Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2007, 7:48 AM Reply   
Hey folks. I'm sure its been asked before but I'm not seeing it. Tomorrow I am in charge of figuring out the best weight combination to build a giant, pro style wake in the RZ2. Ballast limits are not an issue. How do I make the thing kick up HUGE!?!?! What is the best placement etc of sacs? I registered at Tigeowners.com but it won't let me ask questions, lame.... Anyways, thanks for your help, we are stoked to have the RZ2!!!
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I have no experience with the boat but...

I found this on a thread in the wakeboarding discussion:

"Like Coach said www.tigeowners.com will have a ton of information about Tigé boats.

In my RZ2 I run about 1850 pounds of ballast.I have the stock ballast with additional sacks.

I run 650 in each side of the engine and about 550 up front. The front doesn’t need a huge amount of weight. I also have Taps at 5-6, speed is 22-23mph and 70-75 ft line depending on rider. I am still playing around with weight and speed but so far this has been the best."
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-27-2007, 8:00 AM Reply   
what sacs do u have to use?
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-27-2007, 8:11 AM Reply   

quote:

I registered at Tigeowners.com but it won't let me ask questions, lame.... Anyways, thanks for your help, we are stoked to have the RZ2!!!

BigHeavy, try logging in again, I just authorized your account so you should be able to post and reply. When you register on the site it sends out a confirmation email to authorize your email and typically it gets caught in a SPAM filter even though its not.

I have an RZ2 and sack it out. The quote that billy copied was what I wrote on another thread from a person asking the same question. If you add more weight, say over 2000 pounds you may have to put TAPs at 4-5. Feel free to ask me any questions on here or at www.tigeowners.com

Sean, I use a 350 on each side of the engine and then another 300 up front. This is on top of the stock 900.

- Matt G.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on April 27, 2007)
Old     (foilboy)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
I was told by Tige that there boats don't need any ballast because of the super dooper wam bam
hull shape. What's the real deal here?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-27-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
All boats need more weight!!
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
RZ2 set-up:
Stock + Fly-High 750 lb. in the walk, TAPS 4-6 = MONEY IN THA BANK, SHORTY WHAT YOU THANK!!??..!!?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2007, 9:46 AM Reply   
I have about 6 full size (600 pound) sacs & an assortment of smaller sacs. We were hoping to put around 2k in it. How would 600's in the back, a 600 in the nose & then one 600 in the walkthrough sound? Overkill? Appreciate your guys help.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
I am about to find out, Texas Tige is bringing two down for our tournament.
Old    00wakesetter            04-27-2007, 1:09 PM Reply   
Big Heavy, put one six in the walkway and t another one across the nose and one more in the floor as far back with the stock ballast and you should be money.
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
leo, what tournament is that?
Old     (truebeachbum)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-28-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
well first u have ta put weight in it
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
good luck for your search of the best wake but lets see some pics when you get back
my buddy has an rz2 withy stock ballast and even that wake is sick
have fun
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-28-2007, 1:27 PM Reply   
Yeah, please post your results with pics. My buddy has one that we've been played around with a little with lots of people and a 600 lb sack. 600lb sack in the walkway with 7 adults in the back created a pretty beefy wake at 75 ft with taps around 6. We have to dial his speedo yet too. Seems to me that the boat needs more weight up front or the taps has to come down or the wake will wash. My guess is a big sack up front, one in the walkway, and one in each engine compartment will be the best configuration, but definitely let everyone know what you do, there's not a lot of info out there on this wake.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-29-2007, 7:26 PM Reply   
Steve, it was the Collegiate Team Challenge. The tournament was pretty much flawless. We had 9 teams come out with some pretty good competition. We should have some pics up shortly, maybe David Williams will run a press release?

To answer your question. Brandon Raymond is right. They had the boat sacked that way for the tournament, and all I have to say is that was one of the biggest and cleanest wakes I have ever ridden. It has such an awesome transition (not too steep but not too mellow) with tons of kick. I felt like I was floating my tricks so much longer than usual. Everyone else out at the lake agreed. I forgot to mention, we also had 6 people in the boat (so 850 stock + 750 sac in the center walk + 6 people = awesome wake).

I want to thank Brandon at Texas Tige for making the event a success. Without the 2 Tiges, the tournament would not have been so flawless.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-29-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
Leo
Those guys at Texas Tige are very cool. I was shooting the sh*t with one of them at the boat show. I told him I was not buying a Tige and he still spent more time with me than any other vendor.
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-30-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
do u have any pics from when u saced it down
Old    00wakesetter            04-30-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
Pictures do no wake justice. Get out there and sac those boats out and ride!!!!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-30-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
Yea, pictures don't do the wake justice. But from the boat you could tell that the wake was massive. It was even bigger riding it. It was the first Tige I have been behind and I was really impressed.

