Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
Finally think I'm going to upgrade to a SANTE 210 from my old '95 Sport Nautique. Looking at a few right now ranging from '01 to '05. Does anyone out there prefer a certain year between '01 to '05? They seem pretty similar.
Old     (210san)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-17-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
03 is the best!
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-17-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
I forget who I copied this from (sorry to the original poster for not giving credit).

2001- Correct Craft at some point does away with true wrap around seating for the "stadium seating." It is also the first year of the 3 piece rear hatch.

In 2002 The deck was redesigned to make more room, the sloped transom of the 01 and previous SS now had a more squared off look it. The boat received a new interior vinyl pattern, which disappeared in 2003. This is also the last year that the PCM GT-40 was offered. 2002 also marked the first of the "Team" edition boats, this package included Kicker audio speakers, wedge tanks, and an optional center ballast. 2002 Also brought a new gelcoat pattern. The buyer could now choose: deck, hull, primary, secondary, and third stripe colors.

In 2003, the SAN saw another dash and interior, these two elements would stay with the boat for the rest of it's run. The Super Air Nautique was also renamed the "210" a name which was reverted mid season back to "Super Air 210" due to consumer outcry. 2003 is widely regarded as a favorite year due to the fact that it contains the best of the new model (04-05) boats + a colored deck (2003 was the final year of production for this.) the actuated trunk covers. 2003 was also the final year of the Python 502 motor in the Super Air and the first year that the PCM Excalibur 330 became standard. This year the CD player was also re-located to the glovebox.

2004- brought us the 3rd generation of the FCT, this was the first year since 2000 that one could no longer order a colored deck. The 2004 boats also saw a new latching system on the back hatches to replace the actuated doors. These are referred to as the "knee busters." 2004 also did away with the 3rd stripe. The SAN from this point on only had Hull, Primary, and Secondary color options.

2005- Correct Craft reverts to the second generation FCT tower. The team edition boats are now outfitted with Polk Momo, and for the first time boats come from the factory with exposed speaker grills. In either 2004 or 2005 (or somewhere in-between those years.) CC added more reinforcement to the bow to make the boat less likely to porpoise.

2006- Correct Craft once again names the 210 the "210 Air" The '06 brought many changes, the most drastic being the new PCM- V-drive transfer case. This new V-drive replaced the Walters unit. The PCM V-drive was smaller, but also changed the prop rotation to a clockwise(right hand rotation.) Along with those changes the problematic "Helm control" system was replaced all together, they used Jabsco ballast puppies (auto reversible pumps.) so there is one pump per tank. The new ballast system drains the water under the hull and as a result the ballast overflow/and drain ports on the hull were eliminated. 2006 also brought a new fourth generation flight control tower. Which seemed to be a modified version of the new SAN220 tower. due to the differences in beam width, the new FCT4 for the SAN has additional bracing. They also elongated the windshield...

All that being said I have spent a good amount of time in an 03 and my 06. The 03 is often said to be the best year of the SAN, but the difference between the two to me is negligible.

Good Luck.
Brandon
Old    K.B.C.            06-17-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
^^^that pretty much covers most of it. I spend tons of time in a 95 SS a 2001 SAN and a 2002 SAN.

01 = wider gunnels and smaller seating area (really negligable IMO), basically the same boat you have just with different gel options.

02 and up = more seating area, tiny gunnels.

The wide gunnels are nice for getting boards in and out and walking around the outside of the boat, etc. The 02 and up has a little more modern feel on the inside. you can't go wrong either way. The 01 will be almost identical to your SS so you may want to go 02 and up just so it feels like a different/newer boat. The 01 and your SS are pretty much identical. The 03 seems to be the most popular. It still had colored top decks as an option and the FCT2. You really can't go wrong with any. I haven't been in anything newer than an 03 so no comment there.

I also have an older SS and would like to upgrade one day, I'd probably be looking at 02/03s, with the main difference between those two being the motor.
Old    shooter_08            06-17-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
2003! Like the above post says:
First year for the PCM Excalibur engine
Most popular graphic with colored deck
Popular tower (many dont like FCT3 on the 04's)
First year with new dash (02 gauges always broke)
Actuated trunk latches
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2009, 5:27 PM Reply   
Brandon,

The post was written by Dragon88 on "the other site." I have copy and pasted a few times myself, it is as good as it gets as far as a quick rundown of the Super Sport hull.....

As far as the OP and what people prefer.... I prefer my '03.....

Upload
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-17-2009, 6:41 PM Reply   
Thank you EJ!
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-17-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
You guys might not have your years and features quite right, Mines an 02 team and I have the button(s) actuated trunk latches,also i have the excalibur 330 engine and my dash guages haven't broken, pushing close to 500 hours of pure wake bliss.

Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   

quote:

By Brandon (bp22) on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 6:41 pm:

Thank you EJ!

You're welcome....

Beautiful boat, nice colors!
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-17-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
You're welcome....

Beautiful boat, nice colors!

Thanks...you too!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2009, 7:11 PM Reply   
Nedge, the PCM powerplant(330) was an option in '02 and it came with the push button latches.....don't think that was questioned above....?

Fairly confident the info above is spot on. Dragon88 has his stuff in a pile on the 210.....as well as many other things.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-17-2009, 7:48 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of the information. I can't wait to get into one of these boats. I've wanted one for a long time. So I currently have a '95 Sport (direct drive) that I slam with around 2000 lbs of weight. Am I going to notice a significant difference in wake size/shape with a SAN?

Now I just have to decide whether I want to pull the trigger now or try and wait 'till the prices drop at the end of the season.
Old    shooter_08            06-17-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
Nedge,
02 does have the actuators, but 03 was the last year. I dont own a 02, but I have been in the market and you are the first person I have heard of that has working original 2002 gauges. I dont think it an expensive replacement. I like the 03's, but I would take an 02-05 any day.

I would consider 02 part of the "sweet spot" with the right options (Center tank & Excalibur engine)

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on June 17, 2009)

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on June 17, 2009)
Old     (ruste)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-17-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
I thought the prop rotation switched to LH or counter clockwise, am I nuts? I have a 98 SS/SAN and I swear its right hand or CW rotation. Other than that, it all looks right to me as well! best of luck with the new aqua whip!

-Jeff
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-17-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
I could be wrong, but a buddy of mine has an 01, and another friend has an 06...we've slammed them both side by side with the same weight, and it honestly, the 01 was more solid and bigger than the 06, and this was several times we've tried it. I asked my friend with the 06 about it, and he said "yea that 01 is going to have a bit bigger wake with same weight because it weighs more." I'm guessing sometime between 01 and 06 something was changed to make it a bit heavier? maybe the interior change as mentioned above?
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-19-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
Good chance to share a pic of mine. Upload

Its a 00. Notice the sloped rear and wide gunnels.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-19-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
Boat looks great Rob.....fine job on the clean up!
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-20-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
the boat in my profile picture is mine!

love 210s