Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
Why does it seem that a lot of people on here hate and have no respect for skiers? Im a rider and i got a brother who is a pretty good slalom skier and they dont get the respect they deserve from our sport. If anyone has actually tried it competitively or knows someone that does they know how hard it actually is. Why cant we all just get along? On my lake im one of the only "real" wakeboard boats and one of the few that actually know how to drive and the other select few on my lake happen to be the die hard skiers that get up at the crack of dawn. I can understand if their driving in a circle but if there doin the same thing as you why hate?
Old    K.B.C.            09-17-2009, 12:39 PM Reply   
I have complete respect for slalom skiiers on my lake, especially the core crews. They have much more in common with us than the Wally wakesurf and wakeboard crews that are out mid day and on the weekends. No hate here...
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 12:44 PM Reply   
Im not calling out anyone specifically or anything and i know a lot of people on here dont hate. I just felt like i needed to get that off my chest just because there are some people on here that have no respect what so ever.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
when we are on the water, we will crack little jokes about them being plankers. but i have total respect for them. especially since i cant get up on skis!
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
O thats fine im all for that its just when people call them gay and stuff like that is when it gets a little unnecessary
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
lol. well i only hate on 1 type of person on the water i'm sure well all agree and have full hate toward the retard on the jetski trying to jump our wake well we have a rider on the back. i could kill those retards for being that stupid.

OK, and i might have a strong dislike to the tuber's that wreck my glass water. yep kinda hate 2 types of people but at least I can understand the tubers but the jetski people please don't use our wake when we are pulling someone.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-17-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
i feel you william. ill openly admit that i tube every now and then. but only in choppy water. never flat water. ever gone wake to wake on tube? its hella fun. haha
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
Agreed
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       09-17-2009, 1:08 PM Reply   
excuse me William the term is Tard... not retard
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
not personally but i've had my share of friends do it behind my boat and agreed i never do it on glass if there is glass we are always on the board.

and adam i'd much rather have a skier sharing my water then anyone else because they always stay straight usually fall a lot less and NEVER have a huge wake lol
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
I like slalom skiers they only last about 20 minutes until they are done. I will take them over a wakesurfer any day.
Old     (infantryman2oo2)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-17-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
sorry soli, i would have used other terminology but i would have gotten all the red dots lol
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       09-17-2009, 1:15 PM Reply   
I totally respect legit skiers. I work at a waterski/wakeboard camp so Im around their culture more and experience it and see how they work. They are usually good or better than us at driving, take relatively short sets, and love to do what they do. I always try to respect the slalomers...

Wallys on two skis making powerturns is a different story. haha
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 1:16 PM Reply   
Lucky for me theres no one really on my lake who knows how or who actually wakesurfs besides me, BUT i only do it on weekends if that
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-17-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
I believe the "hate" actually started from the skiers. Smooth water, super small wakes, only a couple of people on the boat at a time, minimal stereos, very disciplined and methodical (if running a coarse).

Then along comes this loud crowded boat full of teenagers, throwing a massive wake not disciplined, just doing what feels good.

Like oil & water.

I believe alot of the early wakeboarders were ignorant on proper lake etiquette. But thanks the internet the average Wally can actually discover that it is not such a good idea to do a power turn in a smooth cove.

It's all about respecting each others desire for being on the lake in the first place. Some have this obnoxious, all about me and my crew attitude. And that is too bad.

The fisherman in the rowboat deserves the most repect or consideration. He has the least impact on the lake and its other users. He likes smooth water and quiet times on the water with his grandson (sorry, trying to paint a picture here)

If you are in a narrow cove, why not slow down to idle & turn your stereo down, no big deal.

All that being said, FISHERMAN ARE THE MOST HATEFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE ON THE WATER! I just try pretend they respect us and treat them with respect.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-17-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
dude.... there is so much hate.... over the stupidest things here on WW....
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Adam - On my home lake, there are a few skiers who try to claim ownership of the whole lake, try to impose their will on the rest of us (wakeboarders). I won't go into detail, but lets just say they sometimes take extreme measures to remind us of their ski/skiers first, last, and only mentality/agenda. There are a few (very few) who respect and try to be fair to everyone, but most are... I have lost any respect I may have ever had for these guys.
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 1:20 PM Reply   
I was just trying to get an idea why people did hate slalomers if any did. But agreed H2O tons of hate on ww but sometimes its just thick headed people
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
Tank- That is a very valid point and i completely agree with you. The point i was trying to make was people calling the sport itself stupid or something along those lines
Old    K.B.C.            09-17-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
Is that at Canyon Tank?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-17-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
Yes
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-17-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
For 5 years I slalom skied every morning before work. We had a course and there is no point going out unless the lake is reasonably calm and there are no other boats. I could see slalom skiers getting bitchy if somebody got on their calm lake. So like fishermen, they are more likely to be the instigators of the hate.

