Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ross)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-25-2010, 11:53 PM Reply   
Tried wakesurfing for the first time over the weekend.
Boat: 2005 Tige 22V
Ballast: Factory fitted rear port full (Not sure of weight)
540Lbs sac in rear locker
540lbs in corner on rear seat(Port side)
350lbs under rear seat (Port side)
Played with factory fitted forward ballast.
Crew: Driver 220lbs
Observer 40lbs
Speed: Played between 10 & 13 Mph
Taps: Played between 2 & 6
Board: Liquid force custom 4'6"
Riders weight: 190lbs
Managed to go ropeless pretty easily, but the sweet spot was very short & close to the ski platform so no room to generate speed for moves. Any advice as how to lengthen wave or the recommended set up for my boat?Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (rlsv211)      Join Date: Oct 2009       01-26-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
I would try some weight upfront. Some boats it helps and some it does not.
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       01-26-2010, 9:12 AM Reply   
I have the same boat. We run factory front surf side full, factory rear surf side full, about 400lbs on top of rear factory, taps between 2 and 6 (greater the number = larger wave until it washes out) speed between 10 and 11. I'm 240 6'6" and my wife usually drives (120lbs) and have a kid or two on surf side. That seems to give us the best wave. We are going to experiment with no front ballast this season though. Check out videos of James Walker to see how to generate speed. It seems like he generates most of his speed starting at the peak of the wave, riding it down, then whipping back up. Also check out ragboy's wave and setup. He has a 24V. He basically runs and enzo sac under the surf side seats and locker.
Here are some pics of our wave.

Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by slimjim44 on January 26, 2010)
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-26-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
I think that it might have something to do with your observer weight. J/K That custom is a pretty small board and you might need to do some pumping with that board. Definitely not just a cruiser board.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       01-26-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
I have a 2008 22ve and We have 1000 lb all in the rear locker on the surf side and nothing up front speed at 11mph.
Old     (ross)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-28-2010, 9:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys, will try a few different things this weekend.Ross