Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-24-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
Who else is stoked about the party at the lagoon this coming Saturday? This will be a classic. Not only will LF have several pros there hitting the rail and riding the Double Up contest there will be an incredible band playing and I'm sure just a little bit of partying gong on . From LF's "The Truth" #11....

Slide Show… counting down the days to the Carlsbad kickoff!

Shane, Watson, Aaron, Collin, Tino, Lyman, Benny G, Gregg, Melissa and Amber fly in this week for the kickoff event hosted by Wakesports Unlimited at the Carlsbad Lagoon, April 29th. The riders are excited about the upcoming rail and double up sessions and already calling each other out on who’s going to step up. The rail jam and double up event presented by LF, Monster, and Malibu Boats will give Slide Show attendees a taste of what the pros are capable of. Invited amateur riders will also get a chance to compete and become legends for the day. The show starts at 12 noon. For more info and directions to the site, be sure to check out www.carlsbadlagoon.com, or call Josh and the “Lagoon crew” at 760 434 3089, or Tyler and the Wakesports crew at (858) 277-5757. For a list of all other Slide Show events scheduled throughout the summer, as well as a complete list of all sponsors making the Slide Show happen, be sure to check out http://www.liquidforce.com/slide-show.htm.

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-24-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
I'm there! Sounds like a good time.

-Steve
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-24-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
You kow I will be there. Would not miss it! Been waiting for a long time for summer to get here. I have a designated driver lined up, AND a new Speedo!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-24-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
I would love to come but I am still Waiting on my Watson boots to come in!!!!!!!

Steve, Can ya help me out here!!!!!
Erik
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-24-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Haha, I wish I had the power! I don't really "work" (in the 'getting paid' sense) at wakesports. I'll pull as many strings as I can though!! You should still come down for the event, it's gonna be a blast.

-Steve
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-24-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
I will be there for sure. Should be a good time.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
I know more of us WW'ers are planning on making it. Post up here so we know who to look around for. Like Tyler said, this will be a classic. I hope to see many of the regulars there, as well as some we have not met. Let's kick summer off right!
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-25-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
The band is pumped!! This will probably go down in the books for a local wakeboard party, thats my guess. Riders are already starting to come in and they are all smiles and sound pretty excited for this to happen as well.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-25-2006, 10:43 AM Reply   
I'll be there wheelchair and all.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-25-2006, 10:54 AM Reply   
I can't wait... My girl, and I, will be there, but we might not show up till later in the afternoon.

If you see me, be sure to say hi... I'm always looking to put WW names with faces.

-Blake
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-25-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
we will be there 4 sure!!! but of course late in the day due to thw whole work thing.
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-25-2006, 10:46 PM Reply   
who's the band? we couldn't make it for this one, though we will be at the coaster saloon in mission beach on friday night.

i'll probably head out there in the afternoon as well, i hope.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
Chris R,

Man! That still sucks! You better have a cup holder on that thing, or I will be your designated driver/pusher. Feel for ya bro!

The "Striking Python" strikes again! Yea!

Coaster Saloon huh....Might have to make that one.

Looking forward to this one!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-26-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
John, at the coaster saloon huh, might have to get a group together to hit that up, what time friday night? The Band for the algoon is some crazy Britts. Here they rock pretty hard though.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-27-2006, 7:25 AM Reply   
we will be there!! Geoff, get your paddle ready!!

(Message edited by teamvaldez on April 27, 2006)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
So you are blowing off girls LTR for this?
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-27-2006, 8:20 AM Reply   
wow. blowing off is such a strong phrase! We had a prior commitment and scheduling conflict. I think it is the beginning of a long list of them. This year (and the years to come) is going crazy with events and slider shows. Good for the sport but hard on us moms and Vice Presidents.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
#1 internet rule: Hafta apply the bust when given the opportunity. Probably should have used a smiley face after. Enjoy! I'm gonna (teaching boatloads of girls to ride)
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-27-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Would love to go but I'll be at Coachella (music festival that is).

TackleBerry, long time no see. Sounds like a tough gig for you (boatloads of girls eh?). Would love to hook up and ride some time.

