Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-28-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Hey I am moving to Boise and was curious about the wake boarding scene there. If you can give me some info on hot spots to ride, info on dealers and shops and info about the season, anything would help, thanks
Old     (maristar210)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-28-2003, 6:14 PM Reply   
in the movie hype they went to boise and they were on some nice water, dont know what they lake was called though.
Old    zudema            12-29-2003, 12:19 PM Reply   
It has to be Lucky Peak or Lake Lowell...
Old    hbomb            12-29-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
The season for boarding in Boise is from April to October. There are several places to board around the area, Lucky Peak, Lake Lowell and if you don't mind a little drive there are many more places to go.
Old    draino            12-29-2003, 8:44 PM Reply   
Boise is sick. I'm not just saying that becuase I live here either.Plus it is the world headquarters of Sidewayz
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-29-2003, 11:26 PM Reply   
Isn't there a private lake someplace in the area? And can you build on the lake? I seem to remember someone mentioning that when I was still living there (and I hope to be back some day).
Old    fahching            12-30-2003, 9:23 AM Reply   
I like Boise...I also like Wakeboarding in Boise.
Lucky Peak is the best Saturday after the 4th of July...
Just kidding, you're gonna love Boise. The people are really friendly and there are tons of places to ride around the area. Good luck..
Hey Drano...What's up. How you doing?
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-30-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
There is a MC dealer in Boise, CC in Caldwell (30 miles west) and Malibu also in Caldwell-

Some Places to ride all within 45 min. of Boise are:

Lucky Peak, Arrow Rock, Lake Lowell, Black Canyon

Locations within 2-2.5 hours of Boise:

Payette Lake, Cascade Res., Owyhee Res. (very large Res. 52 miles long), Multiple locations along the Snake River, Anderson Ranch Dam, CJ Strike Dam.

Some nice mountain lakes with camping are near Stanley and the Sun Valley area such as Redfish and Alturas Lake (no PWC on Alturas)

Also there are some private lakes: Dealer in Caldwell of CC has a lake--I dont any of the fees or anything--The dealership is Gilbert Lake Marine tel. # 208.459.2225

Hope this helps a little.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-01-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
Hey thanks a ton guys....looks like Lucky Peak will the water of choice most of the time. Any info on the busy'ness and quality of the ramps for it? Only one ramp?
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-01-2004, 9:55 PM Reply   
2 ramps with a launch fee ($3 i think) very busy on weekends but not bad during the week
Old    draino            01-02-2004, 1:02 PM Reply   
hey uh Fahching is it? my name is spelled Draino. you forgot the i. anyway what up. I too enjoy lucky peak the day after the fouth. glass for days. I alos love the way I smell after riding lake lowell.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-02-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
I kind of like the way my hands smell after swatting and killing greenheads all day while out on the bay.

http://www.green-head.com/Greenhead.html
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-03-2004, 7:48 PM Reply   
hey thanks again everybody....one more thing....at lucky peak, is there beaches or how are the shores. We like to hang out for some of the day, is this possible there or is it all rocky sides....?
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-03-2004, 8:04 PM Reply   
not exactly a beachy area but there are alot of docks throughout the area---some that you can even tie up to that have a picnic table close by (they are close depending on the water level and you better get there early!)
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2004, 9:23 AM Reply   
So i keep thinking of things after i read all your responces.......also, how clean is the water and what about debris in it? is a quick rub down of the boat enough when you get out or do you need totalwash everytime?
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-06-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
I do not think that a total wash down is needed. The water is fairly clean--I usually just do a wipe down with some "Ducky" to remove any hard water spots.

It is a reservoir from runoff so sometimes there is debris, but just guessing I think that Arrow Rock ( the Dam above ) cathes most of it.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-15-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
OK, so the people I'm moving there with just got back and showed me video of lucky peak. Im very excited and look forward to riding new water. Should be a very good summer living only 9 min and 30 sec away from the dock!!! (He timed the trip at tow speed) hahaha. Look forward to seeing new faces out there ripping it up.
Old    slapknuts            01-18-2004, 12:27 PM Reply   
easyrider and mr.x, I'll be seeing you in hell'z! are you following me?
Old    slapknuts            01-18-2004, 12:34 PM Reply   
easyrider and mr.x, I'll be seeing you in hell'z! are you following me?
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-18-2004, 5:20 PM Reply   
haha todd, whats up man. C ya at your game tonight