Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2006, 6:18 PM Reply   
I have been looking at the post about the wake on a Centurion Cyclone. Another guy(PeterC4)posted a picture of his Elite V C4 wake....It is washed out on one side. My boat (06 Elite C4) is doing the same thing, How do I fix this. My boat has the manual wake plate, stock center balast and usually only one rider. I am not interested in putting sacks in at this time. Can that plate do anything for me? If so what way do I move it? I am new to this so help a newbie out. Thanks in advance.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-05-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
If you are going to move the plate, try to move it up first, this will raise the bow of the boat, and might help. i would only move it a little each time, because it will also change the plane of the boat.

I would just try to add weight, if you don't want to mess with the saks, just try anything to add weight on rear of the boat..

Lead, Sand bags Etc. a quick and cheap thing you could try is bags of play sand from Home Depot stacked in some of those large plastic tubs from Wal-Mart in case of a spill.
Old    walt            05-05-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
Todd,

If your washing out on one side you need to even out the weight in the boat. You can do this with lead or water filled bags. Even though you don't want to add weight you might have to add a little to compensate for a uneven load.

If it's washing out on both sides speed up a little and see if it cleans up.

Good luck,

Walt
Old    walt            05-05-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
If you add weight to the back it will make it worse.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-05-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
add weight to the side that is washing out.If both sides are washed out at the length you want to ride,add weight to the bow not the rear.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-05-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
and try speeding up like Walt said.
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
Will the wake plate help at all? If so, up or down with it? (remember it is manual so only one shot at it per day because I am not swimming under water to adjust it once it is in the water...haha).
Thanks yall
Old    walt            05-05-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Todd,

Try the other Centurion owners from the other thread. They might now what's up with the wake plate.

My guess would be to lower it a little at a time to push the bow down and firm up the wake.
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2006, 7:38 PM Reply   
^ That is what I was thinking(lowering it a bit)
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-05-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
For those of you haven't seen the pic, here it is. This is with no weight in the boat, empty ballast, no buddies in the boat, pretty much as light as it gets. With a few people in the boat and some ballast it changes quite a bit.
Upload
Old    butt_slider            05-05-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip029.asp

this should help
I hope.
Old     (usarmyttt)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Tomorrow I am going to fill the ballast, move the plate up a tad and have four riders...will see what happens then. Thanks yall.
Peter do you have the an 06 Air Warrior?
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-05-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
wakeplate all the way up
more weight on the passenger side than the drivers side
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2006, 4:11 AM Reply   
I have an 05 Avalanche with the hydraulic wake plate which changes the boat slightly. As krbaugh said, I'd put the wake plate as high as it will go. Add weight to the passenger side. I was surprised how much more weight it took to get it even. I have some lead blocks that I made to move around depending on how many people are in the boat. You can use anything. I saw someone with several 50 lb dumbbells in their boat last week.
Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-06-2006, 6:01 AM Reply   
like everyone said if its just you driving the boat you need some more weight on the passenger side to even it out...
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       05-06-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
I have a 98 Elite-V with a manual wakeplate. The hull may be slightly different than some of the newer models (C4). My experience is that having the wake plate straight out or slightly down firms up the wake; makes it cleaner farther out.

I also run 85 lbs on the passenger side across from the driver. That's not enough with only a driver in the boat. A lot of v-drives will lean to the driver side because of torque, not just weight.

I also tried adjusting one side of the plate down more than the other and that had no effect.
Old    r3612            05-06-2006, 7:04 PM Reply   
Own 04 Cyclone C4 def put the plate al the way up. That will be the starting point. Then tweak it down from there. The plate is easy to adjust in the water once it gets warm anyways, but like we said put it all the way up. Centurions are wierd as well in the fact that they like to be a litle overweighted on the driver side.

As to that pic above you def need more weight on passenger side

Also most Centurions like a little more weight in the rear. The Cyclone likes about 200lbs in the nose if you have about 4 people in the back and the three tanks filled. Mellows it out a little and also cleans it up and makes it a little less vert.
Even though you might not want to add sacs....it's an easy way to balance the boat. The problem with the one center tank is that it throws the balancing part of the Cyclone off because they like the weight in the rear.....try making everyone sit on the back bench. We tried using just the center tank for my wife who's just startng out...but ended up always dumping it cuz the wake would never clean up at the lower speeds.

what speeds are you riding at?