Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
I'm working on one for the Austin Area. I would love some input on what you would want to see. Basically any information you would want to access before you head to the lake. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks...
Right now I want to put...
Wind conditions
lake levels
What else?
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-26-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
how many boats are on the lake
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-26-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
water/air temp. pretty obvious for locals but visitors would find it important.

when will the site be up and whats it called?

(Message edited by denverd1 on January 26, 2006)
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-26-2006, 9:19 AM Reply   
i work at kvue tv...so we are going to put it on kvue.com....hopefully in about a week
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2006, 9:37 AM Reply   
How about if there are camping/rv sites available or if there is gas and or mini mart on site.
Old    texag            01-26-2006, 10:14 AM Reply   
Water clarity would be good. Predominant activity of lake would be nice (more fishing, sailing, wakeboarding, etc.). Public boat launch information is always helpful. Bottom condition (i.e. rocky, sandy, silty, grass, etc.). If this isn't wakeboard/waterski only type information, it would be nice to also include what type of fish the lake has in it as well.
Old     (doobe)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-26-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
Water levels?
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       01-26-2006, 11:25 AM Reply   
Water Temperature

There used to be one for the place I went, but I can't find the website anymore. It's nice to know when your borderline wetsuit/drysuit temps.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-26-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
Diner... Menu? Hrs of operation
Loading ramp... Hrs of operation
Shoreline map...
Old     (murphie07)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-26-2006, 3:40 PM Reply   
Webcam to see the lake conditions before heading out.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-27-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
If you're really motivated, you could include links to other wakeboard friendly lakes with Wakeworld community input. Good luck
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-27-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
as far as water levels go, i use this site to check texas lakes:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/current?type=lake

it seems to be really accurate, so maybe you can include a link to that site. i visit that site everyday while i'm at college...and then i cry myself to sleep when i see my home lake is 5 ft. down
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-30-2006, 7:47 AM Reply   
I like the web cam on Lake Nacimiento. They also have some good reports on all lake activities. On a rainy day or long work day, I like to pull up this site to see what I am missing.

http://www.nacimientoresort.com/
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-30-2006, 2:09 PM Reply   
If you're in the Austin area and planning on going out to Lake Travis, UT has a pretty handy website for lake conditions. Temps, water level, wind speed, etc. They've also got a webcam which can be sort of useful in gauging how good/bad water conditions are. Aside from a report on how much/what sorts of usage the lake is getting day-to-day, the information on this site pretty much covers what I'd like to know before going out.

http://wwwext.arlut.utexas.edu/omg/weather.html