Aaron-the guys at Texas Tige are awesome. Super chill and very friendly. They sponsored the tournament with no questions ask, I just had to give them a date. I think Brandon was partying harder than all of the college kids there. All in all it was an awesome weekend and I think Dave is gonna post some pics of the event in a few days.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what model Tige Daniel Watkins (sp?) rides behind down in AUS? B/C his boat was loaded w/ 4,500+ lbs in sacs alone this past Sept. before the boat was shipped down under for their summer season.

2 - W712 - ENZO Sac 1500 lbs ea.
1 - W706 - Open Bow Sac 1200 lbs
1 - W705 - Rear Seat Bottom 650 lbs (put on floor in front walkway)
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2007, 12:20 PM Reply   
o yeah and if anyone is still trying to find the perfect weight for the RZ2 this is what i run in my boat. stock ballast+ another 600 in the front+ a 500 sac in each rear storage locker. comes out to 2,500. so far everyone that rides it loves it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-01-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
in 06 watkins was running a 24ve. down in aus. i think he runs a 22ve. or atleast thats what i think he uses he was telling me something about not being able to use bigger boats cuz of the roads are smaller. he was down at my parents dealership over the summer. when he gets back to the states he'll be using an RZ4.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
hhmhmm.. thx for the input ryan
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-03-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
Just copy the X-star weighting....i am sure it will work in a copy of the X-star....

Just kidding, but seriously
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-04-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
I keep hoping to see pictures of one that is riding really low with wake pictures to match. I'll just keep checking back!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-04-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
"Just copy the X-star weighting....i am sure it will work in a copy of the X-star...."

That laughing you hear in the background, is at you, not with you. Might want to spend some time and do a little history check on the Pickle. I could tell you, but you need the exercise.
End rant-jack

Just kidding, but seriously
Old    00wakesetter            05-04-2007, 12:45 PM Reply   
Another Tige copied mastercraft thread. WOW!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2007, 1:03 PM Reply   
"Another Tige copied mastercraft thread. WOW!"
It always turns into that somehow...
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-04-2007, 6:03 PM Reply   
Right Chris,

First, Let me tell you that I know Mastercraft didn't invent the pickle. Great. But is it just me or is this boat not almost the exact same size and the towers nearly identical.

I also wouldn't feel right buying an almost $80K version of a Tige 22Ve (same hull right) new name; higher pricetag.

Besides, it was just a joke.....Tige boats don't need ballast, everyone knows that!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-04-2007, 6:15 PM Reply   
Must be a little truth if it keeps comin up!!!

You are right MC DID NOT make the FIRST PICKLE fork...no one said they did. They where the first to bring it to the INBOARD WAKEBOARD MARKET.

No stock ballast in this boat...give me a break.
All that damn plate is is to keep the boat from porposing. It is a COVER UP for a HULL FLAW PERIOD END OF STORY. 22v=RZ2 SAME HULL different Deck
Old     (pilot_ryder)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-04-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
tk(swab791)"All that damn plate is is to keep the boat from porposing. It is a COVER UP for a HULL FLAW PERIOD END OF STORY. 22v=RZ2 SAME HULL different Deck
"
totally false, if you say these plates are coverups for hull flaws then look at the flaws in supra, mastecraft and nearly every company that has plates.
Tiges plate is patented to work with there hull, to let it sit more naturally in the water.

Secondly i dont know if this is a typing error but the 22v hull is not the same as the rz2 the 22ve is the same hull as the z2 and the 24ve is the same as the z4
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-04-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
Have you ridden an RZ2 yet? If you haven't, I wouldnt be bashing it. The boat is solid and throws an awesome wake with 850lbs stock, 750 in sacks, and 6 people. Also, we rode the boat with the plate all the way up and it didn't porpoise.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-04-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
I have never ridden an RZ2. I have ridden behind plenty of 22Ve's (same hull, same wake) and I do like em', they are just not my favorite. Heck, my X-star is not my favorite. I bought it to because my wife wanted more room. I really liked my 06' 210 a whole lot. I have owned a 05' 22V and it was a good boat. I was just making a joke. Not trying to bash the boat...it is a good boat. I just wonder why no stock ballast. Other than that I have no issues. I live 90 miles from the Tige factory and have been to see both the old and new factory. Tige's have come a long way in the last few years. Lighten up guys.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-05-2007, 2:50 AM Reply   
They do have factory ballast as an option. It might not be stock in the sense that every RZ2 is equipped with ballast but it is available as an integrated option at the time of purchase.

