Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
For a couple of week I was graced with the presence of the two best nauty's of all time. No wonder the "2001" puts out such a great 'boarding wake...the SANTE looks identical, just pumped up on steroids.

Oh well....it's a sad day that the old one is gone, but I can't complain because we got our dream boat in its place.

Upload

Upload
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-24-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
they do look the same..thats nice..nice looking boat by the way!
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-25-2006, 3:01 AM Reply   
awesome pic of awesomes boats, congratulations!!!!!!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-26-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
oh man, no prop guard on the 2001! careful trailering that thing buddy.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-26-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
Very nice Super Air.

I had heard people say that the wakes between the 2 were similar. Now I guess I know why.

Does anyone know the differences in the 2 hulls other than the SAN being bigger?
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2006, 9:55 AM Reply   
Brandon, were you out on Lake Bryan last week? I'm pretty sure I saw that boat (the SAN) out there with someone tearing it up behind it. I'm on Bryan atleast twice a week--on Mondays and Tuesdays (or Thursdays) usually--riding behind my VLX (Black/Grey/White w/ Illusion tower..not the black and yellow one that always skis and tubes) or a friend's tan Super Sport. If you see me out there, flag me down. You're more than welcome to take a few sets behind my boat anytime you're out there or anytime you feel like riding but don't have time to bring your boat to the lake. Maybe I'll be able to bum a pull or two off you aswell (hint, hint). Are you an A&M student/graduate? Awesome, awesome boat(s) by the way. Hope to see you on the lake.

Jeff
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-26-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
That's crazy. I never had any idea that the hulls were so similar. You'd think technology could create a better wake, but it just doesn't seem to be the case.
Old    bocephus            06-26-2006, 10:36 AM Reply   
Look at Porsche!
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-26-2006, 10:33 PM Reply   
Jeff...yeah that was us. I didn't see your boat. I only saw the black and yellow one tearing up the smooth water. They were pulling a damn tube all along the shore. We decided to go to the other side, and sure enough they got there before us. Luckly they just went over there to swim. You would think that someone with a boat like that would of taken advantage of the glass on Thursday. I'll hit you up next time we need a third or fourth. Filling this beast up with petrol hurts!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-26-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
Hey Brandon, those are my two favorite boats. When I get a job and can afford one, I will definately be looking at that year 210. I also love the 2001's. I was trying to get one as a project boat from the hurricane. To bad the guy decided to restore it himself. I also live in Bryan 9 months out of the year. I ride with Jeff a lot, maybe we will see each other. I wont be back till late august. His VLX is sweet, he just needs some speakers for it .

PS: you need to retitle your post 'two best boats ever'

(Message edited by malibuboarder75 on June 26, 2006)
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-28-2006, 11:56 PM Reply   
wonder why CC changed from dual exhausts to single???????
Old     (jayc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-29-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
why cut two holes when one will do!
Old     (boardn197)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-29-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
Love your SAN, does it fit in the garage, I'm just looking at options for boats but only have 7 feet high of clearance.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-30-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
Jeff we are out there on wed, thur, and some sunday mornings. How's the wake behind your boat? I'd love to give it a try sometime. You should get Brandon to build you some tower speakers. This guy built some bad ass speakers like the NVS's. Its crazy how loud they are. Ill send you some pics later.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-30-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
In the SANTE they removed the hook from the hull of the 2001. Put a straight edge on the sterns and you can see it clearly. There were a few other tweaks as well, but the lineage is clear.

The 2001 was not the best slalom boat CC produced, but the trick skiers raved over it.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-30-2006, 8:31 AM Reply   
Cody, first I need an iPod--or atleast a good CD or two--then maybe I'll start thinking about speakers. It figures our riding days/times would be completely opposite. Oh well, I guess that means we're never destroying each other's water. I love the wake behind the VLX which is weird because I equally love the Super Sport/Super Air wake. They're completely different wakes, but I don't think I could choose one over the other; both entirely unique, both great. Hell, the stock wake behind either is way more than I'll ever need. That said, I'm still waiting for a perfect day to sack the crap out of my boat just for the fun of it. I'm sure I'll see you on Bryan one of these days. Let me know if you need a third (maybe I'll break your mirror so you have to have atleast 3) on one of your riding days or if you're free on one of our's. Later.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-05-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Sounds good to me. You said you go on some thursdays right? I live in Houston but make that trip every other week. I think we might try and go next week if this rain will move out. It will be on wed or sun. Let me know if yall will be out. I just saw a vid that your friend Leo posted, they were killing it. Here is a pic of the speakers Brandon built. sorry they aren't the best view but it just gives you a idea of how big they are.
Upload
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Ah crap, you saw Leo's video. Just know his skill level is in no way indicative of my, or anyone else I ride with's, talent (save one or two). The punk makes the rest of us look bad. Weather permitting, I'll be out tomorrow, Monday, and Tuesday. I'll definitely try a Sunday--either this one or next--if you guys are out there. Just let me know. Are there a lot of fisherman on the lake weekend mornings, or is it pretty empty?

