Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    loytoy101            06-29-2010, 10:52 PM Reply   
So my VLX came in and its missing the push button start that I ordered. My dealer says they have been having problems with the batteries going dead with them and they are discontinued. Is this a true story cause I really wanted that option! The reason I ask is because I have seen lots of 2010 Wakesetters with it! Oh and mine has the LS3 if that makes a difference...
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-29-2010, 11:05 PM Reply   
You sound like you wish you had the battery draining option.
Old     (dhcomp1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-30-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Have a hard time thinking its that unit that drains the battery.

Ever since they replaced my 08 MUX switches/gauge controller box in 09, my battery won't last over a week connected.

Really hope the keyless start isn't worse than that....
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-30-2010, 11:58 AM Reply   
It's not that complicated you could install one yourself
Old    mojo            06-30-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
if you ordered it that way they owe you an explanation and either money back or installation free of cost. auto's and boats have used push start for years so i don't see how it could be a problem.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
I can see why you would want it. I got to test drive a 2011 R & D Wakesetter with all of the fancy new stuff, and the touch ignition was soooo nice. Malibu is going to kill it in 2011. Their new boat is smooth, powerful, and sophisticated. The wake is dope too of course.
Old    loytoy101            06-30-2010, 10:00 PM Reply   
well I guess my dealer was right... my buddy got one of the early 2010's and he's had nothing but problems with the push button so his dealer took it out and put a key start in it. I guess he would push the factory code in it and push start and nothing! Thats no fricken good!
Old    mojo            06-30-2010, 11:25 PM Reply   
i know a company who's been using them in their boats for about a decade...and my buddy has a push start in his international scout. put a viper remote start in it .
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-01-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
I have never seen the point of a push button start, seems pointless. What is the magical appeal that I am missing?
Old     (tgoin)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-01-2010, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfadam View Post
I have never seen the point of a push button start, seems pointless. What is the magical appeal that I am missing?
No keys to lose or drop in the lake. Of course if your memory is bad, and you forget the code,
you are equally lost.