, its my first time too, I can't wait to go and check it all out.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-30-2004, 11:59 PM Reply   
Should we set up some dinner or drinks so everybody can meet. Or maybe we can meet at OWC. Any other ideas?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2004, 5:13 AM Reply   
I think there should be some kind of "1st Timer Orientation", or something! Sounds like there are quite a few who have never been there before...
We are coming in on Thursday afternoon (would have come earlier if we had known that there was more "stuff" than just the show!) and leaving Monday morning at 11:00.
Would love to meet up with anyone who wants to!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-31-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
We will be rolling in Tuesday night to start work on our booth first thing Wednesday morning. You guys will have fun it is a killer show.

skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-31-2004, 9:14 AM Reply   
Yep. Mako, booth #2837, stop by and holla!

FYI, there's a Hyperlite demo day(s) at OWC 9/15-9/16. You can ride behind the cable or boat, but have to book your spot. I'll be at o-dub 9/16 in the PM. Schedule of events here http://www.surfexpo.com/surf/schedule_events.asp?menu=1
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-31-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Ill be there, cruising around.
Old    tombugg            09-01-2004, 9:19 AM Reply   
This will be our third time, you will all have a blast... ripr... I would love to but those guys at Mako are a bunch of fruit cakes.. Every time I get around the owner (can't remember his name) he is always staring at me with a weird look in his eyes I think he tried to cop a feel once.. I would keep an eye on him.

Dave,
An OWC thing would be cool, or maybe drinks and a meal (that is if your paying..)

(Message edited by tombugg on September 01, 2004)
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-01-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Bugg- HA!! Funny, he said the same thing about you AWA boys.
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-01-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hey Tom you should stop by our booth 2756, bring your friends in your profile pict too

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Chrome Dome Industries

(Message edited by sunsport on September 01, 2004)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       09-01-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
I was assuming that the AWA would be picking up the tab! :-)
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-01-2004, 10:50 AM Reply   
If O-dub and the Convention Center are still standing after a Cat. 4 hurricane is done leveling our state - again.
Sorry.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-01-2004, 11:27 AM Reply   
david, some are guessing cat 5 before it hits land.
Old    tombugg            09-02-2004, 10:11 AM Reply   
Dave, we'll figure it out.. We should all get to gether though..

Ripr,
Brian is actually the biggest P.I.M.P. I know. (well aside from me that is.. Are you staying in the Mako house with us?? If the hurricane doesn't rip that place down, We will!! In fact we should have the industry party there,.. Yeah! That's it, I am going to promote a party for say a few hundred close friends at the Mako house (don't tell Brian) Who wants to tear down the Mako pad!!!! The first day Brian and I met (three or four years ago) I trashed his rental car. Perhaps I can close the relationship by trashing his rental house..
Old    tombugg            09-02-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Lyle,
I will roll over to your booth with some ladies. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-02-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
You know it Tom...the wifey and I are stayin' there...check your liver at the door!

Old     (seahorse)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-02-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
YEAY! I love September! :-) I'll be there Wed-Tues...CAN'T WAIT. It's been a llooonnngggg summer. Even tho Expo is some work, it's SO much freaking fun!!
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-02-2004, 3:15 PM Reply   
I'll be there! I'd hang out with you Tom but I still can't get the fish hook from that tazer out of my temple.
Old    mako            09-02-2004, 4:32 PM Reply   
TB,

This year- 4 feet of air with a 15-passenger transport van. If you do it three times you get to claim it as your trick :-) Its gotta be safer than riding a luggage cart down three flights of hotel stairs after a bottle of Goose!

I got supplemental insurance on the house so we are clear to burn it down. By the way, I found a guy who can hook you up with some pre-paid legal for the night of the industry fight, I mean party (my bad).

This year Ripr will be handling the in house stand up, Scotty will be the human smoke machine / white rapper, Timmy will be working the front door, and our friends from up north will be handling, well you know :-)

Bri

Old    yea_yea            09-05-2004, 9:03 PM Reply   
OK so I know that this is a long shot. But here goes so I'm from minnesota and me and a buddy are goin to be in florida the week of the expo on vacation. Is it at all possible that someone could get us in? Like I said I know that it's a long shot but it will probably be the only time I would ever get a chance to go. We have both been ridin for years and are really into the sport but happen to have jobs outside of the industry. It sounds like it's the place to see all things wake related. And I would be exstatic if I got a chance to go.
Old     (22parksm)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-05-2004, 10:19 PM Reply   
How is it with the hurricanes in Florida? I'm going to the surf expo but I hope the weather will be better.
Old    tombugg            09-06-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
Dan,
I am really sorry about the tazers, but that is how I roll. (everything in extreme)Which is why we nee to surpass last years closing the club down, and burn something down. That is where the Mako house comes in… Are you coming to Fl??
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2004, 10:04 AM Reply   
Bugg- We'll be there. I've never heard of the Mako house, but I've met Ripr and know of a few other trouble makers that will be that way.
Old    corey_marotta            09-06-2004, 10:31 AM Reply   
Everyone is invited to stop by the Alliance booth #2451 and catch up with us.

See you there,

CM
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-06-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
I might be goin !!!!!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-06-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
If you don't have a booth, how do you get it? Do you have to have a business in the "industry" in order to attend?

Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-06-2004, 6:07 PM Reply   
I'll see all you people there!! I'll be in the CWB booth. Should be lots of fun, my first Expo, but I hear its similar to ASR. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old    mako            09-06-2004, 6:26 PM Reply   
Actually Tom is correct, he does take everything to the “extreme”. To give you an idea, here is a pic from his last AWA event in AZ (Tom I hope you don’t mind). At first I thought he looked ridiculous, but after a while his look grows on you. You have to give the guy props for having the courage to embrace his effeminate tendencies. He is certainly not ashamed to show off his pretty body.

Tom, Anyone can burn down a house. I say we take it up a notch and light some strippers on fire.

Dan, I have one word for you, “Be there”.

B

Bugg at AWA event
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-06-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
good luck, hopefully ivan won't ruin any plans
Old    makoscotty            09-09-2004, 1:49 PM Reply   
I'll be there if Orlando is still standing after Ivan rolls through. Anyone know if the airlines have been affected by the last two hurricanes. I'll be at the Mako house to see Tom Bugg and Brian lite strippers on fire!!
Old    tombugg            09-13-2004, 2:48 PM Reply   
You just had to make sure this got brought up to the top again didn't you Scotty?? Now you are on my list with Brian.... be ascared,.. be very ascared..
Old     (wakeboardqueen)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
i dont know if i can come put if i do i will be with pac sun but i got school exams
Old    mako            09-13-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
TB,

I love that pic. It makes you look so thin. I am trying to find the one of you in the blue mini skirt at ice skating camp last year. Is it cool with you if I post it? Oh, by the way, Chris is sending me with that black two piece she was wearing last time. She said you can keep it since you liked it so much. Timmy saw your pic. He wants to know if he can bunk with you???

T-48 hrs. Cant wait to see you bro. Are you sure you don’t want me to send that driver to pick you up at the airport?

B

PS: I know the payback is gonna be hell!!!
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-14-2004, 6:37 AM Reply   
Wouldn't miss it for the world! Hope to meet some of you there this weekend.

Steven
Old    xtremebordgurl            09-14-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
I can't wait to get there, I can only make it for Sat and Sun. tho, quick question for all you surf expo veterans, what time does it open and how early should I be there to register?
Old     (iewc_vp)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-14-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
I will be there!