Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old    xtremebordgurl            10-28-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
I've got a couple pics that I need to resize down to 300 dpi.. I don't even know what that means. I'm shooting with a 5 mega pix camera, anyone know how to do this (resize)? I need to know asap for a mag, so any tips/info you guys can throw my way I would really appreciate. Thanx a bunch!
Old    jakeman            10-28-2003, 2:11 PM Reply   
u know how to use photoshop?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2003, 2:23 PM Reply   
Are you outputting for print? Why 300 dpi?
Old    leggester            10-28-2003, 2:24 PM Reply   
Try help in photoshop. dpi is dots per inch, it's a measurement.

Almost all imaging software, except the standard MS "imaging" has resizing available.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-28-2003, 2:53 PM Reply   
In Photoshop, resize the image and change the dpi to 300. But the file size will increase dramatically since the default seems to be 72dpi.

They should be able to modify the image if you send them the original.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-28-2003, 5:54 PM Reply   
she's sending it to a mag. 300 dpi is probably minimum.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-28-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
First figure out what your resolution (dpi) is on your image.

If you have a 72 dpi image and are trying to convert it to a 300 dpi image that will not work.

It maybe best to shoot at very high quality setting in your camera, preferably TIFF. TIFF will normally output to a 300 dpi image, resulting in excellent print material. It is always easier to scale down a high resolution image (300 dpi) as opposed to a low resolution 72 dpi jpeg.

If you look in your digital camera manual there will be an instruction guide for what the best output would be for either print or web.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on October 28, 2003)