Slalom a great sport. Probably one of the best exercises ever. It puts a high amount of tension through your whole body and is very low impact as long you don't eat it. And like Andy said, you don't have to do it long before you're done. But you just can't have as much fun in less than perfect conditions as a wakeboarding.
Old     (pavement_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-17-2009, 2:02 PM Reply   
I don't participate in just wakeboarding, I love watersports. I Slalom, Barefooot, Surf, Wakeboard, wakeskate, shoeski and ride any thing else that looks fun and challenging(yes even a tube) I don't hate on anybody just love to share the stoke we call WATERSPORTS I believe that may be the true meaning of core
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2009, 2:04 PM Reply   
I might throw some unneeded hate around the double plank skiers but i respect the solom and even trick, idk about swivel lol. But for the most part i think it just playfull fun you take the wrong way. Its like army rags on the navy but if someone outside the forces said somthing they would back them up. broter sister hate... same here... Tubers are the uncle no one like tho... haha
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-17-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
Why not all the hate, it is not so much hate as a strong opinion. If someone wants to come on a forum dedicated to wakeboarding and say skiing is gay, that is an opinion. You agree or disagree and move on (if you are offended, oh well, itis the admins job to delete anything over the top)

skiers can go on skiworld.com and call wakeboarding gay and so on and who cares.

If you own a Chevy (I do) I bet you would not like what you see on a ford website.

Let people state their opinion and don't get your panties in wad, if someone is hating on another sport, they obviously have a strong dislike for that sport. But, once again you our on a WAKEBOARD FORUM, most people here are pretty addicted to wakeboarding and every other watersport not only pales in comparison to the addicted, but anyone not wakeboarding is ruining good water.

OK continue whining about wakeboarders not showing enough love to others. I have to go to a skateboard and snowboard forum now and tell them to quit calling me a gay because I wakeboard, why all the hate with these guys?
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-17-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
"If someone wants to come on a forum dedicated to wakeboarding and say skiing is gay"

But that kid was a douche. Most of the people on here do have an amount of respect for them. I certainly do. My father still does it as well as all of his friends, and I will go to their private lake to watch, and once or twice a year, run the course for get's and shig's. It's an incredible sport, but they have earned a reputation for being sticklers, and that is why there is tension between the two often.
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
Haha but its just a respect thing but in the end it all comes down to one thing.... Having a good time out on the water
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2009, 2:57 PM Reply   
Im gunna have to go with troy on this for sure.... Caleb needs to stop crying... Wake site, not ski site and sking is gay compaired to wakeboarding... i just say that again... lol
Old     (ritz2)      Join Date: Sep 2009       09-17-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Im gunna have to go with troy on this for sure.... Caleb needs to stop crying... Wake site, not ski site and sking is gay compaired to wakeboarding... sh*% did i just say that again... lol
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-17-2009, 3:05 PM Reply   
I have no problems with skiers whatsoever. I respect that the lake is not a place exclusively for wakeboarders and everyone should have equal oppurtunity to enjoy their time spent out there. One of my buddies I have grown up with shreds it up on tricks skis and is fun to watch when he gets behind a sacked out boat.

Gotta add this though which gave me a little chuckle. While scanning a snowboarding forum, I ran across someone who said this, "just remember to put ya board shorts over ya wet suit so ya dont look like a water skier lol..." . All in good fun though. Do what ya do and have a good time while you're at it!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-17-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
God do I hate that Ritz Dude.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-17-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
I don't see anyone getting upset or crying, I just think the namecallers are probably a bunch of kids that are desperately trying to be "legit"

just go out and have fun
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-17-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
I guess there are a lot of punks, 12 year olds and people just trying to stir the pot as well, and they are all pretty much annonymous. All I am saying is take everything with a grain of salt,because if you are easily offended, an internet forum is probably not your best bet. This forum is actually pretty tame in the end
Old     (nautiques210)      Join Date: Dec 2008       09-17-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Ya i was just curious on if people did have anything against them what their reasoning was
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-17-2009, 5:43 PM Reply   
Greg is right about the fishermen. When it is not too inconvenient...I sometimes go out of my way to drop to idle (if I am not towing) when my wake will really disturb/swamp them. I also try and strike of a short conversation sometimes...just shoot it to let them know some of us are considerate and aware of our actions. But it is probably a lost cause... There is always this underlying vibe...that their 1st predisposition would be to shoot us if they could get away with it...!