(Message edited by evil0ne on May 05, 2007)
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2007, 5:06 AM Reply   
"I also wouldn't feel right buying an almost $80K version of a Tige 22Ve (same hull right) new name; higher pricetag. "

Uhhh, I just bought one and it was nowhere near $80k!
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-05-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
The disappoints keep mounting as the misinformation continues to flow-I'm out. Next time, when a brother needs helps sacking his boat out, help him, and save the opinions on who is the Xeroxmaster and who isn't for a better debate.
Sorry Heavy for this mindless exercise and complete waste of bandwidth.
End rantjacking.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-05-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
Tige Rules!!!!!!!

Mr. Heavy: sack it out the way I mentioned earlier, and you won't be disappointed.

Lasecki: can you find a good pic of the wake on one of those cameras at the tourney last weekend and put these nay-sayers to bed????
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I have a good wake pic of a 22Ve. I should look the same.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-05-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
Similar, but not exactly the same. Thanks anyways. Hey but feel free, post it, let's see it.

The running surfaces are the same, and they did start with the hull mold of a 22ve to build the first hull mold of the "Z" boat, but the wakes are not exactly the same. The "Z" has a little more vertical shape. We,(Texas Tige)pulled the UNT tournament last weekend at the SETX lake, there were some very good riders. All I heard were great comments about the wake and the boats. In fact, there were several competitors that were throwing and landing tricks that they never landed before because of the size and shape of the wake. From both sides, including Mr. Lasecki....
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-05-2007, 10:11 AM Reply   
Upload

That is all I have of the wake. All of the boat shots were taken by a girl named Nicki Evans. She cropped all of the pics, so you can't see the wake in any of them. I wouldn't say I landed any new tricks, Brandon, but I did throw a solid run because the wake is so easy to get used to.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-05-2007, 12:33 PM Reply   
"All that damn plate is is to keep the boat from porposing. It is a COVER UP for a HULL FLAW PERIOD END OF STORY"

I have to respond to this misinformation. Tige's plate is not to cover up a hull flaw. Tige engineered their hulls with a rocker in them so the transom sits down in the water. Their plate works well for shaping wakes. All the other brands with plates either have a straight hull or a hook in them. The plate on those boats does little because the hook keeps the bow down. Hmmm. Maybe the others put plates on theirs to cover a hull flaw.

By the way, the RZ2 is in the 65k range, not 80k. All the boats are getting up there in price, not just Tige.

OK!! End of hijack.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-05-2007, 4:02 PM Reply   
Damn right Dave! And that RZ-2 will out handle any other 22ft boat on the market.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-05-2007, 6:02 PM Reply   
"Damn right Dave! And that RZ-2 will out handle any other 22ft boat on the market."

I second that one! The handling is amazing! When we went for our test drive the dealer told me to take it up to 35 mph and then have everyone hang on - so we did and then he turned the wheel all the way and that boat just dug into the water and turned like a friggin jetski! None of the other boat places showed me that!
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-05-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
Wow a new Tige RZ2 cost just as much as my brand new 07 X-Star with absolutely every so called options by other companies on it I thought Mastercraft was way over priced and Tige boats were more affordable.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-05-2007, 6:24 PM Reply   
I got quoted $78K from Family Powersports in San Angelo Texas for a 2007 RZ2. No Joke, No lie. That is WHY I bought an X-star. If your gonna pay for it, you might as well get the original.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-05-2007, 6:26 PM Reply   
78k for an rz2 what a joke.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
I got my RZ2 fully loaded for $60K minus the stereo. I put another $8500 into the stereo. $78K????? Come out to Cali and buy one or better yet Vegas you will get a much better deal.

BTW The more weight you get into the boat the better the wake gets. 1000 rear and 300 front last trip out and it was very nice. 1000 on the left for surfing and it was sweet
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-06-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
Coach-
$8500 into the stereo what'd you put in there?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 9:27 PM Reply   
why doesn't anyone bash the MB tom cat for doin to pickle fork thing but anyways. everyone says including the tige factory says that the from a little farther forward than way way to the back the rz2 is the same as the 22ve but i swear theres something different about it. last year with my 22ve everyone at the wakeboard lake i'm a member at hated boarding behind my 22ve and only liked to surf behind it. but now on my rz2 everyone loves it. they love driving it and riding behind it. both boats had the same weight set up. with 2500 pounds of ballast in the rz2 it has no problem making a turn in 3 feet of water while keep a speed of 23.6 mph. the 22ve would chine lock in the turn and try to shoot for the shore. in 05 i put a 22v about 8 feet out of the water on the shore thru the same turn.(yes my dad was angered haha but only messed up the prop. no damage to anything else). so i don't know whats up with the RZ2 but this boat is soooo much better than the 22ve so don't bash it unless you have driven it and rode behind it.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-07-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Here is one of the only decent pictures I have of the RZ2 wake. This wake is with about 1500-1600 pounds of ballast, 22.5mph, 70ft out and the rider is 6ft. I just got the boat in this picture so it isn’t slammed to full capacity. I currently run close to 2000 pounds and the wake is very sweet. Everyone who rides behind has nothing but good things to say about it.

