Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    boardline23            08-11-2005, 9:02 PM Reply   
Hi

I can not go W2W. Before I get the usual Progressive Edge, Stand Tall, don't flatten out, and etc. Read this first. First I ride behind an outboard 100 Hrspower, 1990 Sea Ray (it's a ski boat). With a SKI pylon.

When I ride at 50-55 ft my back foot is landing on the end of the wake and no matter how far away i start my progressive edge.

When I ride at 66 feet I get the tip of my board up like 4 ft back like 3 ft, the tail of my board is really sagging. I can occaqsionally get 6ft on the front of my board, with many people, but i can not go W2W, i land near the begging of the second wake. Lastly this is all going heelside and I ride goofy.

I really have to get W2W this year or should just give up? Thanks for all your help. If you ever find yourself stuck in Putnam county without a ride, give me a call.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-11-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
you have to be letting up as you get to the wake...causing you to jump up instead of out and up...hit it!
Old    fredhead            08-11-2005, 11:06 PM Reply   
This may or may not be your problem but I was having the same thing for a while but then I read somewhere on hear to try and hit the wake at more of a 45 degree angle instead of a 90 degree one. I did this a few days ago and got crazy air, had a blast with it too.

It might be that in trying to get the 45 degree hit I just concentrate more on holding the board where it is without letting it slip to my usual 90 degree hit (which it might still be doing just now with an edge,) and so end up holding the edge through the wake.

It took me a while to figure it out, but definitely don't give up, keep at it and you will figure it out. It'll just click.
Old    murrayair            08-11-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
Like midwesty said, make SURE you're edging all the way up the wake. It may feel like you are, but you might be letting off a little without knowing it. If you have a video camera or know someone that does, try to have someone film you trying a wake to wake jump, then you can see exactly what you are doing. Also, you may want to cut harder, since you have a smaller wake. If you have enough speed, you won't need tons of pop.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-11-2005, 11:56 PM Reply   
Try and make your self edge through the air after you jump, that'll make sure your edging through the wake, its a mental thing.
Old    boardline23            08-12-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
thanks
Old    clubjoeskier            08-13-2005, 8:30 AM Reply   
Balance your weight more on the forward foot going into the wake to get the tip down going across...
Old    deltahoosier            08-13-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Joe beat me to that.

Do you have a non stretch rope? It could be the harder you pull, you slow the boat down. I think if I rode behind a 100hp boat, I just may stall the engine. The harder you cut the boat may slow down. That is why everyone loves perfectpass. It always pulls solid and keeps your line tension. As the boat slows, the wake gets wider and youwill also stall out your air. Inorder to get air you need to keep line tension. As soon as the tension is gone, you drop. That is why it is also important to use a non stretch rope.