Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
hey guys thought i would start a conversation again.I know every body is busy with work and spare time is few and far between. We have been riding every chance we get,cherokee lake is dangerously low..people doing alot of damage to boats this year. Sean has already eat one prop in his moomba...made him sick but i told him its gonna happen!! Will got up and rode last weekend not far but it was all he needed. He is doing real god with the new knee. CBK ,love the wheels it really set it off ..I will post pict of set up this week. Good seeing you this weekend Brad hope you and the wife had a good time. David ,still lookin for that new ride of yours ,I might have missed you guys when you were down here..everybody keep in touch and ride your board like you stole it....Rod
Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-18-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
just wanted to say what's up...i'm ride on the hiwassee, if you ever down shoot me an email and we can get together
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
Hey Rodney, its good to hear from you! I was wondering what happened to everyone. The posting just stopped.

Your right about Cherokee being dangerously low. So far this year, I haven't been thru a prop yet, as I have in times past. I keep an eye on the depth finder.

We've been going out about every Sunday and at least once thru the week. I'll be riding down toward German Creek this coming Sunday. Hope to see you guys soon.

Hey Brad, how you been?

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-18-2007, 8:31 PM Reply   
Hello all! I have been stuck at the beach for nearly a week and have a week to go. I am looking forward to getting back to the real water. Anybody have big plans for the 4th.

Brad - You been holdin' things down on Stone Drive while I have been gone?
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-19-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
hey rod we going to get out there this weekend. knee is feeling pretty good so i think its time to start filling the ballast and streching the rope back out a little. i will never learn my lesson. need to get marvin back out there cant believe he hasnt been ou in the new boat yet. hey brad if you get down here give me a call like rodney stated lake is scary low so im pretty much staying in one place pretty soon ill probably be going back to grainger park its bean station ramp is close to being out of the water i dont loke the idea of backing mine down in the mud to launch it. o hey rodney thanks for getting me hooked on surfing its kept me sain during the last few weeks. mike o might be down this weekend so we need and try and get together and show him around if he gets down here.. see ya all....ed
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-19-2007, 3:26 PM Reply   
Event: TN NWLChampionship Southern Style @ ConcordPark/Knoxville AKA Turkey Creek.

Thanks to our sponsors this will be a 2 round event. You will get one round behind a 2007 Supra 22SSV w/2600lb ballast from Knoxville Water Sports and one round behind a 2007 Malibu 23 LSV from Overboard

When: Sunday 7/15/07 registration @ 8:00 am starts @ 10:00 am to finish

Directions: From I-40 exit 376B take 140 east 3 miles, turn right at exit 3 Westland Drive go 1.6 miles, bear right onto TN332 (Northshore Dr.) aprox 1.5 miles bring you to 11813 S. Northshore Dr. AKA Turkey Creek. 2 rounds, Send pre-register $30.00 fee by 7/1/07 to Randy Peck/NWL 2427 Southview Dr Maryville, TN 37803 $40.00
Contact Randy Peck eckerone@charter.net">peckerone@charter.net 865-388-4516
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone, glad to see a thread started again, and people posting!!

Hey Rod, had a great time this weekend. My wife and I just needed to get out to ourselves for a few days!! Hopefully be back down that way this Sat. Hey Ed, glad to hear the knee is doing better. Will try and look you up sometime.

David, things going good my way, still trying to find some time to get down that way and get a pull behind your boat.

Nate, I have been trying to keep it cool on Stone Drive. Went over today and helped out Nick and Jr. Hope the beach has been fun!!
Old     (seankey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-20-2007, 6:37 AM Reply   
I am glad to see some more people on here from this area. I am in Knoxville, and I have just recently started wakeboarding. I started last year behind my 18' Sea Ray, and I only got to go a few times before the season was over. This year I decided I needed a good boat so I went out and bought a 99 Supra Launch. I am really looking for some more experienced people to come out with me and teach me a few things. I am 100% self taught, and I have no problem jumping, but I'm not quite clearing the wake yet. If anybody wants to come out anytime on my boat, or doesn't mind me and the girlfriend(she wakeboards to) tagging along on your boat shoot me an email to smk99@comcast.net
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-20-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
I'm in the Knoxville/Maryville/Loudon area, ride anywhere on the river from downtown knoxville to melton hill to northshore to lenoir city park. I have an old '86 Glassport I/O w/ a tower and sacks, it makes due but just doesn't make a terrific wake. I mostly bum rides but have met alot of good people in knoxville area on this site and wakeboarder.com that I ride with all the time that hook me up. Shoot me an email if ya ever need a driver/rider, cfarmer1@utk.edu
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-20-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
hey nate we all need to plan and hook up on one lake or another and spend the day together around the 4th, mabey we all need to meet at cbk one evening and plan- -cookout - ride -hangout give me a shout when you get back from the saltwater I feel your pain but its all good....talk later rod
Old     (mi_moomba)      Join Date: May 2005       06-20-2007, 8:39 AM Reply   
I am planning on moving into East Tn in the next 12-24 months and am looking at buying on a lake. Cherokee was one of my top chioces, but hearing that it is so low makes me wonder. What lake in the area is usually low, and which ones have the most consistent levels? We were considering Douglas, Norris, Cherokee, and Watts Bar. Any help would be appreciated!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-20-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
douglas, norris and cherokee all go up and down never so low that you cant get on it somewhere. watts bar doesnt change that much because of barge traffic. the lakes are usually never this low but it has just been extremely dry this year. you talk to the old guys around and they will tell you they have never seen the lakes this low. you just have to be carefull and get your self a lake map.
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-20-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Hey Will:

We'd love to have you move to the area and ride on Cherokee Lake. Cherokee is unusually low this summer, because of the drought conditions we're experiencing. It's also lowered by TVA during the Fall/Winter months, and the level is usually up from late April-September.

