Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-22-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
I didn't realize you were that close Jim, I only have you beat by 13 minutes.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Woody,I thought you lived closer than that.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
Jim you crashing in B- town Sat. night
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-22-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
No,I have to go to work Sunday at 4 am.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
Well what do we have here, a week away and I'm feelin' great.UploadLooks like the 30th will be ...
80* as of now!!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-23-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
heres that pic of my wrist alex!
Upload

thanks for the time on the river this mornin' see ya at wakefest!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-23-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
any word of a slider for the event? wanted to know if i should plan on bringing an extra board?

thanks
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
True that charles...!
Especially if your driving to NC and then back to MA...
Winch and slider, Slider, or None at all?
If it's a slider for the open river, I'll ride my own board. If it's a winch I'd rather be out of the "rough" and slide all day
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
Johan, that looks like it might have been a little uncomfortable dude.

Anyone headin out during the week before wf?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-24-2007, 8:58 PM Reply   
OMG Johan!! I can't even look at the pic! Holy Cow!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 1:17 AM Reply   
TOLD YOU GUYS IT WAS PRETTY BAD,RECOMMEND NOT TO PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN ON A 360 JUST FALL ON YOUR ASS, IF ANYONE IS GOING OUT B4 WAKEFEST IM FREE WED. TILL WAKEFEST!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-25-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
Alex, thanks again for the pulls on Sat. It's a good thing we went out early to get some good sets in. Always the best time to ride~~

Johan, I did NOT need to see that...
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Three more days of work till travel!

Saab 93 or Dodge charger....What's more comfortable for a 16hr drive??
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-25-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Are you guys alive??
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-25-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Jeff, I got your back!

Wakefest is just 5 days away!!!!!!!!! It's sooo close I can smell it. In fact, I've been reading the 10 day forecast for the last few days and it keeps reporting that it will be "SUNNY AND NICE"!!!
Ike is all excited, and another OG from the early days of wakeboarding, a guy named Eric Monteleone, is going to be flying in as well. Eric, or "Kato" as he's known to his friends, is an amazing rider and a great all around person. I told him about WakeFest when we were snowboarding in Utah and he was all about coming out to share the love!
It really is going to be a great day! And did you all get the memo- you gotta be responsible for getting at least 10 peopole to come to WakeFest! And no, you can't claim the same person. 10 fresh faces!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-25-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
I think a big round of applause needs to go-out to JB for taking home second place hardware in the Masters
division in Wisco last week. Even though JB's probably thinking "Second shmecond... I wanted the gold!"
I still think this a crazy cool accomplishment that none of us will ever even come close to experiencing.
Well done JB.

Yep, wakefest is only days away and I'm still scrambling to tie-up some dangling loose ends. I went to
Island Surf & Sail on Sunday and the first thing owner Terry did was say "Come 'ere" and he brought me
around back to show me his new Grinch Winch. They've only had it about a week or so and they've been
having a blast with it at the beach. Then when I told him that I might pull the plug on the whole winch thing
because I may not have a slider, he said "No way. This thing is a ton of fun and we're bringing it anyway."
So I called called Mike Ballone from Lines End Wakeboard school and he IS bringing a slider and a waverunner.
So there you go Charles. There WILL be some winch/slider action in the side lagoon at
wakefest.

On the Friday before wakefest I'll be staying pretty close to 60 Sylvia doing important last minute things.
I'll be getting-up around 4:00am on Saturday to
insure that I'm at the event site by 6:00am to claim the
spot and to set-up. I'm not sure where the
stage should go this year. Maybe the mud and puddles will
dictate that. I'll be driving to the event site
alone in the morning with a packed rental van and Doreen will be
coming later-on in the Astro with Ronn, Dorothee,
Randall & Connor. We'll rock the wakefest 'til
around 5:00pm
or so, and then we'll pack-up and head-over to
The Bordentown Ramada for the Transgression preview and
post-wakefest celebration. Then on Sunday morning
I bring our out-of-town guests to the airport in the Astro while
Doreen takes Connor and the rental van full of stuff back to 60 Sylvia. Oh...and have I mentioned that
the t-shirts are in? Doreen, Karen, Kevin, Micah and I spent a good chunk of Saturday night counting, folding,
sorting and boxing them all. So not only is everyone responsible for bringing ten new faces to wakefest, but
those new faces have to buck-up and buy t-shirts too!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 6:05 AM Reply   
Congrats JB!! That is such an awesome accomplishment.

