Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-11-2005, 11:08 PM Reply   
anyone use it yet? i wonder if it would chip or hurt like hyperlite's carbon handles. i like the light handles, and i really like my dhs. i'm just curious about this handle.
Old    alanp            01-12-2005, 1:18 AM Reply   
not to highjack but along the same lines has anyone used a carbon handle? im a little skeptical b/c i hit my board/feet with the handle alot when i crash. i was thinking it could do more harm than good. i think they would be responsive while spinning since there is no energy loss
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-12-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
The One is more durable and lighter than the others due to the shape that is not a triangle. You still can chip it, but IMO is is the carbon handle to consider.

I do prefer the DHS, however.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-12-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
We use the Parks hyperlite carbon handle and I 100% love it. Lighter and longer than any other handle as far as I know on the market. As far as that Hardline handle, I have heard good things about it, as far as handle passing abilities.
I guess its a geometry thing or something like that.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-12-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Looks very much like the Nevin Osmosis, which is a great handle in my opinion.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-12-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
looks like a decent handle but i would still prefer my parks carbon.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-13-2005, 8:02 AM Reply   
DHS???? what is that?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-13-2005, 10:33 AM Reply   
Detachable Handle System made by Hardline, you can change the grips on the handle.
Old    wakeboardn4life            01-14-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
i use the new 05 catalyst handle and love it ive hit my board with it and nothing happend no chips or cracks
Old    howie            01-14-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have a 04 catalyst and the carbon fiber glass 04 and chiped them all but to fix the chip motocross has a clear sticker to cover the handle to help it not chip just my 2 cents I will buy another carbon SL
Old    jmo52            01-14-2005, 11:00 PM Reply   
I got a SL carbon for Christmas and this is the first time I thought about smacking any part of my body on it.oouuch!I hope you didnt put the hex on me.
Old    chubbydaddy1            02-03-2005, 3:37 PM Reply   
Try the Nevin TCh Series ! TOO cool!
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
yea that does look like a straight rip off of the Nevin Osmosis handle....i guess they should call it the "Two" :-)

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
Chubby your right those Tch handles are pretty sweet looking..what exactly are they made of??they say composite but composite what??Fiberglass,plastic,sort of look like hockey shafts???

id like some more info on these handles...

ill have to try a local shop or something ,ahh maybe the boat show this weekend ...