SEAN
Old     (mrs_porkchops)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-27-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Tackleberry had better be careful, the Mrs. may just do a drive-by to make sure he is behaving, teaching all the girls to ride w/ Mr. B
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-28-2006, 10:12 AM Reply   
I don't know, with the Valdez boys, Buzz, and Mr. hughes all in one place, I'm pretty sure we all know where the girls will be.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-28-2006, 10:46 AM Reply   
Sean - Good to hear from you!! I will keep you on the top of the list for when things start kicking around here. We are just starting to ride again, weather is still in the suck phase.

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on April 28, 2006)
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-28-2006, 1:10 PM Reply   
hey geoff,

we'll start at coaster saloon tonight at around 9. we're only playing one set since we're opening for another band.

we were asked to be the 'house band' every thursday night at whiskey girl (5th and Market) in the gaslamp. the place used to be called 5th quarter and before that it was buffalo joe's. we've also got 2 wavehouse gigs coming up on sunday's. they do their 'rehab sunday' thing and it's the place to be on sundays in the summer.

would love to see you and some peeps tonight - if not, i'll come by tomorrow at the lagoon.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       04-30-2006, 9:14 AM Reply   
I guess everyone is still asleep... Or hungover?

Megan and I had a great time... Thanks to BOTH Tyler's!

-Blake
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 9:24 AM Reply   
Had a blast at the party. Great event Tyler/Josh, etc. Thanks again for a great place for these events. It's going to be a great summer. Way to kick it off. I will post a few pics later.

Thanks also to Tyler and Lisa
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       04-30-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Was great to see everone there, just wish we could have gotten there sooner. The slider set up looked Bad Ass. The band kicked ass as expected. Great times to look forward to this summer.
Thanks Tyler and Lisa for hosting the after party party..
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Wow! Hard to believe no pics yet of the event. I am at work, but will post a couple of the 200+ that I took as soon as I get home tonite. Come on Bug, I know you got a few good ones!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Wow! Hard to believe no pics yet of the event. I am at work, but will post a couple of the 200+ that I took as soon as I get home tonite. Come on Bug, I know you got a few good ones!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
Oops! Still seeing double.
Old    lovin_the_sport            04-30-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
Hey it was great being at the lagoon yesterday and seeing most of you!!! Like Geoff said, thanks to BOTH TYlers (and lisa) for the hospitality!!! Hows everyone feeling today? Buzz? found your shoes or your phone yet!? Cant wait for next weekend... Yesterday was an awsome way to kick off the season!!! :-)
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-30-2006, 6:33 PM Reply   
Hey great time at the rail jam, Thanks tyler, Josh and the Lf team. Props to eddie valdez.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
OK, here are a couple pics for now. Will look for a couple more tomorrow.

Upload
Shane tearing it up.

Upload
Aimee and Chris (showing off his signature bindings - due in stores mid-summer)

Upload
The band - keeping us entertained, and the drunks dancing. Great job guys!

Upload
Jesi
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-30-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-01-2006, 6:28 AM Reply   
I heard that there was a kid from Phoenix who called Josh and asked if he could ride in the event. Josh said yeah, the kids dad drove hime all the way from Phoenix, then they wouldn't let him ride, because he was riding a CWB wakeboard. Anyone know anything about this?
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-01-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Most Excellent event!!! We had an incredible time. The pro & amateur riders were incredible, the band rocked at least 5 sets, friends, food and I'm just now coming down off the free Monster buzz....

Thanks to everyone to made the after party as well. I think we set a new record for # of bodies in the hot tub!

-Tyler
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-01-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
Cute pictures Buzz... :-)

And yes, that hot tub was full!!! I kept getting tricked to jump in the pool for fresh air... Oh, by the way... thanks for the push in the pool Tyler... It was truely refreshing! :-P jk! :-)
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-01-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Buzz and Tim it was nice to meet you guys.

For all my SoCal peeps(too many to name)

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
Big Ed,

Glad you made it down. You have to come to San V with us. Let me know.

Really like the new LF Malibu, and the graphics. Wish I had a better pic of it.

Upload
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-01-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
good time had by all ,Moose gave the event 2 antler's up.
once again joe's a no show
If your not riding Da Lagoon on fridays for just $20 "YOU ARE BLOWING IT"
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-01-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
Buzz,
You ought to see the pic of your wound... It's pretty. Ughh... Did Tim and I switch ladies?