Alex, great news about Island Surf and Sail and Lines End Wakeboarding School. That is so great that they are helping out with the slider and winch. That was cool of everyone to help out with the shirts. I wish we could have made it, but we had a family party...people really should realize that family gatherings in the summer are a big no, no.

I can't wait until Saturday...I can't believe how close it is. Justin, Brian, and I will be there early. And, like last year, I will bring the bagels, donuts, and coffee for the set up crew. I'll stay for a bit to help out, but then I am heading back to the house to get Annette and Anthony. So who is part of the set-up crew? I need to just get some idea of how much grub to buy, you know why Alex-"I..."

By the way, Harold's Lake was absolute glass when I passed on my way to work. Passing that twice a day is such a tease!!!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2007, 6:27 AM Reply   
Can't wait for Saturday!

Awesome to hear about the slider and winch Alex. It's great to see how everyone wants to jump in and make it the best possible event ever. I will try to be there pretty early on, too, if I can help out with anything. Although, taking the train in from the city, I don't think my early would come even close to the set-up crew's early.

I am getting excited!!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
Holy crap Johan that wrist is f'd.

Partly Cloudy high of 82 for Saturday!!! Setuppers I may need some uppers but I will be there at 7:00 AM, despite picking my sister and Tiny Tim up from Laguardia for a 11:30 PM arrival and chauffeuring them to Avalon. (Okay so maybe i will be in bordentown at 7:30.)

Enjoy the week everybody.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2007, 7:45 AM Reply   
Based on the posts, emails, and or phone calls, I think setup at 6:00 is Alex, Kevin, Justin, Michele, Brian & Jim B. Did I miss anyone?

I love the way the T-shirts look!! And the other additional things Alex had printed for sale! Get in line, they'll go fast!
Everything is really starting to pull together. I can't wait!!
I just hope we can all get on the water sometime to see Brett & Randall ride!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I will be there between 6 and 7 am for sure.

Who is going out on Friday? Raise your hands now.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
i'll be heading from the city, who wants to meet up in penn station sat morning to head down together?

well, i left my slider board home because i didn't think it was a go....i'm real pumped that it's going on, so i'm fully ready to tear up my new board. can't wait

oh yeah....post wakefest. wednesday is july 4th and i would love to go out riding that tuesday evening, july 3rd...anybody interested.

congrats JB!

charles
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Charles,

I'm planning on driving down from Manhattan, but plan on getting there pretty early to help with setup if need be. Let me know if you want a ride.
Clay

(Message edited by txnskr on June 26, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
JB, I forgot, congrats on the comp. Way to represent Jersey.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-26-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Congrats JB!

oh man...6am in bordentown...not sure I am gonna make that...shocker eh!

Doug...did you forget to mention anything about this past weekend???
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
You saved it for me...

Great take JB!
Jim...I've Got four folks willing to get out on the river fri including myself. Only 2 riders though

What time is good for you?? What about David?

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 26, 2007)
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-26-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
JB Good stuff this weekend, that must have been pretty cool.

Kevin your right i did forget to mention something.. the ridiculously hard falls I took, one of which i think almost knocked me back to last year, but we all know how that is.

But yea I did also land a rally for the first time which definately was cool because I am really getting sick of the falls. Any time in the future that i can avoid them leaves me pretty excited.

See everyone soon enough.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
Doug, I was going to save the congrats for Saturday so I can give you an extra big hug, but oh well...CONGRATULATIONS!! How cool! I wish I was there. Next time we ride, do one for me.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
Clay, I was going to say, it will be a very long day on Saturday. Alex is pretty much set with his 6:00am setup crew, for those that may want to sleep a bit longer, otherwise you may be hanging around just waiting for things to start.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 3:07 PM Reply   
Doug, I heard the news from a little birdie but I wanted to wait for you to announce it. That is sooo AWESOME!! Congrats! I love watching that trick (and up until now JB was the only one in the crew I could watch do it). I am right there with Doreen, I want to see you do one for me too : ) Saturday night we will have to drink some Tequila in celebration. And I just happen to have a couple fine bottles in my possession. Hmmm...
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
"Hello, my name is Michele, I have tequila!!"
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-26-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
zuka,

I'll be there friday, not sure on time yet. I'll keep you posted.

