Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Just wanted to comment on the two latest ramps at OWC. There don't have pictures on their web site yet, which seems kind of lame after the work and expense of building them.

One is a smaller version of the big white curved ramp that's currently out there. The difference is that it's really steep and gives you quite a boost. They've moved the "Cheese Wedge" to the other lake. The new curved kicker gives a vertical boost bigger than the cheese wedge but is less abrupt and kinder to your board. It's currently located as heel side for a regular rider.

The other obstacle is a flat ramp with a upper rail on the right side. The ramp is fairly gentle. But the foot wide second level rail is a hoot to hit. It's the same angle as the ramp but more challenging as you have to cut into it to not get pulled onto the ramp. It feels like you are flying pretty high when you come off the rail. It's located heel side for a goofy rider.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-02-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
I'm pretty amped on the new mini-white. Not a fan at all of the new kicker/incline rail.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-02-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
John,

I am going to be down your way from 6/17-6/22 and hope to get to the OWC on the 21'st or maybe earlier in the week. Since you are an OWC Veteran I would love to meet and ride. Let me know if you are going to be around.

Later,
Jason
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Jason, that would be great. Looking forward to meeting you.

Kyle, the bi-level kicker does get a bit boring if you just hit the ramp. I just started hitting the rail this weekend and it got a lot more fun for me. I really like the new curved kicker. Just have to figure out what to do with all that kick! So far I've only thrown a scarecrow off it. And that's taking a gentle approach.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-02-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Don't have time to look and link now, but I swear I saw those two new ones on their website the other day. Gonna try to get down there this summer and check out all of the obstacles.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-02-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, it turns out the bi-level ramp is on this page, but not the newest kicker. They just put it out sometime within the last week.

http://www.orlandowatersports.com/sliders

I checked the page under photos that is supposed to show the current obstacles.