Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    gnil            02-10-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
I know Liquid force and Hyperlite well . They seem to be the best brands around.... but now I can get some good deals on DoubleUp but I don't know anything about this brand. Who can give me some info ????
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Where's Joe, he's a double up ho

they do make a really good board! they are just as good as HL and LF.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2004, 8:47 AM Reply   
Also check out the Wonderful Wakeworld board guide for reviews.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
DoubleUP ho? I'd like to think of myself as a loyal customer, thank you very much!

In all seriousness, there's no such thing as the "best brand around." What's "best" is what works for you. And right now, DoubleUP is what works for me. I've tried other boards out there, including Hyperlite and Liquid Force, and more recently, the O'Brien Demented. But nothing has even come close to my Nelson 141.

What you need to do is demo them. That's the only way you'll know if they'll work for you or not.

Check out the Nelson and the Antidote.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-10-2004, 10:39 AM Reply   
Oh sorry, next time I'll be more P.C.
So you rode the Demented, not all it's hyped up to be was it?
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-10-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
Amen to that Joe.

I am on the Nelson (actually the delta, but it is the same board) 141 now as well and have nothing but praises for it.

How are the wolfe bindings Joe. I ride the parks for reference and anything I have tried doesn't feel nearly as cushy nor supportive. I felt the wolfe's and the kranks at the recent boat show and they didn't feel no where near as soft.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-10-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
dang Joe you have already rode the new Shapiro board??let us now how it rode..how many sets did you take on it and what condtion??

the nelson is a 141 and also comes in a 138??not much difference in actual size..i may try one this spring since all this good feedback on it..
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-10-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
Joe its a secret, but I know a little squid that is back on a double up (nelson).
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-10-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
definetly demo the Nelson.

hey Paul, what board are you riding now?
Old     (airbesar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-10-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I'll chime in on DoubleUPs. I've been riding the Nelson 138 for a couple of years - the one with the nuclear fish graphic. Holds an edge great, nice pop. I should be trying some of the others but this one's not broken yet. I'm interested in the Pure Ride with fins and the new Nelson.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-10-2004, 10:45 PM Reply   
Bill, the Nelson also comes in a 135. The Antidote comes in two sizes: 136 and 140. I will be riding the 140 this year, and I'm pretty darn excited about it (I've been riding various DU shapes for the past 5 years or so, and you really can't go wrong with any of them). The luke wulf bindings are the most comfortable pair I have ever stepped into. You should know that they aren't designed to be the most supportive binding, but the rest of your body will tire out before your feet do. Disclaimer: I have a slight bias towards DU, but I can assure you that you won't be let down.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-11-2004, 9:02 AM Reply   
Dang, busted about 12 boards later I found my calling. All I can say is demo it. We all have different styles the Nelson just seems to work for me. Paul or Chad just hit me in the head if I try to try another board this season.
Old     (gherk)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-11-2004, 12:35 PM Reply   
I just ordered a Nelson, but am still using the substance. I may ride both this year, but I love the pop on the nelson.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2004, 1:52 PM Reply   
i ride for double up and have been on the delta 135 for over month now, and i love it. i have been riding behind the cable mostly and the boat a couple times. it slides really really nicely and has sick pop off the wake with really smooth landings. im riding the wulf's right now and they are super comfy and super suportive, havent hurt my ankle once except on a pete rose to one footer in the air gone bad. anyhow, you should deffinately check them out, they are sweet
later
kyle
Old    gnil            02-11-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info..... It seems that DoubleUp has some good boards too as you all are happy with yours. i will have to demo..
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-11-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
definately demo one dude, you wont be disapointed. most people that have ridden a double up stay on a double up and dont go back
Old     (ctrider)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-12-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
Have any of you that ride DoubleUp tried Blindside boards? As they are made by the same company do they have the same ride with just a different name or are they totally different?
Old    veganx            02-12-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Blindside has always pressed Double Up's boards, but they weren't always the same company. Until the new Nelson shape came out I always liked Blindside better. Now my two favorite boards are the Double Up Nelson and the Blindside Billy McKee.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2004, 4:47 PM Reply   
how does the new nelson well o3/04 141 compare to my HL premier 140 dna .Iknow i want to demo the 04 nelson,Demented and prodigy this spring but am wondering how comparable they are to my currecvt ride.ive ben riding the premiers for 3 years plus now and havent found a board yet that was better..

so how the newer nelson compare to the premier shapes as far as speed,pop,stability,control etc?? is it loose or sticky when off edge??easy to break loose to play around on the surface and wakelips??

again the POP?? :-)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-12-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
bill- I have an 02 Premier 135, and I was totally happy with it. This past summer, I rode an 03 Nelson 138 just for fun, and it ended up buying one. I didn't even need a new board. Now my Premier is collecting dust.
IMO the Nelson has more pop, it is looser when not on edge, it is more forgiving, and is muuuuuch faster than the Premier. The Nelson will be heavier than the Premier though, especially a dna core.

Since I've had my Nelson, two other people have ridden it and ended up buying one (forwaken and squid), with another one of their friends buying one as well (gherk).
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-12-2004, 6:25 PM Reply   
DoubleUp and Blindside are both owned by Triton Sports, and are pressed in the same factory. They aren't the same board designs, although some of BS's newer shapes are designed by Greg Nelson (the assassin and the blade), so you'll see some similar features.
Old     (ryan_e)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-12-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
Here's a link to the info I got when I asked about the Nelson.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/96286.html?1075426132