Most uncool thing ever...this guy riding behind my boat sprayed some fisherman one day. Super uncool.... even if it was an accident.

As for skiers....they are a heck of a lot more likely to be serial power turners...

I have had discussions with my neighbor...who is a skier...and he comes up reason after reason why it is better to power turn...why it is safer blah blah blah. The simple truth is most of them have no idea how bad it f***s up the water for us...becausde they ride around on skinny planks that are not nearly as affected by rough water as our fat ass wakeboards.

I have total respect for skiers (and their drivers) that are actually aware of how their actions affect others. But I have seen far too few of them that actually get it.

If power turning were so much safer...where are all the accidents and fatalities associated with all us wakeboarders that never PT. Enough said.

(Message edited by kitewake on September 17, 2009)
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-17-2009, 6:08 PM Reply   
I have nothing against slalom skiiers. My uncle used to slalom all the time. I'll do fun runs on two skis every now and again, haven't done slalom in a couple years (and a couple pounds). Getting up on one was always hard behind the family boat at our vacation cabin (underpowered) never tried behind my boat. I could never do the drop a ski thing, just made big splashes.
Old    dperizzolo            09-17-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
I guess things are changing now, but I know that a lot of us grew up skiing, or at least it was the first thing we did on the water. I remember being 7 or 8 and that was the first time I had ever heard of a skurfer. I still love to jump on a slalom ski every now and then. Its a different type of adrenaline rush but the speed is fun.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-17-2009, 8:10 PM Reply   
We always wave to the fisherman, More than half the time they don't wave back, UNLESS we have bunch of girls then they wave back 100% of the time.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-18-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
I maintain the slalom course on our lake and I am one of the most respected wakeboarders, also. Participating in more sports gives you more people that you can ride/ski with. It also gives me the opprotunity to ski a set with a slalom buddy, then fill up my boat and make them drive me wakeboarding. There are also wakeboarders and skiers on my lake who I have no respect for. It's who you are as a person, not what sport you do.

I always make an effort to throw huge inverts near the fishermen and wave at them. They usually think it's cool. Many of them have their kids on their boat and you can see them drooling wishing they were on the boat with us.
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-18-2009, 7:38 PM Reply   
At the masters a few years ago the skiers came out with a shirt on that said "if skiing was easy it would be wakeboarding" Robyn Valdez has pictures.
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-19-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
"At the masters a few years ago the skiers came out with a shirt on that said "if skiing was easy it would be wakeboarding" Robyn Valdez has pictures."

Sounds like a little sour grapes there.... Any sport, when you take it to the top level, should be respected. But to the non participant...wake boarding will alway be visually more appealing and exciting that skiing. Throw a bitchin slalom turn that should be respected in front of a boat load of honeys and they will yawn. Throw and big Raley with style and they will scream. Just the way it is....
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-20-2009, 8:04 AM Reply   
Going back a few years, when wakeboarding was getting started, it was the skiers that were full of hate the most. The professional ski organizations did their best to prevent wakeboarding from stealing their limelight and money. One even tried to claim wakeboarding a division of their organization and would not recognize any other professional wakeboard associations just to keep control. They tried to keep is small so it would not interfere with ski events. IMO, they think wakeboarding stole their thunder($$), and many of the older 3 event competitors still feel this way. Also, IMO, without wakeboarding bringing in the popularity and money to any type of watersports, the major boat manufacturers would not be as big, successful, and popular as they are now. It seems ironic that the one type of boat sports all the skiers tried to keep their thumb on and control is actually bankrolling their own sport.

