Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-20-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
I rode my friends press on the weekend and really liked it. i felt that it rode pretty quick, transitioned from edge to edge really well, held edge good, and had some pretty good pop. i think that's a pretty good description of what it was meant for right?

my own board is getting pretty beat up, and i think i may need a new one soon. Im really interested in a flex board and trying company wakeboards as a friend of mine is now a rep for them. how would these boards compare to the press? and what about the press compared to slingshot?

thanks!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 12:14 AM Reply   
I have been on LF press series (only on cables) but I would still take my Slingshot Recoil over the Ennen Press any day. It had more flex (in a good way) and is way way way tougher.

My recoil has had the living hell beat out of it for the last 5 months and compared to a LF board with the same beating its crazy.... My SS has minor scratches and the LF is worn raw.

Plus, the weight .... The SS is crazy light compared to the LF.... in all the right places too, there is little to know swing weight on the SS.

You can trust me (for what its worth) the SS Recoil is maybe the greatest board ever made in the entire world
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-21-2009, 2:46 AM Reply   
"little to know swing weight"<--- lol

I ride my buddies Slingshot from time to time, and I love it, and so do all of our buddies. Every time he comes out on the boat, it's all we ride. It's pretty quick on edge, and has insane amounts of pop. It's definitely my next board for sure. I recommend it.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
Haha, oops.

I was fairly buzzed last night, my roomie won $250 at the bar, spent every dime on us before we left... my english wasn't quite up to par... heck I prob intended to say that for some reason.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2009, 4:23 PM Reply   
thanks guys for the input. Nick, have you ridden the response at all? im thinking i might like the continuous rocker better. is the three stage on the recoil really abrupt or more subtle? I felt the ride was much nicer on the press with a progressive three stage than my board which has an abrupt 3 stage. i also have a tige which is a pretty steep wake.
Old     (jame04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       07-21-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
If you really want the Press I have a brand new 08 141 that I will let go cheap!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2009, 7:40 PM Reply   
Just the recoil.... but it doesn't feel abrupt, its a vert pop but really smooth.

I always rode byerly's and park's/ibex stuff... really really hard popping boards and the recoil sends you way higher but its smooth.... like a trampoline, the board is a big big spring... it loads up all of this energy on the edge, then as the board leaves the wake that engergy is transfered out in the form of crazy super amazing pop....almost dangerous amounts.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-21-2009, 8:21 PM Reply   
thanks Nick. i was initially thinking i'd need a new deck closer to the end of the year, but i found out today mine has a break right across the board.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-22-2009, 3:04 PM Reply   
Edgar, how cheap exactly?