Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2015, 4:33 PM Reply   
Always been a fan of the 1995-2006 SuperSportNautique SuperAirNautique boats.

The manual says these boats are 21' 2" but a lake that I want to visit has a 21' limit.

Do these boats actually measure 21'2" without platform?

Got any ideas on how to get it to measure less than or equal to 21' from front to back?

Thanks.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-18-2015, 4:52 PM Reply   
I can try and measure our old 95' SSN next time I'm near it... its in storage at the moment, so it might be a few days, if no one else gets the info sooner.

Does not counting the rub-rail shave the 2" you would need?
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       06-18-2015, 8:27 PM Reply   
All depends on what is printed on the registration.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-18-2015, 8:52 PM Reply   
I've always wondered how they measure boats at locations that have restrictions . Do they physically bust out a tape measure and measure your boat. Or do they require a peek at your registration where it lists the length. Dane what particular lake are you talking about. Maybe someone here has that particular boat on the lake you're talking about and could speak to that
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-18-2015, 11:33 PM Reply   
They tell me that they break a tape out and physically measure the boat from front to back. They do not go by registration or boat model.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       06-19-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
In my community the drop a plumb line from the nose and draw a chalk line on the ground. Then do the same from the transom. Then measure between the 2. Depending on how level your boat is sitting and if its in your garage you may be able to sneak a San 210 onto your lake. A buddy of mine did that in our community. He has the only san210 pre 2006 on our lake.
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       06-19-2015, 8:07 AM Reply   
Didn't someone on here chop a few inches off the nose to get under some restrictions?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
Didn't someone on here chop a few inches off the nose to get under some restrictions?
Yeah it was the Valdez family on Canyon Lake a few years ago. Canyon has a 21' rule and I think they were sponsored by MB at the time and they had a B23 and chopped the nose.