Congrats JB on a great comp. in Wisco!

Doreen and Michele, I'll be there sat. morning to help set-up. I like my coffee lite and sweet! :-)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-26-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Cool beans David!
Doreen,
I'm not coming to NJ to spend my time in a hotel...So count me in for the morning set up & afternoon take down...I've got to get as much time in with you folks as possible...I only come round once a yr. ya know.

"Hello, my name is Michele, I have tequila!!"

Leaving here (Sturbridge) at 6am, should be there between 11am - 12pm, do the check in thing and grab a bite to eat.
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
Doreen,

Thanks for the heads up. I can't stand the anticipation, but I'll plan on coming down a bit later. It starts around 10am, right?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-26-2007, 10:07 PM Reply   
I got a call from the Bordentown PD today. Officer Pratt wanted to know how roughly how many people and
boats I'm expecting. I said "I don't know. Maybe 100/150 people and maybe 8 or 10 boats" but I think the
actual counts could well exceed those estimates. He wanted to know because, in response to some calls I made,
he was working on getting us another port-o-san down there for the day of the event. You see what's happening
here? Even the city of Bordentown itself is prepping for wakefest! I have a feeling this is going to
be a good one!

Clay, the official printed kick-off time is 10:00am, but I KNOW people people are going to begin showing-up
earlier than that. When you get there you get there. No biggie.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-27-2007, 4:12 AM Reply   
ONLY 3 MORE DAYS!!!
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       06-27-2007, 9:25 AM Reply   
I have only met Alex and Doreen so far but Im down for some early morning labor! Let me know if you guys need any more help for set up. I can be there whatever-o-clock.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
One more day to work folks! I'll call Justin or Alex for your Cells Jim & David.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-27-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Zuko shoot me an email and I'll give it to you
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-27-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
Anyone taking the train from NY Penn station to bordentown sat morning??? Please email me kevingeary@gmail.com or post if you are.

thx
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-27-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
KG whats up
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-27-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
We went out last night with Scott(jetpilotmss) and had blast. I know he is lurking on here just has not posted. It was a nice tune up for wakefest.

How many people are bringing boats?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-27-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
JZ, your enthusiasm is unparalleled!
Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-27-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Wow. Good job on preparation for wakefest. It's hard to believe but it looks like this one might outdue last year. I can't wait to hit my first slider!!
Hey Alex, is there going to be another poker tournament? My crew could use another new board!! j/k.
And how about Robb Reid, will he be there with his Xstar? That guy was really cool and gave me some good boarding tips last year.

My crew will be there around 10:00 with an X2, but I can come early to help set up! Give me a shout if you guys could use an extra hand.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2007, 2:57 AM Reply   
What's up George? I'll be at the ramp with boat in tow around 8:00 or so hoping to catch some morning glass.

The river temps. are starting to get nice and warm. The website shows 80 for yesterday but after another 90 degree day it will be close to 85.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2007, 5:29 AM Reply   
Scott(jetpilotmss), give me a call.

I'll have my boat in tow.I'm not sure about lauching times. But at some point my family and some friends of ours will lauch to see a little of the pros ride.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-28-2007, 5:58 AM Reply   
George, I'll be there with mine, shooting to be in the water by 7:30, but that depends on how quick the local 5.0 can issue me a ramp permit

Looking forward to a great day again, just a little drier this year!
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
Just talked to Charles...looks like we are planning on showing up around 9ish...

PUMPED!!!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2007, 11:07 AM Reply   
If it rained in Bordentown like it rained in Marlton last night,we are all gonna need rubber boots for wakefest.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2007, 11:12 AM Reply   
Another reason why I don't like New York.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/13586116/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-28-2007, 3:46 PM Reply   
Has anyone been down to the ramp? We need an area update! I think we're getting extra bails of hay to hopefully sop up some of the puddles.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
I just heard bad news from Jim, your weather forecast isn't good for tonight... Hope it misses you or we'll be drinkin' brown water. We'll be drinking brown water anyway but hopefully no trees!

