Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
i guess that this is for all the sterio folks out there. i was wondering if anybody has seen or installed a battery box (compartment) in the cooler area (which is under the observer set)?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2005, 3:20 PM Reply   
you can fit a large deep cycle (D34) battery in the back portion of the passenger side storage compartment. You woudl have to cut a hole in the cooler to allow a battery to fit, but it could be done, but not necc. I wouldn't do it.

FYI, I've been working on a stereo install on my 04 SSV for the last few months. I'll have pics up soon. I have two 6V golf cart batteries mounted in the storage area. It takes up space, but still leaves room for things to be placed on top.

(Message edited by acurtis_ttu on November 02, 2005)
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
i am also reworking the sterio. i am going with a 3 bat. set up. we never use the space so i wanted to use is for something. i know that there is a lot of space in the compartment, but i was trying to save as much room as possible.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-02-2005, 6:20 PM Reply   
I use my cooler for storage anyway. If you decide to cut into the cooler post pics of how it turns out.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-02-2005, 7:25 PM Reply   
Milehighrider - you did not post which Supra model but when I did a 3 amp/2 battery install in my 21V, I moved the batterys under passanger seat just forward of the cooler. This gave gynormous storage in the front locker for everything else and is perfect for providing extra support under passanger seat.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-02-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
i guess i should have posted that it is a 03 ssv gge. can you post some pics of how that turned out? as adam said it is not necessary to take out the cooler to create what i want to, but it would be different and save some space also.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2005, 7:17 AM Reply   
Chris, the 21v has alot more storage than the 22SSV (03 GG), even on the passenger side compartment. One of the downfalls of the 22SSV IMO. 3 batteries inside the storage compartment on a 22SSV will take up about 80-90% of the floor space.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-03-2005, 5:31 PM Reply   
that was my thought exactly. that is why i am looking at the cooler for that. the way that it is looking now i will give it a try and see what happens. (i also agree that this is a down fall for the 03 ssv)
adam isn't your layout the same in 04?
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-03-2005, 6:10 PM Reply   
Milehighrider, here are some pics of a three battery three amp install in a 05 22SSV. The stock ballast (Not GG) still fits in the rear compartments with a little room left for towels etc..

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2005, 7:56 PM Reply   
mile high, yes my layout is the same. With my stock bags filled I have almost no room left in my lockers...just enough for towels. I just cram as much crap in the front storage as I can on top of the battereis. I just got finished with my boat. The batteries take up quite a bit of space, but I'm not pickin those things back up again, lol. I like how those amps are mounted, wish i would have done it that way
Old     (gwnkids)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-03-2005, 9:03 PM Reply   
I have two blue tops behind the drivers kick panel (hade to adjust the heater a little) one in the rear like Vince and the amp on the front wall. 22SSV
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-04-2005, 3:39 PM Reply   
Very nice Vince!
Old    bullet_tower            11-05-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
I feel your pain people. I found a similar problem with the battery location in my 04 Session 22si. this boat has a large frame for the pylon above the V-drive transmisson and there was just enough room for to custom battery boxs I made from 3X3 angle and TIG welded it together. For stlye points I made pairs of billet custom battery hold-downs with custom acid lid covers then branded them with the BULLET logo. then when we where finished with the rest of the mods on this ride we powder coated everything on this boat CANDY APPLE RED. What do you think?