Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-26-2004, 3:28 PM Reply   
So my husband and family are headed up to Eagle Lake this weekend for a big fishing weekend. Sat. is opening day for some special kind of fish only found on that lake. We have been told that if we go wakeboarding on this lake 1. it will suck cuz it gets windy and 2. all the fisherman will shoot us as they've been waiting all year for this weekend and have driven a LONG way to come to this lake. Is this true, obviously not the shooting part, but is it not a good idea to board on this lake this weekend?
Old    wakelvr            05-26-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
shoot back

Where in the world is Eagle Lake?
Old     (pureliquid)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-26-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Eagle Lake is outside of Susanville, Ca.

Eagle Lake is home of the Eagle Lake Trout, Found only in that lake. I don't know about getting shot at, but It does get pretty windy though.
Old     (deltagrubber)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-26-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
They're fanatical up there about their trout.......and their trucks!!!! Take it from a Chico alum, they are not very patient with people messin with their sportfishing!!!!! That was our favorite passtime
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-26-2004, 4:37 PM Reply   
I hear what your saying Mike. I've got some family members that talk all day about fishing, their trucks, and their whiskey! Just wasn't sure if it was my extended family's way of getting me not to take out the boat. Its like the fishing tales, you never know what to believe. Guess I'll have to convert to the "other side" and catch some Eagle Lake Trout!
I almost hope it is windy so I don't drool all weekend over the nice water.
Old    walt            05-26-2004, 5:47 PM Reply   
Eagle lake is the second largest natural lake in Ca so there is plenty of room to ride if You really wanted to. Just stay away from the fishermen as much as possible
You will also find that the fisherman that really know the lake are done by 9 am. The bite startes and ends early at Eagle.
Old     (mike_schwenne)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2004, 4:49 PM Reply   
I went up there for a PRO-Am a couple years ago. We had a great time, and some pretty good water. They may have been special for the event though.
Mike Schwenne
www.westcoastcamps.com
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-27-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, we are not taking the boat. Too long of a haul for a chance at good water. Plus, I'll leave the fishermen alone. They've been waiting a long time for this weekend and I've got plenty of other chances to ride. Have a good memorial day weekend!
Old     (kneebone)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-28-2004, 9:25 AM Reply   
COOOLD water too. Enjoy the trout. It's the best you'll ever have.
Old    handyman            05-28-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
I would let the fishermen have their day. I can understand waiting for an entire season for something and wanting it to be great. There are plenty of lakes for us. Fish away I say.
Old    chavezychavez            05-28-2004, 4:08 PM Reply   
Laurie, if you can't board there, just jump over to Almanor. Chances of being shot are much lower that way.
Old     (wakejumper8)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-01-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Well we're back and glad we didn't opt to pull the boat up. The lake was really wind-blown. My husband had a great time fishing and I had a great time relaxing. It's beautiful up there!
Chavez, I love Almanor! Got some good memories up there. Take care and hope you all had a great, safe Memorial Day.