Norris Lake is also a very nice lake, in fact it's considered one of the cleanest lakes in the South.

Douglas lake, like Cherokee, is usually lowered during the Fall/Winter months also. I don't know how low it is currently.

Watts Bar is a nice lake, but of what I heard it can get very crowded.

Good luck on your decision.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-20-2007, 11:37 AM Reply   
In addition to the above there is also Ft Loudon and Tellico Lakes which come up first in the spring and drop last in the fall. Ft Loudon runs right through Knoxville. It is not the cleanest lake, but gets a lot of use. Tellico Lake is very clean. It is just outside of Knoxville in Loudon County. They are both connected to Watts Bar through a lock at Ft Loudon Dam.

Hope this helps,
Jman

Google Earth would be a great tool to view the area lakes
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2007, 8:23 PM Reply   
Bump
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-24-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
Nate- Jeff C. went up to S. Holston today and said water was way, way down! We rode over at Patrick Henry.
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
hey mike did you get another ride yet? havent heard from you in awhile. we rode all day sat. my _ss is wore out. had good water and got some new people up. had a good full day!!! rode eds ronix board (frontier) love it!! maybe another purchase from cbk??? will holler at you guys later----rod
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-25-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
Hey Rodney, I rode down to German Creek yesterday (Sunday), wondering if I'd spot you anywhere. The water was great up around Quarryville.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
hey rodney no need to buy one {sorry nate} you got one now im really liking that liquid force board it has forced me to slow down and thats ecactly what i needed so chances are ill never ride that ronix board i found one that really works for me.so have at it with that ronix board
Old     (itsmebudro)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-25-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
yea TVA is really screwin up the summer this year for anyone who is out on the lake. My friend ran his mastercraft up on a sandbar by cedar hill boat dock.
Old     (seankey)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Man, I know Ft. Loudon isn't the cleanest, but I am glad that is where I keep my boat. If anything, the water levels might be up above normal.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-25-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
I bought a 1997 Super Sport, added Perfect Pass and a ballast system and it makes a mean wake. Ed, sorry I didn't get down sat. as my daughter wanted to take some friends out, so we rode at Patrick Henry. That's the good thing about Patrick Henry is it's always full! We ride alot during the week.
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2007, 1:31 PM Reply   
hey mike i figured you got into something ill be off all week next week give me a call plan on being on lake all week might get out there on lake with you if you get a chance.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-27-2007, 8:38 PM Reply   
Personally I would like to be at the lake all week, but I have the family thing to do and that includes a trip to Myrtle Beach! UGH! Maybe next Sunday???
Old     (famlyboader)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2007, 7:11 PM Reply   
hello all. been workin nite and day to get next week off . ed thanks for letting me use the ronix ..havent rode it since sat but will get to use it this coming week. hey cbk waz up you boat sellin fools? i have to deliver to kingsport sat , will you guys be at the shop or on the water? will yell b 4 i come. hey buddy we ride over here on german creek side..<grainger> give me a yell if you guys want to get together or need a pull. brad ,give me a yell if you r comin down this week or the weekend .yell at everybody later---rod
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-01-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
Hey Rod, thanks for the pull today. Maybe soon I will get some nuts and stand tall at the wake and let it boot me!!! :-) I felt pretty good though hitting the wake on your boat today. Still just feeling that last fall I took!!!

Hey Ed, got to say, NICE boat man. Lookin sharp. Maybe next time I am down that way I can get behind it.

Hey Nate, you got that super-nice camera now, how bout posting some pics. I know you took some this weekend!!

Later everyone!!
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-01-2007, 9:26 PM Reply   
Geeeez guys, this was the best weekend I have had in a while. Spent all day Sat and Sun at SoHo and it was perfect. I do have some killer shots, but the files are so friggin huge I don't think they will post. Here goes! A little teaser!

Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
Ok...Ok....Here are a few more. I am really enjoying this new camera. One pic is a friend of Hot Sauce....It was his second attempt at a raley, this is his second season riding. The others are just random shots of yours truly and one Hot Sauce doing his very own Karate Kid move
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Just saw the Cherokee gals on FUEL TV.... Marvs wife, Rods daughter and I think Will's girlfriend.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
you read my mind Nate, I saw them to and was getting ready to make a post!!! Oh by the way, nice pics. See you tomorrow.
Old     (utwake1)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-03-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
anyone down & around the knoxville area? i usually ride on the river downtown about 5 to 6 days a week. i ride on tellico & watts bar on occasion
Old     (itsmebudro)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-03-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
anyone gonna be out on Cherokee lake tomorrow???
Old     (chill720)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-03-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Nate, tell Pat this is where the handle pass is on a Blind 3.
ChrisUpload
Old     (dluttr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-03-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
Where is everyone riding on the 4th? I'll be on Cherokee Lake around German Creek much of the time.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th on the lake.
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-04-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!
Thats all I can say about July 3rd out at Lakeview Dock. One of the greatest times of my life!!! Good Times, Good Water, Good Fireworks....what else can you ask for???

Thanks for the hospitality Nate!!

Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th!!