Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    bocephus            03-17-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a fiberglass enclosure to hold 4 6x9's. My custom setup is going to take a while and I would like to get tunes on the boat sooner. I already have the speakers, clamps and wiring. I have tried to find Wet Box but the site no longer works.

Thanks,
Bocephus!
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
Yes they are still going strong. http://www.wetboxmarine.com/

We are also a dealer so if I can help you out let me know.
Old    bocephus            03-17-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
I need a price on a enclosure for 4 6x9's. Carbon or fiberglass, it doesn't matter. I would prefer a color that matches the boat in my profile, white, blue or yellow. I'm putting Pioneer TS-D691R's in them which are pretty heavy, 5 lbs. 6 oz. each, so I need a strong enclosure.

Email me or what ever...

ryan @ hometownappraisers.com
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Charles: and Bocephus: I have new information Nick @ Wet Box has decided to give up is worldly possessions and seek spiritual enlightenment by becoming a Buddhist monk. He has shaved his head and now wears a orange robe 24/7. He left me with a load of Wet Box tower box’s to sell. He said he would like the profits from the tower boxes to go to his Buddhist church So if you need any Wet Box tower boxes you can get them threw me also.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
Good stuff Grant
Old    bocephus            03-17-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
Will they hold the Pioneer TS-D691R's that I plan on using? That's like 22 lbs. in all just in speakers. I don't care who sells them to me, I just need them in either yellow or blue to match my boat. Let me know how you want to do the deal? I have cash and live in Tempe, AZ or can do paypal or something similar.

Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-17-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
Grant,
Will the wet box fit on the SAN FTC they used on 04. This the funky looking one they only used for one year. If so Im definalety interested.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-17-2006, 11:01 AM Reply   
RodE

It should fit fine
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yes The Wetbox will hold the Pioneer 6X9's No Problem. The Wetbox tower enclosers are super thick and strong. And yes will work on a 04 FTC
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
I just got a great custom painted, custom built fiberglass tower enclosure for $250 including shipping from a guy name Brian Strand, some may know him better as Wakesquid. I'll upload some pics this weekend, however I haven't installed it yet. His craftmanship and the box's appearance are better than the boxes made by wetbox or liquid trends, and at a fraction of the cost.
Old     (rmbrinner)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2006, 2:39 PM Reply   
Just to clear something up, I meant $250 plus shipping, so it was actually a little more, but totally worth it.
Old     (tgsquared_27)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-17-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
WET BOX IS MADE OF PLASTIC, NOT FIBERGLASS. CHECK OUT PROFLIGHT....I LOVE MY XBOX 2 AND THEY MATCHED MY COLOR TO A "T". PRO FLIGHTS BOXES ARE ALSO GEL COATED AND NOT PAINTED
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-18-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
Grant,
I sent you an email. Definately want to purchase one.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-18-2006, 10:56 AM Reply   
Grant there must be serious case of chinese whispers, this is the information I got....
Nick @ Wet Box has decided to sell up his worldly possessions after achieving enlightenment by riding a orange BU247. He has shaved his head and is living like a monk to at a Buddhist church to save more money. If he sells all the tower boxes he will order the 247 before next season.

Werid, its hard to know what the truth is these days.