Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 26, 2006

Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-14-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
no just answering the insinuation that I don't/ can't surf for "real". I really don't care about impressing people I'll never meet.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-14-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
I would never go into a cove like you described either. I really am considerate of others on the water. (I just like fighting for what I believe in like yourself)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-14-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
Sorry Sean, I didn't mean to insinuate that, but now that I read my post, it sure looks like it. I do find it odd, however, that people that live near decent breaks are so hooked on wakesurfing, seem more passionate about that than the real thing.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-14-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
We all want the same thing SMOOTH Water. Doesn’t matter what your doing weather your on a PWC, Tube, Wakeboard, Wake surfer, Ski or any other thing that’s being towed behind the boat. Weather you need it or not it’s always funner cutting up the butter. Who has more rights to the butter? NO ONE. Is there a secrete pecking order listing what sport gets first dib's on the butter? Like the right of way. I guess it depends on what your doing. In a perfect world no one would cut you off or steal your parking spot unfortunately this world doesn’t exist. You are fooling yourself if you think that people would leave bad habits at home or on the road. All these thoughts of shooting and or dropping rope's are only natural. "Let He who has never thought of shooting that guy on the PWC for getting to close or the jack off at the ramp speak up" J/K. We are all guilty of hating on "That boat" for stealing what is not ours the butter. Butter is not a right it’s a privilege.LOL Yes it sucks when you use your own brand of courtesy. No power turning no tubes till after 12. No wake surfing in the smooth cove when people are trying to ski or board or what ever. Our lakes are getting more and more crowded each year and IMO its only going to get worse. Learn to deal with it and work around it and your time on the water will be so much better. May the Force be with you
Old     (whit)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-14-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
Some of you guys should try getting laid--helps with the testosterone overload...
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-15-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=1407

Here is a 210 surf wave
Old    kvanderg            11-15-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
I am a die hard wakeboarder who personally has little to no problem with wakesurfers. I personally find wakesurfing as interesting as staring at the back of an airplane seat... but at least surfers seem to, for the most part, understand boat and water etiquette. That or they dont like getting out of bed early which works for me as well

The ones I hate are the TUBERS... these knuckleheads know no limits with regards to safety, selfishness or plain human decency

What would you do if...

1) You are out wakeboarding by 7:30 AM (because U LUV the butta) and are sharing a small lake with a slamom skier by staying at opposite ends... when 3 numbskulls in a Bayliner decide to tube up the entire lake?

or

2) You are riding the one and only smooth line when a runabout shows up with tube and two 8 year olds in tow and start tubing up your line... forcing you to leave because your not in the mood to kill 8 year olds with your boat?

or

3) You drive 7 hours (boat in tow) thru the mountains, get the boat in the water, start boarding and one of the relatives starts following you around the lake in a runabout (tube and lazy kids in tow)?

We have some good times on the water... but almost all of the bad times involve a cheap ass runabout, at least 1 fat & very stupid adult, a tube and a couple of lazy kids... why is that? As they say... common sense dissolves in water!

I know I pulled out the stops on this post... and I know someone is going to chime in about me being some sort of snob... but I'm glad I got that off my chest... I feel much better now
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-15-2006, 9:02 PM Reply   
Kevin, you forgot to mention my favorite... 13 year old kids on PWCs, but I think tubers still takes top billing.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-15-2006, 10:03 PM Reply   
I enjoy doing most watersports that are minimally challenging and exciting stopping just short of tubing. Luckily my skills are diverse enough that I have a few choices for activities behind the boat. I usually make my decision what to do on the water based on conditions of the water and condition of my body. Smooth water is definately reserved for activities where my wake disperses to the sides leaving a clear path for others to follow (barefooting, skiing, boarding). When it starts to get blown out I might take a rough water ski set or bust out the wakesurfer. I always try to head out to the open areas for wakesurfing. I try to provide a good example to follow. I wish others could leave their attitudes on shore and learn how to share the water like good sportsmen.
Old    kvanderg            11-16-2006, 4:57 AM Reply   
Tubing to me is JUST like TV. I see alot of parents using it as an easy entertainment device. Instead of doing whats EASY as a parent... why not get your kids out and get them working on something and find a way to make it fun? You would be helping your kids develop transferable life skills such as time management, concentration, analysis, humility, dedication, social interaction, etc.

Of course this does not apply to every kid in a tube or the parent pulling them; however, I do see a bunch of kids, these days, that are either staring in the fridge, staring at the TV or getting chaeufered around the lake on a tube.

Same goes for 13 year old kids on PWC... where are the dam parents?

Wow... this has been therapeudic... I am now going to change my pet peeve from tubers to lazy parents
Old     (cranfaster)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-16-2006, 5:31 PM Reply   
Here's a wakesurfing wake on an MB Sports B-52 V23 with only factory ballast and 6 people in the boat. The rider is 6'3".Upload