Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-13-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
So I got my HSE installed. I want to program it so that it turns the volume up/down around 2500 rpm's but have not been successful. What I do is put the boat in neutral and rev the engine up and program it. When I program it that high the volume jumps up and down and up and down until we are up to speed and it stays. I have only been successful in programming it at 1000 rpms without any fluctuation of volume. Any tips?! Thanks in advance!
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-13-2009, 5:08 PM Reply   
Eder,
It's helpful to maintain a consistent RPM level when programming. Try this:

1) Rev engine to desired RPM level and hold that level for a few seconds to let the RPMs stabilize.

2) Hold the program button until the Program LED starts blinking. Release button when LED starts blinking.

3) Once LED stops blinking the RVC is programmed.

Also try emailing Jim at sales@hsetrident.com. He should be able to respond to your emails faster than posts on Wakeworld.

Hope that helps
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       05-13-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
Thanks Tom, will do both!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-14-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
I've installed a few of these and have never had this come up, Try the process Tom stated... You should be just fine. If not you will need to confirm that you located the correct wire carrying the tach signal. On new BUs it's the grey wire at the ECM in the engine compartment.

Good Luck!