Tackleberry,
Haven't heard anything about that... But I hope it's not true.

-Blake

Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-01-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Awesome time out there guys. Biggest thanks goes to everyone that came out to support the event. It was so much fun to see so many people out there enjoying the event, Even found a few new comers to the lagoon and to the sport in general that were blown away.
Big Thanks to Liquid Force, Wakesports Unlimited, California Watersports, Myself, Monster for crakin' every one out, All the other sponsers, and of course J-boy and Don Wallacew on the Mic's!!! Who gave them both mic's don't know, but they are insane.
To all the riders, hope you all had a good time yourselves, My mom even found herself a favorite rider and her day,/week/year was made by getting her very own brand new watson board and then to get a personal autograph on it by Watson himself was very cool!!
And don't forget the band, freaking great!!! Just rocked it for as long as they could. I know everyone loved the band so super glad they could make it!!

LETS GET ALL THE PICS AND VIDEO UP THAT WE CAN KIDS, REALLY WANT TO SEE IT ALL!!!!
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-01-2006, 4:36 PM Reply   
PS.
CONGRATS to the local Valdez boys. Guess they are kind of a big deal now. They ride boards that look leather bound and smell like rich mahogony. Keep being the awesome kids you guys are and riding hard and you'll own this sport. Thanks to the whole Valdez family!
Old    tahoe_bryan            05-01-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
Hey all,
This is my first post ever. I was the drummer from that rad band "the 4 mystic pirates of the Carlsbad Lagoon". I may be more famous for being Geoffs older brother! Just wanted to let everybody know I had an awesome time at the party! I was pretty blown away by some of the stuff that people were throwing down out there. very Rad!!! anywayas. . . Hope to see all ya all again soon! Ride hard!
Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-01-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Your the man....I mean Pirate Bryan! Incredible performance and that Mohawk was rockin.
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-01-2006, 9:22 PM Reply   
So, what was the deal with riders being asked to come ride and then when they showed up, were told they couldn't ride? Seems like the rules for who gets to ride were a little unclear.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
I didn't hear anything about riders not being allowed to compete.

-Steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-01-2006, 10:10 PM Reply   
I had a great time on saturday, And I wanted to thank some people:

Tyler I. and Josh: You guys know how to throw a party!!! I cannot think of a better way to start, what I'm sure is to become, an epic summer. Thanks for everything!!!

Mystic Pirates of CL: Bollocks mates! Awesome show, you had everyone going, and we didnt want it to end. When's the next show? Sign me up, I'm there!

Tyler O. and Lisa O.: Afterparty host and hostess with the mostess! You guys rock, it wouldn't have been the same without you there. I need someone to keep up with me on the monster count (I think I ended the day with 6!)

Geoff, Leslie, Alan, Bryan, Jenn: I'm way more Scottish than you! Haha, jk, (little inside joke) Great to spend some time with you all.

Blake and Megan: I vaguely remember either throwing or being thrown into the party island by one or the other of you several times during the night. WTF?!? Haha, good times as always, we'll see you down here again in 2 weeks Blake, you'd better have that winch up and running by then.

Tim and Jesiday: Glad you guys came out, I know being in the middle of a move can be stressful, I wasnt sure you were gonna make it out. Keep thinking about TX, we gotta make it happen, even if all these other wimps don't wanna go!

Kevin and Lisa: Better late than never, huh? Fashionably late or what? Haha, good to have you come out, work sucks! You gotta make those people in the education and car repair fields understand that wakeboarding and friends take priority over all else! Can't wait to get back out on the water with you guys.

TeamValdez: Finally got to 'kinda' meet you saturday. Thanks for coming out, your kids were killing it, and it was great to see you out there.

Ryan and Julie, Buzz, B. Lloyd, Nick, Brian B and family, Bear, Hannah, David, Chris, Amay, Brandon (team 220), Alexis, Shawn, Rob, Ricky, Henry, Gobel, Jason Mendes and the team at Liquid Force, and EVERYONE else there (there's probably 100 I'm forgetting), Thanks for everything!

