Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 05, 2008

Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-02-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
out at chatfield on sun. A zoo of course. Got the boat in the water, started, idled for a while, runing great. So we take of to the center of the lake. When we stop, the smell of smoke catches up with us. Open the engine cover, and some smoke and MAD heat. Think the supply impeler went out. Flag down a boat, they get the ranger and we get towed to the ramps.

So now I am that guy holding up the flow of the ramp with a broken boat. I get permission from rangers to cut line and get her out of the way, and then booom.....

Guy in front of me is backing his boat down the ramp, when his friend un hooks both the saftey chain and the winch, the traillers rollers sent that boat off the trailer like a howitzer! So then the red neck olympics start. The strap they keep useing to winch that pos back on the traler keeps breaking. twenty mins later an its my turn.

getting my boat on the trailer and we hear the b oat next to us start freaking out. NO PLUG! things sinking, guys runing to get trucks.

So long story short, at a busy ramp with a broken boat, And I was not even the jack ass!
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-02-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Always wanted to pack a cooler and a couple of lawn chairs and spend the day at our ramp watching the idiots. If you could sell tickets you could make a fortune! We all have idiot moments on the ramp. Some worse than others!
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-02-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
chris, that is really funny. sorry to hear about your boat!
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2008, 12:00 AM Reply   
shzz happens, need any gas money?
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-03-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
there is always an idiot at the boat ramp.
I just hope that I'm not it.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
the rangers were talking to the line of trucks getting ready to put in, and I told them that I was going to try to not be a jack azz. then when they helped pull my boat in, I told em, "see I am not a jack azz, just broke my boat!"
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-03-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
I was at Lake of the Ozarks boating a cove where they rent deck boats and the renters are always there pulling tubbers. At one time there were two boats, one not far behind the other pulling tubbers just following each other. If the tubber in front would have fallen off it would have been a bad scene. Also I was sitting at the end of the same cove getting ready to ride and a big a$$ baja comes flying by I give them the what the hell with my arms raised look. On the last set of the day going down the same cove another boat decided to follow right behind me while riding. After reaching the end we decided to pack up and go home. Go figure that back where we put in the wind had died down and it was almost butter conditions. Oh well it was still fun to be back on the water.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-03-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
Oh Chris I know that ramp all too well! Like stated above, I've always wanted to take a chair and sit and watch at the public ramp. It's an entertaining circus! Sorry to hear about the boat, we've all been there!
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-03-2008, 7:07 PM Reply   
At my boat ramp there is a restaurant/bar with a patio that overlooks all the weekend madness. Someone has already taken your idea, Cocheese! Great place to catch lunch and a beer after early morning sets and watch/learn what not to do.