Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
Tebow before Clausen??? Other than getting people in the stands I don't quite know how that worked out.

Also a little shocked that 9ers took TWO O-linemen.... and the 9ers are going to be the real deal next year.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-23-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
Cowboys looking good so far. Great pick.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
and I noticed the Jets grabbed another (likely amazing) CB... their pass D is going to be something fierce next year
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
"Cowboys looking good so far. Great pick."

Yeah, if they can get Bryant out on the field before the season is almost over. Bryant has the same agent as Crabtree, and look how long negotiations took.

Not knocking Tebow, but I don't understand why Denver selected him. I expect Quinn to play better in that system and they have Orton, so in essence Denver used a first round pick for a backup or 3rd string QB.

My Titans addressed a need on defense, I would like to see them pick up a better RB (I'm biased, but I think Montario Hardesty would be good), to take the place of Lendale White. That guy gets worse and worse each year and C.J. needs a better backup.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
My Hawks had a very solid and what seems to be a very safe draft if you listen to the so called experts. Now they need to draft a DE. I don't care for Mcshay or Kiper but both have the Hawks drafting Carlos Dunlap out of Florida which sounds like solid pick. A month or two ago I think he was slated to be a 1st rounder.

What in the hell was that pick by Jacksonville?

Also I thought McDaniels and the Donkey's were being really smart by dropping down while picking up a lot of other picks till they picked Tebow.

My favorite part of the draft though was the Center from Florida getting drafted. He had a ridiculously huge medallion necklace. The Birdman and the rest of Cash Money Records must of really been impressed.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Bryant has the same agent as Crabtree
I saw that too this morning, and I was thinking the exact same thing

... donno how I forgot this, but the Packers O-Linemen they nabbbed.... how funny was it when all the ESPN guys were just like, "He looks like a Packer" .... Ha, I love Wisconsin

Quote:
He had a ridiculously huge medallion necklace.
I don't want to judge books by their cover, but a handful of those guys look like they be getting suspended before the season even starts....
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-23-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
Cnat believe Bryant fell that far. God was definetly watching over his team lol I was jumping for joy lol
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hopefully the 9ers plan pans out. Pretty crazy to take 2 O line guys in the first round. Hopefully it helps Frank Gore go off every game.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Vikes have 2nd pick in the 2nd round.... think they may say goodbye to T-jack and pick up Clausen?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2010, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I saw that too this morning, and I was thinking the exact same thing

... donno how I forgot this, but the Packers O-Linemen they nabbbed.... how funny was it when all the ESPN guys were just like, "He looks like a Packer" .... Ha, I love Wisconsin

I don't want to judge books by their cover, but a handful of those guys look like they be getting suspended before the season even starts....
I thought the exact same thing.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-23-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Tebow before Clausen??? Other than getting people in the stands I don't quite know how that worked out.
Where is Clausens 2 rings and a Heisman... I get your point, but Im tired of hearing all the anti Tebow garbage. The kid can play, he can make throws he can make reads, he can run and he wins. Clausen can make throws make reads, lose and get in off the field issue.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Where is Clausens 2 rings and a Heisman... I get your point, but Im tired of hearing all the anti Tebow garbage. The kid can play, he can make throws he can make reads, he can run and he wins. Clausen can make throws make reads, lose and get in off the field issue.
Lot's of winning college QB's suck in the NFL. The simple fact is Tebow played on a team with more talent than any other college team in the nation and played in a system that is nothing like what he is going to see in the NFL. Coach Meyer's last stud QB who was thought to be a lot more NFL ready has sucked balls in the NFL. The pick was a bad pick if for no other reason other than they could of picked him later in the draft and not given up anything/less to get him. It was a reach plain and simple.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
^ I totally agree he is better than a lot of current QBs, but his playing style is so college specific.... as St.L I would have taken Clausen over Bradford, two big shoulder injuries for a QB, not good.

I think once Tebow takes a few good shots trying to run in the NFL he'll shape up into a real good QB, not at QB/RB hybrid.
Old     (deltarida)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-23-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Danny Weurfel = NFL bust, Rex Grossman= NFL bust, Tebow = NFL bust....all system QB's in college. Ill give Tebow credit for changing a lot of his throwing mechanics and foot work. Not an easy thing to do when u have been coached to do things completely different in college. Takes supburb decdication and talent to change your muscle memory......Tebow can make reads and throws in college, but the pro game is so much faster. He doesnt have the arm strength to make all the throws necessary to be a starting QB right now.
Old    bigdtx            04-23-2010, 11:55 AM Reply   
Tim Tebow = Tim Couch.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 11:59 AM Reply   
I just bought a Tim Couch jersey off ebay for $6
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-23-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I just bought a Tim Couch jersey off ebay for $6
Wow, you got ripped off.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-23-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltarida View Post
He doesnt have the arm strength to make all the throws necessary to be a starting QB right now.
And your credibility is now gone.... Tebow has ridiculous arm strength. Does he throw the best ball? No, but he has a cannon. He once threw a ball 60 yards off one knee.

Clausen didnt have talent? O really? Golden Tate and Floyd are garbage right? yawn.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdtx View Post
Tim Tebow = Tim Couch.
....Couch was a classic pocket QB.....

Tbone can end up as an HBack if needed......he can play on ST, he has some versatility that Couch never did. Not that you are going to spend a round 1 pick on an HBack....but if he doesn't excel at holding a clipboard.....he has some value elsewhere.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-23-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
Now you've done it.... calling out Tebow is ALMOST as bad as calling out Michael
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2010, 1:59 PM Reply   
I'm not worried about Bradford's shoulder. Drew Bree's shoulder injury was thought to be career ending, and we see how that worked out. DOctors even say that his shoulder is stronger than ever. Denver got their hands on a nice little Back up tight end.
Old    sperbet            04-23-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
I'm loving the Niners picks. Two beast offensive lineman. That was by far the biggest weakness last year. That and the fact that Singletary wants to run shouldn't make it that much of a surprise. I was somewhat expecting it to be honest. Hopefully they can contribute early, if they do the team will be looking good next year.

Still quite a few good prospects left for tonight, should be interesting...
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-23-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
Good to see a couple Utes go off the board, one to my Broncos.

Miami fans are going to be pleased with Koa Misi.... You will soon have 2 former Utes starting on your defense.
Old     (amo)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
Quote:

Also a little shocked that 9ers took TWO O-linemen.... and the 9ers are going to be the real deal next year.
Mcdandiels job is on the line with that pick. If tebow doesn't contribute right away, the Denver media will be all over Mcdaniels for taking him 22nd.

You can bet they want to run the ball with those two picks. Singletary is bringing smash mouth football to a team that has historically been "finess", or west coast offense. Plus they need to protect Alex Smith. Dude was on his back a lot last year. Taylor Mays in the 3rd round could prove to be a steal. We'll see.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-24-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
^ I totally think Taylor Mays is/was a steal.... that kid will be great.

I'm so pumped for next season, 9ers with the division and are going to shock people in the playoffs
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-24-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
I'm lovin My Hawks outlook this year already!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-25-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
^ you loved um' last year too.... haha, I think you maybe their biggest fan
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-25-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
Look for the Titans to give the Colts a hard time in the AFC South. Texans look pretty solid also. And another positive is we got rid of that bum L. White. Enjoy him in Seattle. They ran a story last pre-season talking about White's loss of 30 lbs. He is quoted as saying he didn't start a new workout regime or crash diet, he simply quit drinking tequila. How much tequila was he drinking to drop 30 lbs. in the course of a few months?