Cross your fingers! We'll make the most of it
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
See ya soon

(Message edited by zuka666 on June 28, 2007)
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-28-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
Doreen, we have some strong thunderstorms about to roll through any minute and last night was no better. Tomorrow I'll go down to the ramp and check it out and if you want I'll take some pictures and send them to you. That whole area of the ramp seems to hold water really well.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-28-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
Woody, at this point, it is what it is. Can't be any worse then what we went through last year being rained on every 15 mins. It may be a bit on the puddley side, however, the weather is supposed to be upper 70's and sunny starting tomorrow so we at least have that on our side.

Alex is on his way to the airport now so he is down with no PC access and will see you guys on Saturday morning. Of course if anyone needs him you can call his cell.....It's been ringing off the hook for the past 3 days!

I'll be checking in from time to time tomorrow until about 1:00 and then I head to 60 Sylvia, so I'll see everyone Saturday, Randall in tow!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
Screw the brown water,we might have a mini wakefest on the Mullica River tomorrow instead of the Delaware.Doreen is right it is what it is and I'm very confident that the Jersey crew will still make this a great event no matter what happens.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2007, 7:58 PM Reply   
"Screw the brown water"... Brown water = Brown jelleyfish coming out ya nose...Haven't seen those since Indiana...

Anyways, 7 hrs before we hit the road. Hookin up w/ Jim and Dave noonish for some fun unless it's dirty then we'll be heading to the Mullica River... See tomorrow I guess!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-28-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Bedtime
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2007, 2:49 AM Reply   
Walking out the door now, see ya soon!;)
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-29-2007, 5:07 AM Reply   
hey its mike, cant wait to see all of you at wakefest
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
Hey everyone. So I have a show Saturday night that starts at 5 oclock in the city. Which would mean that I'd have to leave no later than 3 from Bordentown to make it.

I was thinking about coming as early as possible like around 9 or 10. Is is going to be worth it for me to come? Will I get to ride and maybe even enjoy some of the festivities?

Doreen maybe you can tell me cause I know Alex is running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Thanks, hope to see ya'll there.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-29-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
Cole, we should be shoving off at 7:30 and have room for an extra if you want to make the run down even earlier. I'll be there around 7, blue Tige silver/tan suburban.
Old     (txnskr)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-29-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Cole,
I might be able to give you a lift from midtown/westside manhattan. Just PM me.
Clay
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
Cole, many of us will be there early tomorrow to set-up, which should go quick. We'll make sure you get a pull in the morning, plus you don't want to miss the pro-riders demo around 11am.

See you then.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
I guess it is late to ask, but is there a rough schedule of events?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-29-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
Well it was a crazy day to say the least. The weather was not good so I kidnapped Zuko and Sara and took them back to my house. Once the weather cleared up we met Johan on the side of the road and took my Tige down to the Mullica river. We enjoyed peace and quiet, oh and absolute butter conditions with very warm water. I didn't know it till today but man can Zuko rip it up. See you all tomorrow.

ps I also talked to Scott ( jetpiolet) on the phone today. It was good to hear from him again.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-29-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
I am getting excited now~
I'll try to be there early to help out if I can..
See you all tomorrow!
Old     (jond)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-29-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
I was out on the river this afternoon. There was a very distinct brown water line moving up and down the river with the tide right around the Bordentown area - really strange. Bucks Courier had this article http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/113-06292007-1370746.html today about it and they don't think it is "harmful to fish or humans". I hope not because I was in it

Anyway, the river was absolute glass and NOBODY was out there. I did my first (and fourth) wake to wake today without wiping out (no tower on my boat so I assume I'd have it easy with one). I don't think it hurt that I was using a friends board - mine is junk.

Sorry I can't get out to the big event tomorrow - I have other obligations. Have a great time!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
Way to go Jon. Thats ashame you can't make it today. Hopefully we'll see you soon on the river.

