Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-18-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
This weekend I had a tire on my trailer blow out and completely screw up the fender. It's a tandem trailer and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on replacement fenders that are any good. Thanks!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
call your trailer manufacturer
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-18-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
If you have one of these nearby, they have tons of fenders (or you can get them online).
http://www.northerntool.com/

I got to go to one for the first time a couple weeks ago, it was just like a kid in a candy shop. That place has so much cool stuff and gave me so many ideas!

-Steve
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-18-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
I tried Extreme- they are EXTREMELY high priced. I saw some Aluminum 14ga. tread stamped- looks like diamond plate fenders that might be nice- anyone use aluminum and if so- how durable are they?
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
I would recommend going to a local trailer manufacturer and either buy one from them or from their suppliers. Fenders are very inexpensive, although most of them will require painting. You have a lot of different style options as well.

I used to sell aftermarket fenders, but that was in Seattle, so my contacts would require shipping.

PM me with any questions, I am happy to help you out if I can.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-18-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
What about Stainless Steel fenders. I've been looking for some for my Boatmate tandem trailer. Anyone know where to get some SS ones? Any idea what kind of price I should expect Jason?
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-20-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
I got a set of Aluminum 14 ga fenders with a diamond plate/tread look - I hope aluminum is strong enough to hold up- but they look really nice. I'll put some pics on when they're finally here and on the trailer.