Other than that, I have no issues with skiers and if they have issues with me, that is their problem...
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-20-2009, 11:06 PM Reply   
in the words of Cat Williams, "we need haters" "if you need someone to hate on, hate on me, but dont make fun of hair cause you know its luxurious" haha!!!!!
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-21-2009, 12:12 AM Reply   
BWAHAHA

what do you think a haters job is? to hate. So let them do their job.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2009, 5:23 AM Reply   
"Throw and big Raley with style and they will scream. Just the way it is...."

Yep. DO THAT SUPERMAN THING!!! With the ladies it's Raleys and Whirlybirds. I am just as good as any of the pros as far as the they are concerned (and if she's hot enough her opinion is all that matters).
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-21-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Last time I checked, this board was called "WAKEBOARDING DISCUSSION" not "SKIING DISCUSSION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (lmtwa)      Join Date: May 2001       09-21-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Byrd is right on! I remember in the early days of wakeboarding on the pro tour, the skiers were king. Then it changed.
Old     (riverdave)      Join Date: May 2007       09-23-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
I haven't made a post on this forum in a loooonnnnggg time. I'd have to say Byrd has it pretty well nailed on the industry front of things IMO.

Most the hate comes from the skiers, but it seems a lot of you sit back and just wonder "why?"

The reasoning is simple. Every other activity on the water, Skiing, FastBoats, Tubers, to Pontoons.. None of them screw the water up for the other guys. You get 2 WakeBoard boats on full tilt loaded with Ballast etc.. And it sinks the fastboats, no more skiing, and the tubers catch more air then the wakeboarders.. LOL

I'm not a hater, I'm just trying to explain where some of that animosity comes from. I am a go fast guy by nature, but I enjoy watching wakeboarders, love the WB boats, etc.. etc..

I think something that is lost on quite a few WB drivers though.. You don't need the ballast if your teaching some 4 year old how to wakeboard! You don't need the ballast if your not towing someone. Point in fact you don't even really need the ballast if the Wakeboarder sucks

That is what pisses people off. I think everyone enjoys watching some talented guy doing flips behind the boat etc.. But it kinda sucks to deal with 3 - 4' rollers to watch some retard catch an edge everytime he tries to turn etc..

Point in fact (my opinion) I think if you wanted to help a newbie get good, you'd be better off with a smaller wake. Teaching them how to hit it, etc.. That way they'll know how to "pop" off a bigger wake down the road.

RD

(Message edited by RiverDave on September 23, 2009)
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-23-2009, 11:32 AM Reply   
I was around in the mid 90's when wakeboarding started getting popular in S. Calif. I think for our area some of it came from the local private community that Tank mentioned. I could watch attitudes change from when I skied in the morning and then came back with my kids after school and put the Skylon pole up to wakeboard.

As someone who enjoys all watersports I can see all sides. I understand where the course skiers are coming from, I understand the wakeboarders and well, theres not a whole lot to understand about the wakesurfers...I don't think they have a gripe yet. I am starting to see a little of attitude starting between wakeboarders and surfers and kinda think back to ... isn't that the way skiers thought about wakeboarders back in the day...they are just wrecking the water?

When I take friends out with me I encourage them to try everything. I have a group of friends that will try anything I throw at them on the water from skis, wakeboards, wakeskate, tubing, kneeboarding and surfing. They can then decide what they like. Funny thing is that they like it all because I have never told them one is better (or gayer) than the other.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-23-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
raley and style dont go together....
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-23-2009, 1:28 PM Reply   
Bryan..I just fell outa my chair!! LMAO

Scott...Your Personal Quote is f-ing GREAT!
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
I go way back - 1970 for skiing; 1978 for wakeskating; 1983 for wakeboarding. Yes, wakeskates came before wakeboards. We made them out of canoe paddles for ski shows...

I own an X-2, ride a wakeboard, wakeskate, wakesurf, kneeboard, wakeskis, and slalom and trick in tournaments. Most of the old school slalomers know the metrics of the industry. They do have a love-hate relationship with wakeboarding and board sports in general - they like the money but bemoan the investment back into skiing. Most of the investment has gone into wakeboarding boats and not into 3-event boats. It is just the market.

They also look at age demographics. Eventually, your knees will not take the landings anymore and some will try slalom. We have a couple of wakeboarders who took up slalom after knee reconstruction surgery. As far as I am concerned, it is one big family of sports. However, the gap is not the sport-wakeboarding versus skiing-but generational. Most slalom skiers are my age or older (40-65 is the bubble group) while most wakeboarders are 14-25. Of course there will be friction - there always has been generational friction. Big deal.