-Steve
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-01-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
Bryan,
my vote is still to keep the mohawk! :-)
Old    tahoe_bryan            05-01-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
LOL. . . i wish I could! rockn' the mohawk is way cooler than I origanlly thought! If it wasn't for this stupid thing called my career. . . i would!!!!
Upload
Upload

thanks again! was a rocking good time!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 10:50 PM Reply   
Steve,

You said it all. Probably what all of us wanted to say, but some of us are still hungover!

Bryan - Smokin good job on the entertainment. Can you guys fit on a houseboat?

Tyler and Lisa - You guys are the best! Letting this bunch of hoods in your house time after time. You never learn! You really are the BEST!

Everyone else - This was one of the best parties in a long time. Good indication of what the summer is going to be like! Good times ahead!

A few more pics - sucks for you if you get in front of my camera! Fair game!

Upload

Blake - what are you doing to that young lady? Oh! That's right - she's yours!

Upload

Payback sucka!

Upload

Two future wakeboarders for my bad-a$$ boat! Man! I love this job!!

Upload

The "DEVIL"!

More to follow - unless I am paid off!!
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-01-2006, 10:51 PM Reply   
lol... lovin it!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Hannah,

It's past your bedtime!

I thought I recognized this behind (Oh - I mean bikini strap)! What are you doing to Jesi? Not that she is real upset or anything!

Upload

Told you I had pics!

Old    lovin_the_sport            05-02-2006, 11:31 AM Reply   
lol... No evidence that is my back!!!

But yea, she enjoyed it!!!!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-02-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
damn a Ball Punching Contest... why do I always miss out on the fun stuff!

Buzz - sweet pics!

Old     (tyler_o)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-02-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
Allright, Lost and Found call from the after party...

One pair of female boardshorts...?

One red plaid shirt (matches pic above)....?

One LF hat signed by Dallas Friday (this item has been confiscated)

A single house key...

One pair of "lucky" shorts with lots of holes filled with sand....?

One Wakeboard invitational T-Shirt size XL

One pair of unclaimed thong underwear from the last after party. Proof of ownership required.

Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-02-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   

The thong's mine....
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
The thong is Steve's. I gave it to him for Christmas!

The hat is mine. Not surprised I left it. I was leaving stuff all over that night. Surprised I did not leave my head somewhere. So far, that's the only thing left that is missing. Tyler, I WILL get that back a little faster than I did the shirt from the last party! Thanks again for the great party! Always a good time at the TSO pad!
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-03-2006, 12:20 AM Reply   
Buzz... I want to see more pictures!!! :-)

Perty please...

TYler... awsome time at your house!!! Thanks again for being such a great host!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-03-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hannah,

I will as soon as I get a chance. I will also burn you a CD with all the pics on it.

Upload
Upload
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-03-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
I didnt say of me... just kidding... cute pictures of us girls as always! :-)
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-03-2006, 1:07 PM Reply   
Steve's got a BONER!!!!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-03-2006, 1:12 PM Reply   
Tyler,

Hold on to those "lucky" shorts, for me, please... I'd be lost without them. And damn-it, who tried to get lucky in them? I don't remember wearing them... And you said they were sandy? Hmmm....

-Blake
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2006, 1:21 PM Reply   
Not a boner, just an enormous package!
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-03-2006, 2:00 PM Reply   
Haha thats funny steve
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-03-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
It's funny because it's true!
Old     (saucysass88)      Join Date: May 2006       05-04-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Buzz,

Nice Pics by the way! Fun time, thanks for the invite!
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-04-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
Hello Jenn!!! :-)
Old     (saucysass88)      Join Date: May 2006       05-04-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hey Hannah!!!!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-04-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Hey Jenn! Got you hooked on wakeboarding, now Wakeworld. Now the obsession begins. You won't be getting ANY work done now. We will have to work on getting you a good pic for your profile!

Later, Buzz
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Pics?
Old    tahoe_bryan            05-07-2006, 9:21 AM Reply   
Where are the pics??? You guys can't tell me nobody has any rad pics from that day?!?!?!?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-07-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
Ant Bug,

Saw your big, fat camera! Let's see what you got!
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-08-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
Buzz, Great pics!!! Missed you this weekend, hope u had fun at the beer fest :-)
Old    lovin_the_sport            05-09-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
Buzz, You were there this sunday werent you?

(HI ALEXIS!! see you at the gym tomarrow!! :-) )