Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (alyyybo)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-13-2014, 1:11 PM Reply   
I currently have a 2007 Hyperlite State 130cm that I feel is way too heavy under my feet and cannot really do anything with. I am a 21 year old female and I weigh about 87lbs. I was curious if the Ronix August girls 120cm wakeboard would fit me? Im trying not to break the bank which is another reason I'm looking at kids boards. Any one have any suggestions? Will this board work for me?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-13-2014, 2:07 PM Reply   
I think a 120cm board would be too small for you. My girlfriend is around 100 and she rides a 131.

Here is a cheap 128cm board:
http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards...mens-2013.aspx

This would be perfect for you, in my opinion, same board as the August, just bigger.
What bindings are you using? In my experience bindings can add a lot of weight to a set up.
Old     (alyyybo)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-13-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
I think a 120cm board would be too small for you. My girlfriend is around 100 and she rides a 131.

Here is a cheap 128cm board:
http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards...mens-2013.aspx

This would be perfect for you, in my opinion, same board as the August, just bigger.
What bindings are you using? In my experience bindings can add a lot of weight to a set up.
The bindings are just the stock bindings that came with the original board. I don't have a big budget which is why I was leaning towards with kids one... Ive heard yes it will fit and no it will be too small so I don't know what to get haha. Im not growing anymore and i've never weighed over 100lbs in my life.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-14-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
128 Motive is a good inexpensive board that doesn't feel heavy. Day and a half left on bidding for this one with free shipping, sm bindings, and still under $100....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperlite-Mo...item338fef3b3c
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-17-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hi Alysha-

In looking at boards from 2007 to 2014 there have been HUGE changes in how they're built the weight. If the price fits, you could definitely get something around your current board length and it'll be much lighter than your current board. That link above to Evo has some good boards in there.