Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
I ride regular, so on a HS approach for the backroll do you look over the right shoulder or the left shoulder to initiate the roll? I heard some conflicting information and want to be sure. I look over my right and it seems to be working.

Eric
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-21-2005, 10:22 AM Reply   
I ride regular as well, and I look over my lead, or left shoulder when doing a backroll. I do a traditional backroll, maybe you're doing a Mexican backroll by looking over your right shoulder?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2005, 11:09 AM Reply   
Not trying a Mexican, but I heard someone say look over the trailing shoulder to initiate the roll. Then I heard someone say you should spot your landing, which if you're looking over the back shoulder is not going to happen.

Eric
Old    stoked27            06-21-2005, 1:41 PM Reply   
I was told to look over my left (I ride regular, and I'm referring to a hs cut). I learned the backroll by doing this fine, it took a while, but now I do it a little different. I kind of cock my head towards my right shoulder while I look towards the boat/horizon. When I was looking over my left shoulder, I did it a little too dramatically and it caused me to rotate off-axis a little.

I guess what I try to do is raise my left shoulder, and dip my right shoulder, while at the same time almost touching my right ear to my right shoulder (while looking towards the boat though).

Hope that helps some.
Old     (wakesurfer54)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-21-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
it supposed to be ur left but w/e works for u
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2005, 7:48 AM Reply   
Nothing worked last night...too much boat traffic to really get a good one off. Either the lauch is trashed or the landing is traashed. So much for riding during the work week.
Old    alanp            06-22-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
eric look over the lead/left shoulder.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2005, 9:11 AM Reply   
Will do assuming I can find some butter this weekend. My second, third, alternate third and fourth are all out of town this week. Bummer.

Eric
Old                06-27-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
Damn, you should have called me. I live in Cincy and I had no one to ride with this weekend either.