Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Kneeboarding

Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-02-2004, 8:52 PM Reply   
I was wondering what other people think of hydroslide kneeboards.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-06-2004, 7:21 AM Reply   
Good boards to start with. They are wide and stable. The parabolic ones are a little harder to cut with due to their wideness. Lots of pop at the wake with the Kaos, but terrible for combos. They cheapened up the Kaos in the past couple of years(not good for the extreme riders).

Just my $0.02.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
Let me know if you want one. I am a Hydroslide dealer and have several Kaos in stock. I have not broken one and I weigh over 225. Then again, I am not as good as a rider as Tuneman. Kaos $189 plus actual shipping (typically $15-25 in US).

rider@boaritup.com
www.boarditup.com

register for the freegear on the site.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-07-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Sorry about my previous post, Karl. I guess I made the Kaos sound bad. It's actually a very good board(one of the best). Now, if you're getting a good 6 feet of air on every jump, then you might have some problems. That's what I meant by extreme.

They used to put more reinforcement in the boards in order to take that kind of abuse. I think Hydroslide wanted to make the Kaos more affordable for more riders. So they limited the reinforcements to reduce the cost.

Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
No problem. It is what it is. I only get a few feet of air most of the time. Still working on barrel rolls.

I have found that Hydroslide is great about warranty. If it does break, they replace quickly. Thankfully, it does not happen often.

Will I see you at INT Nationals?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, no. The funds just aren't there and I haven't competed this year at all yet. I'm hoping to compete at least once and am considering going to AKA nationals to mainly promote the site and take pics.

Wanna do a write up about the INT nationals for Kneeboard Planet, Karl?