Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ando)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-19-2010, 11:59 PM Reply   
Well to us at least. Its an 06 Calabria Pro V. It has a weird layout compared to other Calabrias I have seen, it has speakers in the side of the seats and cup holders in the seats as well, unlike the other ones where there are four lined up on the sides. We sold it for a 95 Ski centurion and got a pretty good deal on it. Apparently the guy we bought it from said it was a prototype.

I had a few questions on it though if anyone knows about Calabria set ups. First does anyone know where the hour meter is on these boats, its not on the dash and I did not see it anywhere else. Also the trim tab gauge seems to only work when the water is smooth or if we are going slower, Is this standard? Its a bennet trim tab system and on the gauge it just says 0-100%. Also how do you tell if the ballast tanks are full, their is a light by the switches but im not sure if its on when there full or empty. Thanks in advance.

IMG_0038 1
IMG_0037 1
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-20-2010, 4:50 AM Reply   
That's a sharp boat!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-20-2010, 6:43 AM Reply   
I can see some differences just in these pics from my 08 team v, the nav lights on the front and also the vents on the side of the boat are different. very sharp looking boat I must say. I would love to see the inside of the boat to see what you are talking about as far as the speakers and the cup holders. As far as the hour meter there is one on the perfect pass if you have it, or you would have to take it into a mercury dealer and have them hook it up to a computer to get the hours that way. My trim tab guage works all the time sitting still or moving I think you might have a problem with the guage. I don't know on the 06 but my 08 has two ballast guages on the dash that tell me when the ballast is full. if you don't have the guages just open them for about 90 secs they will be full. if you listen to the vent holes you can hear the water start to gurgle when they start getting full. Again very sharp looking boat.
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-20-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
my 06 ProV is set up just as Jarod has described and works the same. Is the dash different as well? More pic's please.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-20-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Typically the hour meter is in the RPM Display, or if that is gone, then it's usually in the perfect pass as stated below.

Waiting for more pix!

Also, Ballast didn't always have gauges, just open them up for 90 - 120 seconds and they're full. You can typically reach over the driver side to the vent and feel the water coming out.
Old     (jonnymatrix5)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-20-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
You have to use the menu feature on the perfect pass to get to the hours. I have same year, I think you have to press the 2 right buttons at the same time if I remember right.