As wakeboarding matures and skiing changes, there will be a meeting of the sports. Almost nobody trick skis anymore. Wakeboarding has taken the free-ride role from trick skiing. Jump will always be the most extreme (I hate that over-used term) part of the sport (hitting a ramp at 72 mph and flying 240' is intense). There will always be a free-ride part of the sport - now wakeboarding.

The sanctioning organizations must track the sport as it is on the water, and not as the tradition dictates. If it is managed well, we can all get along as an organized sport. However, there will always be the generational friction until a new crop of cross-over riders/skiers bring it back together.

Next season I will, again, host a slalom/wakeboard/jump professional tournament to have fun and put on a good show.
Old     (mkrueger313)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-23-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
i love wakeboarding but i still slalom ski just as much its a rush to take in a couple sections off the rope and get rippin across the wake i love the speed and feeling of being just a little but out of control that i just cant get from wakeboarding so for all you guys that hate heres your poster shot whats up
Upload
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-23-2009, 5:21 PM Reply   
Nice pic MK...I like skiing, especially the workout it give my arms, but I can say that I've never spent a minute laying in bed thinking about the next time on skis...but I daydream about boarding all the time :-)
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-23-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
Karl, said perfectly. I'm not much of a slalomer, but enjoy it now & then along with a barefoot run.

Oh, and MK, nice pic! - When I was in college (ages ago) I had a lot of buddies in Manitowish Waters. The Skiing Skeeters was where it was at. Funny thing, all those guys are councilmen & business owners now. Back then, we would have NEVER thought!

(Message edited by ottog1979 on September 23, 2009)

(Message edited by ottog1979 on September 23, 2009)
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-23-2009, 9:49 PM Reply   
when i'm asked what wakeboarding is? i tell them its the same as waterskiing except it doesn't suck. Byrd you nailed it. there will always be that chip on their shoulder for wakeboarding stealing their thunder.by the way on our lake when i see the slalom guys come out, i let them ski before we go again. they usually only pass us twice (10 min)so its a nice time for a scooby snack
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-24-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
My only beef which is very little in fact, because it doesn't effect any lake I ride on. Is that the course is always in the best spot and dodging it sucks. But really if they are willing to get up at the crack of dawn to go out and rip have at it.
Adam- your brother is getting much better water then you this winter!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-24-2009, 11:52 PM Reply   
Funny thread...

When I am riding the slalom ski I think wakeboarding sux. When I am riding my wakeboard I think skiing sux. I frequently flip-flop as need be. Not sure why it just happens. I can be on my buddies X-star and see somebody skiing and just think it looks so old fashion. Lately we have been going skiing mid week afternoons in a very quiet slough in the delta. Conditions have been epic. Last time out with a crew of 4 we pulled each skier 3 times in less than 2 hours. I wish I could get the same workout on the wakeboard but it just seems to take twice as long. On the other hand I love the feeling from flying through the air on a big wakeboard jump.

One thing I do that gives me lots of satisfaction. Taking one of my nephews buddies out, taking a slalom run then watch them cop the anti-ski attitude. Then they go out on the board, even though they look like rookies they seem proud of their performance until I go back out on the board and humble them. Kind of fun schooling guys half my age, when it happens.

I am getting less and less enchanted with wakesurfing lately. So many disrespectful wakesurfers that have very little skill that I don't really want to be associated with that crowd. That sport seems to be taking over the tubers reign for destroying good water.

Enjoy what you do, hate what you don't.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2009, 9:00 AM Reply   
Wakesurfing doesn't destroy the water anymore than tubers or wakeboarders if its done right. Run a straight line parallel with the shore and do not powerturn (which almost every wakeboard boat doe's on our lake). We run a similar line to what a experienced wakeboard boat would do and our wake pretty much disapates leaving flat water for the next guy or for the return. We really try to take turns with the other riders, but most are pretty inconsiderate and go which ever way they want they even come straight at you and pass within 75 feet of us. I used to wakeboard 100% of the time, so I really try not to destroy the water for the slalom guys and wakeboarders. everyone needs to take turns. I do respect everyone on the lake.
Old     (kaesen)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-25-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
skiing is dope! im in a slalom contest tomorrow!! haha ill post up some pictures after it all goes down!
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-25-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
I like them all!!! Even frozen!

Upload

(Message edited by slob02 on September 25, 2009)