Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    tommyadrian5            08-20-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   
Does anybody know where i can get a decent bimini for a (original) zeroflex tower that isn't ridiculously expensive. I don't want a custom one if i don't have to. Do any companies just make bimini's that just fit on specific towers??? I want one that mounts to the tower only, i don't want to have to drill my gunnels at all, and one that folds up nicely.
thanks,
tom

(Message edited by tommyadrian5 on August 20, 2003)
Old    tommyadrian5            08-21-2003, 5:57 AM Reply   
anybody???
Old    sprucie            08-21-2003, 2:59 PM Reply   
Tom, I've been wrestling with a similar idea.
My bimini is way too low, I keep hitting my head on it.

You might be able to measure the distance between your horizontal tubes on your tower then measure your height to just below your tower, leaving room for speakers lights etc.

I think overton's and other carry generic biminis that you can order based on measurements in stead of boat types or types of towers.

Good luck.
Old    bobbymucic            08-21-2003, 3:18 PM Reply   
I bought a bimini from overtons for my old boat. It was sunbrella material and cost about 250. I bought stainless quick-release swivelmounts.

I did mount those to the boat, just above the tower mounts.

On my new boat, I mounted the the bimini to the tower. I used those mount again, but I had to make an adapter shaped to fit the curvature around the tower. It works well. Now I can cover and uncover the boat with the bimini folded up and strapped to the tower.
Old    clint_h            08-22-2003, 7:58 AM Reply   
Texas Mastercraft has a guy that makes biminis for the Zero Flex. They attach to the tower and are high enough to walk under. I have one and love it. Try giving them a call.
Old    renegade            08-22-2003, 8:14 AM Reply   
I have the a 2000 Xstar and I was wondering if the boss bimini would work, anyone have it?
Old    tommyadrian5            08-22-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
Does the texas mastercraft guy's cover fold up and everything, that sounds really good i'll give him a call thanks for the heads up.
Old    clint_h            08-22-2003, 9:50 AM Reply   
Check out this boat at TX Mastercraft. This looks like mine except mine is black. It has a round clamp to go around the tower and the hooks are mounted to the tower as well so you don't have to drill into the gelcoat.

http://www.texasmastercraft.com/index_inventory.jsp?go=detail&boatid=153865#
Old    tommyadrian5            08-22-2003, 9:57 AM Reply   
That looks good, i have the older style zeroflex though, but that looks like it might work. This is what my tower looks like.

Old    clint_h            08-22-2003, 10:06 AM Reply   
I think you would have to put a hook on the gelcoat on your boat. The tower doesn't go back enough to provide a place to secure the top. You could definitly mount the front hook to the tower.

Call Jeff Knight at the dealership 972-399-0111 he will shoot straight with you.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-22-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yea that's what i'm minding, i don't really mind putting a hook on the gelcoat, i just don't want any of the support bars on the gelcoat, making me have to get the cover altered or take the whole thing off every time i cover the boat.
Old    tommyadrian5            08-22-2003, 10:52 AM Reply   
I thought i'd seen this a while back and i found it in the accessories for sale section (too bad its already sold its exactly what i'm looking for). I guess boss has a way to mount it only to the ZF tower (this is the ZFF tower but its the same geometry and all). Guess i'll give my boss dealer a call. Hope its not much more than this guy was asking.
Old    turtle            08-22-2003, 10:09 PM Reply   
Sorry for the delay on this. I have that tower, and my Bimini is all tower mounted.....I tried everythin I could to get around going custom...but it will not work. (If you can prove me wrong, and i hope you can cause it will save you some money)

I have a tower mounted bimini, with one stripe, delivered for 685.00. But do not get the tower clamps for the front....PITA, have mitch make you a short strap for the front that clips to the tower.

http://www.johnsonbimini.com/
Old     (johns)      Join Date: Sep 2000       08-24-2003, 7:28 PM Reply   
Tom, that was my old boat. I paid around $600-700 can't really remember, for that bimini and it did not even fit when it showed up. I had to bend the front supports inward to fit inside the narrower front tower legs. It was nice when I had it though. Hope you get what your looking for. if you have any questions please let me know. Peace
John
Old    tommyadrian5            08-25-2003, 5:25 AM Reply   
I was eyeing mine this weekend to see how it would fit, i noticed that the front gap between the tower arms is smaller than the rear, meaning i'd have to have the bimini smaller in the rear than it could be. I'm going to call Boss and see what they have to say, if i'm going to pay that much i want something that is going to fit and fit well, did yours fold up easily?