Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-29-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
I have a 96 Sunsetter LX and would like to add one. Where can I buy one or do I have to have it made somewhere?

Also, I have a locker sac and was wondering how much weight I would need to add in the rear to make a difference. I'm old enough and my son is young enough that we don't need a HUGE wake, but I would like a little more wake than the wedge provides. It's amazing how much less height I get than I 'feel' I get when going w2w after seeing myself on video.

Thanks, Greg
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       07-29-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
I have a 97 Sunsetter LX and here's how I have both of your questions answered.

1. I put in the bow cushion myself. First I had some plastic tabs made at a plastics store (TAP Plastics) and mounted them so when the cushion is in place it will support the cushion. I used 4 tabs. Second, I cut a piece of 3/8 inch plywood to size for the cushion. Third I bought a piece of dense foam for the cushion that fit the plywood's size. Lastly I brought it to an upholstry place and had them cover it. It works great.

As far as weight goes, I run quite a bit of weight in my boat as follows:

1. 550 in the locker (Skylon Locker Sack)
2. 350 in the walkway (fly high tube sack). BTW: You can't use the cusion when this sac is in place.
3. two water bed tubes under the cusions up front (about 160 lbs total)
4. A 600 lb sac between the back seat and the engine box.
5. 100lbs of sand under the back seat in four tupperware containers.
6. wedge

It's a good wake.

However: given your situation, you do need to balance out the effects of the wedge. The wedge is pulling the back of the hull down, but to shape the wake up a bit, I would recommend at least putting 550 to 750 lbs in the locker.

If you have not replaced the prop, you may want to consider an ACME 525 three blade. It really cleaned up my wake alot.
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-30-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
John,

thanks for the info.

Any idea how much weight the sac in the ski locker holds full of water? Mine is also aftermarket and I have to use a pump to fill and empty, can I just leave it full and not hurt anything?

Do you have a pic of your Bow filler custion looking at the bottom? If so, could you post it?

I'm not into having weight laying around the boat, so how much should I put in the back locker or under the rear seat to balance the boat?

Thanks again, Greg