Sweet speakers.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2006, 1:53 PM Reply   
Jeff, with that 360, you aren't too far behind. I still suck at inverts.

Still not sure about the 2001 yet. The guy says the paint job was 2,500 and he can't go less than 3,800.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-05-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, but the backside 3 I tried may have been the biggest trainwreck disaster in the history of wakeboarding.}
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-06-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
There are a few fishermen but not that many. We get out there early morning and ride before anyone else gets there. I think the guys are going out tomorrow (friday) if you are out there. Leo we need to ride together when you are back at school. My spins are a bit weaker than my inverts.
Old    hilcotx            07-15-2006, 10:49 PM Reply   
Brandon, I live in College Station as well. Several years ago I bought an 86 ski nautique from a Brandon Holmes in Kansas. That wouldn't happen to be you would it? It looks like I will be buying another ski boat since my kids are getting old enough to go. I hope Lake Bryan is still a good place to ride.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-16-2006, 12:08 AM Reply   
Sure thing cody.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-23-2006, 10:22 PM Reply   
Brad, I think lake Bryan will always be a great place to ride as long as it is during the week. The weekends you have to get out there early in the morning. Leo Let us know when you are back in town.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-23-2006, 11:31 PM Reply   
Brandon, what year is your SAN? You really got a beauty. I always love simple two tones on SANs.

I have an 88 2001 that has been in the family since it was first made. Besides having so many great family memories it throws such a fantastic wake!!!
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-24-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
It is an '03
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-24-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
Hey Cody, what is your number?
Old     (blxboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-09-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
What year is the older nautique, that is incredible. I wonder if they throw the same wake when weighted the same???? If anyone knows, please post because I am looking for an older boat to buy to fix up over the winter. thanks.
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       08-10-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
Here's one From MAC (mac_attack) 86 2001. I'm not sure how it was weighted though.
Upload
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-12-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
My old 2001 was an '83. Boarding behind both, I would say that the shape is almost identical. As far as size, fully sacked out, you could probably get about 2/3 of the way to my SAN.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-13-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey Brandon, I just bought an 83 2001. Will be bringing it to A&M with me.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-13-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
Doesn't your boy got a big 'ol BU. We can't be having too many boats here...j/k! At least it is a Nautique. Not sure if you have been in town or at the lake lately, but there has been a huge boom in premium wakeboard boats around town. I have seen atleast 3-4 newish X-stars. Some of these kids parents have way too much money.
Old    gatorcwb            08-15-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
Brandon, it sucks. Too many people with a lot of money who can't even back their boat down the launch. No, I won't be back till the 24th. Jeff sold his bu, now its just my 2001.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-16-2006, 7:43 PM Reply   
Leo, when are you going to be back in town? You guys need to meet us at the lake for a few sessions. So why did Jeff sell his BU?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Hey Cody, I am coming back next wednesday. I am dying for some pulls on that 210.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
I sold my BU because my lake has no water in it anymore. As soon as we get a little rain, we're going to buy another boat. Only this time a little older and cheaper, so I'm not always so anal about keeping it spotless. Probably something like an old Super Sport, an old VLX, a couple year-old Sanger V210, or some version of the 205 V hull.

Did you guys ever fix what needed to be fixed and get any riding done today? You should have swung by the back of the lake. One of our friends was pulling people behind his '05 X-Star. We were hitting the new rail kicker we just built and stomping a few 5's and R2R (I took part in neither I should add). We'll hook up next time for sure.
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-24-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
Jeff....yeah I used that belt you gave me, and then hoped for the other to hold. It was able to get me through one entire run and then teaching a women to ride. By that point it was time for the shotguns...so we pretty much just putted around and swam.

I did get to get a couple of good raleys in though! We should be out there next Wed the 30th. Shoot me or Cody a PM if you and Leo want a pull.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-25-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
I will come. What time?