Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
I dropped an Exile Xi2500.1 in the boat recently when I added another sub and OMG is this a sick amp!! I'm pushing 2 JBL W10GTi's, I know most haven't heard of these but they're legit. I can't believe how hard these are hitting paired with the Xi2500. I had the walls in the shop I was working in shaking at half volume.

The amp is impressive for sure but I was more impressed with Brian at Exile. He was unbelievable to work with and took better than excellent care of me. He handled everything personally and even tossed in some swag. He hooked me up with a sub volume control (desperatly needed with these) which I some how lost and at no charge he hooked me up with another one. Way above and beyond in my book.

I just wanted to give props where they are due for both the product and service.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
I have delt with them a few times and will also add that they are a really great group, very focused on taking care of the customer. Glad to hear your happy. That is a s-load of power! How much can those subs handle? I have only seen a few that can handle that kind of power. I get the impression that the boys over at Exile are trying hard to jump in this market and make some big waves, especially with power like that. Nice. Looking forward to see what they have to offer in the future.
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-25-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
Damn, that's awesome. I have my setup being installed as I write this. I have the Xi1500, although it may not be nearly as powerful, I'm pretty expectant that it is going to pound with one of those Big12 Exile subs.

And ya, gotta say Brian was super helpful with me as well. It was a pretty smooth process with getting hooked up with exactly what I wanted/needed.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-25-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
Yow! I'll be hearing those thump down in the Portland Area. And I'll know Hate's out on the lake. Awesome!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-25-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
They are rated at 600rms/3000max I've been running one for two seasons now with 1100 Watts to it. Took it up a notch here but pretty close. They have over a 9" mounting depth and weigh 38lbs each LOL. Andrew, you made a good choice.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-26-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
Sweet. Good to hear. I just ordered up an Exile 1500.1 and a 15" sub for my boat. Brian is real good to work with. Stoked to get it pumping. Should be up and pounding in another week....
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-26-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
HateNPain - thanks for rockin Exile. That amplifier is a BEAST! I was at a sound off event in Mexico a few weeks ago and listened to a kid hit 155.4dB with one of our Big 18 woofers on that amplifier. Talk about stupid loud. I think the guys smile was 10 feet wide. Glad to hear its slammin those woofers of yours.

Diggs / Andrew - the Exile Big woofers are named that for a reason. I think you'll both be impressed with your setups. Let me know what you think!

Cheers all! and thanks for the props. I really appreciate!

-Brian
Exile Audio

Last edited by brianinpdx; 05-26-2010 at 1:48 PM. Reason: additions
Old     (carlosdynamicaudiolodi)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-26-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
We have eight 12" subs hooked up to one of these bad boys in our showroom. The output is just nasty! The whole showroom just knocks. Dust falls from the ceiling panels and s&$@ falls of shelves in the office. Our showroom is about 1700 ft2.
Old     (deltabri)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-27-2010, 9:58 PM Reply   
Installed the 2500.1 last month. I have it pushing 2 JL 12W7's. ......and yes BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! Brian (Exile) dealt with hours and days of my questions and set me up. He is the man. Thanks B!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-28-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Lets see a pic of this bad boy!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2010, 10:37 AM Reply   
It's a clean looking well built amp but its not super fancy or all chrome which is fine by me. The Exile logo does light up in your choice of blue or white. In my boat you can only see one of my amps, I like everything as stealth as possible.
Attached Images

Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       05-28-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
those JBL woofers are bad ass. Should sound great.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-28-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
Nice looking set-up