Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-22-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
... is the best thing to happen to wakeboarding since the V drive.
Old     (wakecourage)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-22-2008, 1:25 PM Reply   
it would be better if they made a size bigger then a 142!!
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-22-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
How slow is this board comparatively among other popular 3 stages such as the watson, shane, lyman, witness, etc..
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       12-22-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
How and what changed from 08 to 09?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-22-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
I heard from SS that the 09 was much improved too, but haven't been on one yet....
Old     (zachcopp)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-22-2008, 6:56 PM Reply   
This is a little off topic as well. But I was curious how the Slingshot D2's are. I love being able to poke out grabs and what not, which is why I rode the shanes. However, I blew out my ankle and need some more support. I here the D2's have great support, I was just curious if they make it really difficult to poke out grabs. I have tried them on and love the way they feel on my feet, I just dont have the chance to demo them. So basically just curiosity if they are super stiff, or still allow grabs to be poked...
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-22-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
http://www.slingshotsports.com/Jeff-House?sc=46&category=12435

check out Jeff House ridin the D2's, and notice the steeze. no worries poking it out here!!

As far as the recoil ABS sidewalls I believe, and stronger base, and great fins.

Board is not super fast like the response is, but if you want a fast blended 3 stage go with the Reflex, just ask Robby Jacques!!

Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-23-2008, 4:49 AM Reply   
The board is a little slower than the watson. releases off the wake better, lands better, and holds its edge better. I am curious about the reflex. I have one on order and can't wait to ride it.
Old     (eyekahn)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-23-2008, 5:31 AM Reply   
The d2's are a great binding. Way more support than the shanes but a little less than the watsons. The moldable liners are great. I rode jeff's bindings and they were too loose. I rode travis's and they were too tight but when I rode a pair that were not molded to someone else's feet. I loved them.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-23-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
Changes for '09 on recoil
* The corners are shaved/squared off ( i THINK this makes the board sit a little deeper, but don't quote me)
* HDLW (High Density Light Weight) PVC rails and tips - Extremely impact resistant and tunable (improved from the abs material of previous years. the abs would get small spider cracks that usually only those hitting rails hard would report. the newer material is supposed to be flexier then the abs but with all the same benefits as before is how i understand it)
* aditional inserts for wider stance options
* Dura Base for a more durable sliding material
*tapered/rounded rails vs the squared off ones of previous years. this should make the ride smoother and more responsive
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-23-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
the 09 "D3" boots have better lace hiding pockets in the back vs the buttons last year. the D3 boots are also supposed to be a bit flexier/softer than the D2 boots. and the laces are supposed to be easier/faste/smoother to pull and tighten then before.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-24-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Upload

the pink points out one of the big changes that i first noticed, the rails curve is mainly parallel all the way to the corners of ALL boards, but in previous models the rails curve came together toward the center line on the tips and tails... just look at the pic and you will see.

ohh and the fin holes are a bit bigger for the newer better fins i think

----------------------------------------------------
on second look at the pics i am not so sure about "additional inserts" for wider stances (i swear i read or heard this somewhere). It appears there is the same number of inserts on both boards. maybe the inserts were moved a bit. The TRADITIONAL insert packs DO look to be moved in closer to the 4-hole-mounting groups. maybe the traditional inserts are better for the 6 inch plates this (coming) year.

i am going to e-mail slingshot and make sure i get this straight ;)

(Message edited by wakerider111 on December 24, 2008)
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-24-2008, 12:27 PM Reply   
Got on a Recoil last summer and couldn't argree more.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-24-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I don't understand why you don't just try and get a job with SS? It seems that a lot of your time is spent making sure that you know anything and everything about them, why not take the plunge and do it up proper? I think you might be happy doing so. Then you could get paid for what you do anyways!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-24-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Jeremy, I'm curious about the traditional inserts as well. If I have to use 8 inch adapters with my non-SS 6 inch plate boots just to get the widest stance, like I do with my 07 board, that would suck
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-24-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Big Heavy,

You know, I would LOVE to have a job in the industry... I bet a good % of peeps on here would love to have one or in some other way have more involvement. I just don't think I have the wake skillz to get in deeper than maybe a watersports rep in a shop somewhere. In li'l ol' Page there are not really any (large) shops, and non that sell flex...yet! PLUS, i am not sure if a shop rep. salary would be good enough to support my growing family, again, especially in Page.

I could be selling myself short when i think i am just being "humble", i don't know... like the wakeboard-instructor job at lake Powell. When i first heard of it i was like, YEA! Right on, that's what i am gona do!" then i thought, "No, they probably want someone who can teach multiple inverts and backside spins and such" then i came to find out that the guys they did higher were barely scratching intermediate. Not dissing on them by any means, way kool guys! they were asking me how to do a back-roll. So the next chance i got i hopped on that job and had a blast. AND my co-workers they hired had never wakeboarded even once hahaha lol. but that gave us a couple of days of "TRAINING" where we wakeboarded most the day and got paid for it. OHHH YEA! too bad it is such a seasonal thing here and doesn't provide insurance or give extra savings $.

A Luxury retreat resort ("Amangiri") is under construction close to Powell i am hoping my love of Powell, watersports, and Chinese speaking skills will get me on out there, hopefully involving activities on the lake, but i am willing to do just about anything that might have out there. That resort is one reason i moved back to Page, Lake Powell, Arizona. it wont be seasonal like Aramark, and when rooms are an avg. of $800 a night, I am sure salaries and insurance will be fine out there too.

But, maybe there might be some kind of second, side job i could do some day too ;).