Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-28-2003, 7:16 PM Reply   
how many of you have stripped the binding screw holes on your wakeboard trying to get out of your bindings? im asking this because im kind of worried about stripping them on my new board (absolute platinum)trying to get out of my new bindings.(ultras) the only way i know how to get out of them would be to put the board straight under me in the water and jump up and down till they come off, but like i said im afriad of stripping the screw holes.
Old    ontrider            12-28-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
Maybe your bindings are too tight.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-28-2003, 8:47 PM Reply   
jonathan no i dont think they are too tight i wear a size 9 shoe and these bindings are made for 9-11 size shoes. they are just not broken in yet so they are tight. thanks for the advice though
Old    saxosham            12-28-2003, 8:48 PM Reply   
Greg,
I witnessed a buddy of mine stip the screw holes on the board in subject. He had just got his new board and bindings (LF exo's). He attached the bindings to the board, and of course he had to test it. A whole crew of us piled into the boat to see the results!!! He cut into wake and popped, as he left the wake the board shot off in front of him and he was left to glide through the air with two bindings attached to his feet!! Everyone in the boat pissed themselves laughing, pity about our pal, he was swimming around in the water looking like a duck with webbed feet!! He was not impressed with us laughing at him, but what did he expect.
Anyhow he stripped the threads on the inserts, originally he used the LF screws that came with the bindings, but after the incident above, he got longer screws to fit it. He also was supplied with a tap in order to re-thread the inserts.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-28-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
Gareth what year Subjekt? I did that to mine too.
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-29-2003, 12:00 PM Reply   
anyone else?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-29-2003, 1:24 PM Reply   
My friend stripped one thread on the insert but managed to pop his ultra off his trip. The insert is still useable but if he strips another thread it will have to be fixed. As far as Ultras being too tight or not, I've spent a whole season breaking mine in and to be honest even though I only have an 8-9 shoe their too tight in the front. I'm working on slipping some high density foam under the plastic to raise them about an eighth to a quarter of an inch overall and I think that will solve the problem.

When my friend stripped his, he was standing on the dock with one foot out and twisting at an angle. I've popped an insert out on an old board on a good fall myself. From experience though as long as you're not twisting and pulling you shouldn't strip an insert.

When I first had my Ultras I would have to take my boots off the board in the water crawl in the boat and have two people stand on the base plates while I leaned forward and stepped out, smacked my head on the window more than once on the eject. But that was a small pain compared to not feeling both legs below the knee and almost passing out from the pain.
Old    saxosham            12-30-2003, 1:01 AM Reply   
Sean,
The board wasn't a subjekt, it was a platinum. My use of grammer!
Old     (muddyboss)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-22-2004, 5:26 AM Reply   
yere, i just got a new baord, prodg, and some exo bindings. The screws that came with the bindings were too small, but i thought they would be ok, so i did em up tight and went for a ride, ended up stacking it and pulling the screws out on one boot. stupid things, so went and got some longer ones. not sure on the damage to the holes yet.

newone ever damaged there bindings by wearing them round the house? im tryin to break mine in, just thought i should check!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
andrew. i did the exact same thing with my absolute and exo bindings. i am praying that that it is not stripped out.
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-22-2004, 6:55 AM Reply   
i also have stripped some holes with my ultras. i personally think it may be the hardware LF provides with the bindings. i personally will use longer screws and not the ones that were shipped with my new ultras. love the bindings...hate the hardware.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
you are exactly correct. the lf screws are too short. the inserts on lf boards are shorter and so they send shorter screws.
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-22-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
where's the best place to get replacement screws? and what kind do you use? i continue to use the thumb screws b/c its easy to reach down and tighten if necessary (no tools required). Does anyone know where to find them? I really haven't looked around much...just thought someone might know.
Old    wolfpack            01-22-2004, 7:51 AM Reply   
did the same thing with 03 ultra's and 03 team. LF has great customer service though.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
i went to athe hardware store and got some stainless screws and small rubber washers. the rubber washers keep the screws tight. works like a champ.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-22-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
my buddy who used to work a pro shop says if they are stripped out you can put helio coils in there
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-22-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
so you think i need to get longer screws just in case? if so is the hardware store the best place? Ty-one-on, how long were the screws you bought?
Old     (muddyboss)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-23-2004, 3:06 AM Reply   
yer i went to the hardware shop, got some screws that were for boats, so id say they were stainless. There about 3 threads longer than the LF ones. That rubber washer idea sounds good.

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-26-2004, 7:32 AM Reply   
I actually brought my board with me and tried a couple. i found the one that hit the bottom of the insert and then shortened it up. if you need me to measure, drop me an email and i will go buy and get my board and measure.