Also Tige does offer factory ballast, I have it in my boat.
Upload
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-07-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
Wow! that has a beautiful ramp on it!
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-07-2007, 12:36 PM Reply   
You were quoted 78k for an RZ2? That's way high ... that sounds like MSRP. No wonder you bought an MC. I was told from Tige that they started with the 22ve hull for the RZ, but it is modified and different.

The MB Tomcat. IMO it's probably the ugliest ski boat I've ever seen. The front end is FUGLY! The top deck on the one I saw at the Boat Show was totally wavey. It was a really bad layup. Lots of guys brag that MB is a quality boat. I didn't see that with the one that I saw.

By the way, nice pic of the RZ wake.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Yea, 78??? I was hearing prices around 65.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-07-2007, 3:43 PM Reply   
my RZ2 is the demo boat for my parents dealership. its fully loaded with extra ballast added into the factory ballast and it goes for right around 65 i'm guessing. haven't priced it out yet. we have another one with all the same upgrades besides ballast and tower speakers thats going for 63 so around 65 would sound right for my fully loaded boat. is that 78 thousand an out the door price.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-07-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
I hope it's otd, free service for life, and also included some boat bun at least every other weekend.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-07-2007, 5:07 PM Reply   
$78 was pretty loaded. It had ballast and an upgraded stereo and Tige's precision speed control. Pretty much had everything and was OTD w/ trailer. Trailer had 20" rims. Still expensive though.
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-07-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
Mark-
Here is the break down of my stereo

Alpine HU 9857 w/ I pod controler
Kicker ZX 850.4 Amp
Kicker ZX 850.4 Amp
Kicker ZX 1500.1 Amp
6 Kicker RS 6.5 Components
1 15" Kicker L5 Sub
Wetsounds 3-Some (pictured in Alliance Mag Ad)
3- Odyssey 2150 batteries
Xantrex TrueCharge 20
H20 Waves iRock remote
Access technologies Remote
Install and wire were added into the price.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2264

As for price my OTD price was $65000 minus stereo
included speed set
swivel racks
table
bow cushion
up and down piston on seat
340 HP engine
Extreme trailer
Custom Bimini (not factory) with all SS parts.
NO BALLAST (fat ass friends work better )
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-07-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
Great stereo setup Coach.

RZ2 still seams expensive or maybe that's just because we got our 07 x-star with absolutely everything on it otd for under 74K.

Anyways if anyone has a RZ2 in Kansas City area I would love to get a pull and check it out.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-08-2007, 7:17 AM Reply   
My X-star was loaded and OTD for $72K
Old    00wakesetter            05-08-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
Im glad you feel like you got a great deal on your x star. You will prolly be throwing 9's w2w by the end of the year. This thread is about the weighting of a rz2 not what you paid for your x star.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2007, 11:23 AM Reply   
kyle if you read a lil bit they are talking about the price of the boat and some ppl do mention the x-star
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2007, 11:26 AM Reply   
Billy, if you read the title of the thread I think it reads "How To Slam a Tige RZ2?"
Old     (whocares)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
not how much u paid for an x star
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-08-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
They must not have wanted to sell Mike an RZ2. Mid 60's is what I hear at Tigeowners as well, as far as the price goes.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
can't we all just get along hahahhahaha every thread just turns into an argument some how
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Yea it does Ryan, which is really sad. I think every boat company puts out good boats. Each company does something a little different then others, and that give the consumer options. Too bad everyone feels like they need to bash other companies because they got an awesome deal on their boat.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-08-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
I know what the title is, but just like any other thread, these things get on to other topics related to the original, i think mike up there was refering ppl talking about the pricing of the boats...
Old     (legit)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-08-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
the wake on the RZ2 is pretty outta sight. but in the words of brandon "you just gotta wait a little bit longer for that pop suckaaa" or something like that. anyway its sick, i could actually grab and hold double grabs rather than my usual grab and slap
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-08-2007, 8:40 PM Reply   
Jason, sweet profile pic. Reppin' the 2001 wake.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2007, 8:41 AM Reply   
Just wait a hair longer Baby, and get that POP!!!! 2-Legit, 2-legit to quit....Wat up?
Old     (ssteele013)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-09-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
i have a preety good pic of one with stock ballast ill post it when i figure out how to