Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       06-26-2013, 3:37 PM Reply   
I've searched for advice but haven't found too much. I have tantrums, HS backrolls, and frontrolls down (and can do raleys though haven't done them this season yet because of my hurt shoulder) and am working on TS backroll.

Right now one of two things happens to me when landing: (1) My heel edge hits the wake and I over rotate and fall backwards, or (2) I clear the wake fine but under rotate just a little bit. I have a video of one of my first tries doing (1) (which I'll post when it's done uploading). I seem to under rotate when I wait longer to initiate the flip, but go higher. I can't seem to get the fine balance in timing...any advice?

Thanks
Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       06-26-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
Video
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-26-2013, 4:29 PM Reply   
No advice just want to know if you and the guy asking about scarecrows in the other thread ride together. It looks like the same boat in both of your video's.
Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       06-26-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
Yes, we ride together
Old     (CasMarks)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-26-2013, 5:13 PM Reply   
I first tried this trick a week or so ago and was able to pick it up pretty quick after a few runs. I found that when I focused too much on the flip, I didn't get the pop. It seems like you would probably benefit from trying to take it a bit bigger and not focus so much on getting around. Like you said, you probably just need to get that balance between going big and getting the rotation. I'm sure you will get some better specific advice but figured I'd try and help.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-26-2013, 6:14 PM Reply   
You are throwing the trick too early. Everything is good except you need to hold that hard edge all the way to the top. You should be able to to take it up, spot the landing at the peak and control your rotation on the way down.
Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       06-27-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
Landed it second try today, thanks. Just focused on edging hard all the way through the wake.
Old     (airbeast)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-05-2013, 12:19 AM Reply   
Are you by chance the blue Mobius in a cove by the river? I think I saw you Sunday the 30th. I was on my friend's black wakesetter towards the evening. Turned out to be pretty nice once the wind died.
Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       07-05-2013, 7:32 AM Reply   
Yes that is us--we alternate docking the boat at my house (close to Pioneer Landing) and friends' house (where you saw us).

We would've stayed out longer, though we were low on gas. You guys have a sick boat though.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
BTW TNWake.......no powerturns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (TNWake)      Join Date: May 2013       07-05-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
don't worry, I've taught him to drive properly now
Old     (rvawake)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-07-2013, 10:41 AM Reply   
Oh man, glass for days...