Well TODAY IS THE DAY BOYS AND GIRLS.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2007, 3:02 AM Reply   
GAME ON!!!!
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       06-30-2007, 5:19 AM Reply   
im just walking out the door
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-30-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Dave, are you guys doing a Monday night session? If so and you have a large group I could also tow down and divide the group up.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
What a great event today! Awesome turnout too. It was good to see everyone again and meet some new people :-) Justin, I heard you were looking for me man, then when I got home, saw that I missed your call too. Sorry bro, I'll give you a ring tomorrow afternoon, but I wont be down the shore b/c of work unforutunately. We'll definitely get you surfing soon though, dont worry :-)
Anyway, Big props goes out to all the people and companies who stepped up and donated their time and goods to make wf happen. I only wish I was able to spend some more time down there w/ you guys. Sitting here at work knowing you guys were out on the water, hangin out and watching the video release is killing me. see everyone soon :-)
Old     (eaglerider93)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-30-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
WOW! Wakefest 2007 was amazing. The transgression movie was amazing. Large thanks to all the NJ Riders Crew for putting this event together. Also thanks to Randall Harris and Brett Eisenhauer for joining the New Jersey wakeboarding crew on this great day
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-01-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Had a great time yesterday. Sore as hell today. Thanks to all who made it possible
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
WOW! A huge congrats to Alex on putting together an Incredibley
successful Wakefest 07 and Dooreen for supporting him the whole way. Thanks to Brian, Kevin , Karen and Micha for the grill and food work, Michele and Justin for the morning breakfast and help setting up. And anyone else I missed that help set up and clean up. Also thanks to Annette, Dooreen and Michele for their hard work in the main tent. Thanks also to JB for helping with the sponsors and pro riders and for your work on the mic. Thanks also to all the sponsors for the donated items and time. Thanks to Surf and Offshore, Sandbar Marine,Offshore Marine,Wake and Ski boats of PA for coming out and sharing the day with us. Thanks to every single person who came out and bought raffle tickets,food,products from our sponsors and just thanks for spending the day with us.

Thanks to Dave for saving the people on the sand bar and for the late day ride on his boat.

Thank you Randall and Brett for coming to NJ and just setting the water on fire. You guys were great.

Also a huge congrats to Ron for making an absolute off the hook movie and sharing it with us. Good luck getting it finished because I know the whole group wants to buy a DVD when they go on sale.

Most of all Thanks to Dooreen for selling me that winning ticket that won me an awesome Hyperlite board and bing package.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Jim could not say it any better. I thought it was great and thanks to everybody for pulling off a great event!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-01-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
Like Jim said, BIG thanks to all the New Jersey Wake Riders for hosting the biggest wakeboarding event New Jersey has ever seen! Obviously alot of planning on the parts of Alex & JB, along with the rest of the crew. Props to you guys and girls!

Thanks also to the city of Bordentown for allowing us to host quite a large crowd yesterday on their waterfront.

I did manage to pull a few riders during the day, and although I do appreciate the donations for fuel expense this money is going to a much better cause. I will be donating all of it to "Autism speaks". Thanks to all of you.

See you next year at NJ Wakefest 2008!

-Dave
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-01-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Oh my, what a day!
It started early for many, ran smoothly with great spirit and unity, and had a brand new wakeboarding movie as the day's finale.

Seriously, are you sure we're in Jersey? This is too good to believe.

So many people came together to make this event as successful as it was. So many people have already been named and there's countless others who were all impact players, like those who traveled long distances to the SandBar Marine gang to people working our registration table and the like. It seems everyone played a vital role in the good times.

That was one of the most fun days I've ever had as a member of the wakeboarding industry! When you leave wishing it wouldn't end, that you you could have another day just like the day before, then you know it was a successful event. Kudos all around!
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 5:56 AM Reply   
Thank-you to everyone for a phenominal day. I am new to the sport and my crew dropped me last minute but I came alone and was welcomed and learned a lot talking to you guys. Im also phsyced about the helmet I won in the raffle and Im pretty sure it save a possible concussion riding on Lake Hopatcong yesterday!!

Thanks again and roll on Wakefest 2008!

-Sean.

(Message edited by qball on July 02, 2007)