Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-21-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
So, today I finally landed the toeside backroll. It was my third time out trying it.

Then....I tried a tantrum. I ate it on my first attempt, but I did make the rotation. Then, on my second attempt, I landed the tantrum!

Two inverts in one day, YeeeeeDoggggy! I am stoked!
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-21-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
thats awesome. keep it up. you should be able to do a hs backroll if you can do those other tricks. might as well make it 3 inverts
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-21-2006, 7:26 AM Reply   
Congrats! good job.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2006, 12:54 PM Reply   
the toeside backroll is much harder than the hs IMO
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-24-2006, 1:18 PM Reply   
Yea, I agree, I just tried my first HS Backroll yesterday. Almost had it a few times, but I kept letting go of the handle cause I thought I wasn't going to make the rotation. When I saw the video I realized that I totally had it and all I had to do is just hold on really hard. Also, I landed on a really hard edge the last few attempts and that caused the handle to pop out of my hands. NEXT TIME!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2006, 4:47 PM Reply   
i think that the toe backroll is easier than the hs backroll..just my opinion i guess!
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2006, 1:31 PM Reply   
thats awesome! hopefully i'll land mine too.
Old     (mike_mclin)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-16-2006, 5:45 AM Reply   
TS Back Roll was a hard one for me to learn. Congrats.
Old                07-17-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
ts rolls were a pain for me, i was landing crows and raleys before i ever stomped the toe roll
Old     (erik)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-17-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
Still can't TS Backrolls. Can do BS Mobes and Crow Mobes but no TS Backroll. I guess I'm just strange.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-17-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
Same here, can land a whole bunch of inverts but not the TS backroll! Its my "eleanor"...so close but never ride out of it.
Old    alanp            07-17-2006, 8:51 PM Reply   
try flipping away from the boat. really turn the nose of the board away from the wake when trying these. i learned them that way. you will flip very quickly b/c of the line tension. once i learned them this way i started squaring up a little more and throwing it more traditionally.