Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
Any body know the height of a 24ssv with the tower down. We are getting ready to make a move on a house with a really long garage bay on one side and I'm not sure what the height is with the tower folded on my boat. I've never had a garage that was even close to big enough for my boat so I've never put the tower down. I think the house has got an 8 foot door.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-30-2013, 6:59 AM Reply   
Depends on a few things, trailer, z-5 etc.... but the 8ft door should work. It will still be very close. I think my total height is 7 ft 8 in and the 8 ft door does not open to a full 8 ft if it is a normal garage door. As many will tell you if your real close you let some air out of the tires to make up for some height.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2013, 8:10 AM Reply   
Sounds good,
No Z-5, boatmate trailer, stock rims and tires. We are going to go back and I'm going to measure the door to make sure what it is.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-30-2013, 9:42 AM Reply   
Yeah it should be fine in a 8' door in terms of height. Make sure you check the width. If it is one of those single doors next to your double doors, those are usually not wide enough for a boat.....
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-30-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
My doors are 9', and my boat cleared with the Z5 on, but only by a couple inches. Without the Z5, I'm sure an 8' would work.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-30-2013, 1:15 PM Reply   
From looking at the pictures I have on the internet there's a door to enter the house in-between the two garage door which would be 7' tall I think. Then both garage doors are at least a foot taller then the door in-between them.